Warning System

Megamog

It is an elite club, and I'm a member. I won't give you the password, but the following sequence of events is how I earned my 10%. It was all in fun and erased shortly thereafter, but after hounding the mods with just the right technique, I got them to reinstate me.

Today, I still have a little red box next to my heart. <_<:blink:

Posted: Nov 19 2003, 10:47 PM 

sept1c_tank,

Want to see first hand how it works, huh, huh, do ya wanna?

sept1c_tank:  Posted: Nov 19 2003, 10:52 PM 

sure. go for it! light my box! (I'm such an angel anyway, I'm sure I can earn some brownie points later!)

mtn-man and J.C. the puppymonster:  Posted: Nov 19 2003, 11:00 PM 

(sept1c_tank @ Nov 19 2003, 10:52 PM)

sure. go for it! light my box! (I'm such an angel anyway, I'm sure I can earn some brownie points later!)

Just for fun, I beat him to it. I'll zip that off once you have see what it looks like. Thanks for being a kind... victim.

sept1c_tank :  Posted: Nov 19 2003, 11:13 PM 

Warn: (10%)

I'm honored. Please leave it there forever, as a token of our friendship!

It is an elite club, and I'm a member. I won't give you the password, but the following sequence of events is how I earned my 10%. It was all in fun and erased shortly thereafter, but after hounding the mods with just the right technique, I got them to reinstate me.

Today, I still have a little red box next to my heart. <_<:blink:

Posted: Nov 19 2003, 10:47 PM 

sept1c_tank,

Want to see first hand how it works, huh, huh, do ya wanna?

sept1c_tank:  Posted: Nov 19 2003, 10:52 PM 

mtn-man and J.C. the puppymonster:  Posted: Nov 19 2003, 11:00 PM 

(sept1c_tank @ Nov 19 2003, 10:52 PM)

Just for fun, I beat him to it. I'll zip that off once you have see what it looks like. Thanks for being a kind... victim.

sept1c_tank :  Posted: Nov 19 2003, 11:13 PM 

Warn: (10%)

I'm honored. Please leave it there forever, as a token of our friendship!

What does it look like, do? I really would like to know what it is like to get warned, but don't want to do anything bad to get warned.

I know what the little box look like, but I want to know what it feals like to get warned. Also do you get a PM or something telling you you were warned or are you just supposed to notice the little box, cauz I never look at that. How do you know what you got warned for?

You get a PM telling you why you were warned.

hydee Posted: Nov 19 2003, 10:41 PM 

You can click on the percentage to see why you were warned. Each warning is 10%. There is not "automatic" consequence for getting to 100%, each case will be looked at individually. And your warning level can go down.

When you click on it, it takes you to a PM explaining why you were warned.

P.S. I think you have to be a good speller to join the club! :blink:

BTW...it feels great! <_<:D

Edited: (for spelling!) :o

Edited by sept1c_tank
I know what the little box look like, but I want to know what it feals like to get warned. Also do you get a PM or something telling you you were warned or are you just supposed to notice the little box, cauz I never look at that. How do you know what you got warned for?

I got a PM and a box of Purple Pony Doot in the mail when I got warned.....I must be special! <_<

I got a PM and a box of Purple Pony Doot in the mail when I got warned.....I must be special! <_<

You only got it from him, eh? When I got my warning all of the admins took up a collection! :blink:

Never had a warning.

Never used the astrick option, I just use a different word.

Always count to 100 before hitting the reply button when I feel emotionaly involved with the topic.

Always assume that the post that got me riled was intended in the most positive manner. (This is a tough one sometimes.)

Always remember it's just a game.

I've typed at least three times more forum posts than I've ever posted. I usually let them set on the computer for 15 minutes before I punch submit. 2/3s of the time I delete them instead. Usually in the time I've taken to think about it some-one else has posted the stupid emotional reply I had typed, or I just need the time to realize that the world won't stop turning and we are still just a group of people hunting tupperware boxes and ammo cans. It's kinda like counting to 10 before you punish your kids. You gotta focus on the punishment, not the anger or emotion.

I too have many a messages that never left the screen and then there were a couple that maybe should not have been sent.

Great topic by the way. A discussion of warnings without the wankin and whinin.

I received this today

Brian,

Of course you've never been warned. Your pithy, cogent and intelligent posts are the only reason that I haven't shut down the forums. I look forward to reading them when I wake up in the morning and they are the last thing I read before I retire for the evening. Keep up the great work, and rock on buddy!!! 

PS  Sparky Watts, now what's the deal with that dude?

Your humble servant, Jeremy K. Irish.

Edited by briansnat
hydee Posted: Nov 19 2003, 10:41 PM 

You can click on the percentage to see why you were warned. Each warning is 10%. There is not "automatic" consequence for getting to 100%, each case will be looked at individually. And your warning level can go down.

No.

Yes. <_<

Edited by sept1c_tank
I received this today

Brian,

Of course you've never been warned. Your pithy, cogent and intelligent posts are the only reason that I haven't shut down the forums. I look forward to reading them when I wake up in the morning and they are the last thing I read before I retire for the evening. Keep up the great work, and rock on buddy!!! 

PS  Sparky-n- Watts, now what's the deal with that dude?

you oughta be warned for that. plagiarism <_<

I received this today

Brian,

PS  Sparky-n- Watts, now what's the deal with that dude?

Well, I've heard it said that Jeremy just keeps me around as an example of what not to become.... <_<

Everyone starts with a warning meter level of zero when they come to the forums

See you agree every new member is given a warning.

I probably should have wrote meter but you still get the idea.

Um, no, no I don't.

Mine started at zero, so I got a warning meter, not a warning.

Your message might be better received if you didn't continue to misrepresent what people say. Try dictionary.com.

I see some people want to just flame and not actually see the part where I said I meant METER. DUH! HELLO? D O Y O U G E T I T W O W ?

(if your an imbecile, please respond to this statement above)

To everyone else, (except Blindleader)Thanks you have all gave very good opinions and I can't help to think if your car came with a meter showing the potential amount of points you may receive if you were to do something wrong, that more of you might get the fact that handing out a meter is like saying "We think you might do something wrong so here's your meter for when you do"

The meter is built into the system, I get it and so are the smile faces the number of caches you have found, those things can be changed why not give warning meters to people after they get the warning? or even make it hide at 0?

The letter I wrote venting to the admin was replied and he/she understood I needed to vent and is ok with it., just to update you all on that.

Someone also wrote that they had a handicap and they did not say they would do what I was suggesting, that it was uncivilized. Your Point? I never said I was civilized, I am 6'5'' and 260lbs got kind of use to being me and saying what was on my mind. My wife says that's what she loves about me, the ability to say what I feel and stick with it. I also was handicapped, paralyzed blind and deaf. After about 2 years I made a full recovery and the rode was hard and long. I know what it is like to be challenged, to have to look at the world and know it was not made for me. Until you have been there I don't think you can appreciate that. I wrote what I wrote and

I am what I am

Always glad to see so many of you get into trouble too <_<

I received this today

Brian,

PS  Sparky Watts, now what's the deal with that dude?

<_<

Now that's funny! :D