You know it's cold for caching...

writer

quote:
you know it's really cold...

when you don't even want to go caching.

I just can’t imagine that. We didn’t even make it up to 0 degrees yesterday and Gondolff and I still found 3 virtuals and 2 micros. It’s never to cold to go caching. To cold to go to work, shovel snow, wash the car, take out the garbage, or go for a ride but never to cold to go caching. icon_smile.gif

Better than cacheing a cold.Had to get that one in there. icon_razz.gif The Ice so thick you can't get through the ice to the benchmark,slide of the road during the ice storm just to get a picture of a water tank,But it was great the other day,when I found that other one gotta get back to locate those cache's ............Don't you just love it though.. icon_biggrin.gif

When all else fails Geotry again.

When you use your hiking stick to free the ammo box from that log....

Your lighter plays a big part in making a pen work

When its not as fun or refreshing stepping in that river, as it was in July.

Then you spend more time getting your car out of that unplowed parking lot, then you did hunting for the cache....

Oh wait this all happened last weekend......and it was -15 degrees......

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

Is frozen solid and you may as well be sucking on an icicle...

When it makes more sense to use the hand warmer on the GPS instead of your hands icon_biggrin.gif

When snowshoes are required to get to 1/1 caches in any given patch of woods.

When you have to take a leak on the cache to loosen it from the grip of the ice icon_eek.gif

A cache a day keeps the blues away...

when you can actually park closer than you thought because now you can walk across water to get to the coordinates

when you are down on one knee writing in the log "it's too cold to write" with a pencil you donated and your knee melts the ice and it refreezes so you nearly tear your jeans when you try to stand back up.

"i am but mad north-nothwest...when the wind is southerly, i know a hawk from a handsaw."

...your car tyres are nomore round, but more like a cube or octagone. That's what happen to some tyres in arctic temperatures, and this is no joke. And in those temperatures you can not stop your car engine, if you want to drive that car later same day, even if you use the best synthetic oil in the market and have brand new accumulator in your car.

quote:
Originally posted by -=(GEO)=-:

When you have to take a leak on the cache to loosen it from the grip of the ice icon_eek.gif

A cache a day keeps the blues away...

Tell me you're not peeing on the cache containers!

Cache you later,

Planet

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will

give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry