Well Done To Bill D (wwh) On His 100th Find.

Congratulations on reaching 100 finds Bill and thanks for the caches you've placed. We'd also like to thank you for the quality of the logs you write.

In the good old days one of the rewards for reaching 100 finds was to list your favourites. How about it Bill, any chance of reviving this long lost tradition?

Gary & Jane

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! It took me nearly eighteen months to get to one hundred, but though I may have done them slowly I've enjoyed almost all of them along the way. Indeed the only ones I haven't particularly enjoyed have been ones where I only had myself to blame for making life difficult!

I've been thinking for a while about a list of favourites, but to be honest I've enjoyed so many of them so much that I don't think I could produce a list short enough to be meaningful!

When I began caching the ones I preferred were the ones in high lonely places. I think they're probably still the ones I like the most, but I struggle a bit to reach them now after some ill-health and a few operations.

If I had to pick just one all time favourite I think perhaps it would be Cherhill White Horse. It was the third cache I did, before I had a GPSr. It's on Cherhill Down up above the Cherhill White Horse in Wiltshire, in one of those high lonely places I love so much. It took me an age to find the cache, and in fact I was beaten to it by the border collie belonging to friends who was with me. I thought he was sniffing a rabbit burrow, but as I moved around to where he was I realised he'd found an ammo box. I took it up onto a bank, and as I opened it the sun came out for the first time that afternoon, which seemed a nicely theatrical acknowledgement of the sense of achievement I felt.

Perhaps the most challenging I've done was Little Toe's Trilogy - part 1. It's not really possible to say anything that does it justice without giving too much away, except that it certainly warrants its four stars for difficulty and its four and a half for terrain. But don't even think about doing it unless you've got time on your hands! Actually, it looks as if no-one is doing it. I've just looked back at the cache page and I see that I was the last finder - back in September!

Many thanks to all of you who have hidden the caches I've found - keep them coming, and I'll keep on plodding after them, even if it is rather more slowly now!