Don't you hate it when threads get closed down<grin>

After reading The thread that will not be named and hitting reply to comment of what is possibly the worst way of posting a cache complaint I have ever seen, I get the message. 'This thread has been closed'.

All this after thinking about what to post and re-reading my message for clarity and meaning.

I guess have to learn to post faster without thinking like those other guys! icon_smile.gif

Oh well. Perhaps it's for the best, those threads are like the Energizer Bunny sometimes.

That thread needed to be closed. I had made a thread where I was going to talk about different subjects, but I got closed out. Jeremy stated that if I want to talk about different topics, talk in the different topics. It got me mad for a while, even said things I shouldn't have said, but I got over it. In fact, I don't even know why I'm talking about this now! icon_confused.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."

- Dan Quayle

I really hate....

When someone with 45 approved cache hides, some of them pretty questionable (A cache where the theme is "Discount coins for Larosa's Pizza"? Geesh, sounds commercial to me), goes whining that he's gonna sue because all of a sudden after 45 caches, the approvers are out to get him.

I also hate run-on sentences.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

First let me say that Erik has been fine with me and has approved a few of my caches without problems.

Secondly let me say that Jeremy said that this user offended him more than any other user. Now I am offended that I would be replaced so quickly. icon_eek.gif

As far as those handicap caches go I have placed several that handicap people could access. If a certain theme of cache isn't acceptable then we just deal with it. I've whined about my love for locationless and virtuals but oh well.....

Now on my handicap pages I use a handicap icon for the background and a handicap notice on the page itself. If the website truely were against handicapped people then I doubt any of my handicap caches would be approved.

Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful

quote:
I also hate run-on sentences.

I, just like you, in the same way and fashion, also and further hate run-on sentences and I likewise and moreover hate very long redundant sentences that are filled up and stuffed full of a whole bunch of and a lot of useless catch phrases and adjectives and various other or different kinds of useless descriptors because those kinds of long run-on sentences are the very most difficult and are really, really, very hard and strange to read and to follow and understand because they are really just way too very long and completely full of too much stuff.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

quote:
Originally posted by Verboten:

Please, won't someone think of the CHINLDREN?!

'Wait a sec...'

<wheeze>

Frig that was funny...

Actually, maybe we *all* should check the expiration date on our dictionary. Do a Google search for 'chinldren' and ignore the "Do you mean: children?" prompt...

...prity skaree stof.

icon_eek.gifHow could I have missed such an interesting thread!!

Would just like to say that if TeamJedi wanted to get ahold of someone so badly, they should have done so... Contact info is given on the contact page.

Btw- icon_wink.gifCan I request Jeremy himself approve all my caches?? That way once they are approved no one will question them, AND if they are turned down I can just pick the cache up and return to the drawing board. icon_biggrin.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

Actually, maybe we *all* should check the expiration date on our dictionary. Do a Google search for 'chinldren' and ignore the "Do you mean: children?" prompt...

...prity skaree stof.

I think most of those websites are in Ohio.

BTW, my family is from Cleveland. I always use that as my excuse.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
I, just like you, in the same way and fashion, also and further hate run-on sentences and I likewise and moreover hate very long redundant sentences that are filled up and stuffed full of a whole bunch of and a lot of useless catch phrases and adjectives and various other or different kinds of useless descriptors because those kinds of long run-on sentences are the very most difficult and are really, really, very hard and strange to read and to follow and understand because they are really just way too very long and completely full of too much stuff.

You used commas, proper spelling and real words in your post. It doesn't count.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

I recall another not-approved cache that was one cache being used as the starting point for several other caches. Those should all have been legs of the same multi instead.

This Sith2 cache is not really a cache at all. You have to solve 10 individual (pre-existing caches) to get the coordinates for this 'bonus' cache. Somewhere in the guidelines it says you may find coordinates to an unpublished cache. That describes Sith2 pretty well.

bandbass.gif

Can somebody explain to me what is sick about this:

quote:
My 4 yr. old enjoys geocaching - but I don't let him drive the car to the cache sites.

Sounds like you're just angry your cache didn't get approved (and I'd bet the dis-approval has nothing to do whatsoever with your kids or any handicaps). Probably best to take it up privately with the (dis)approver and see if you can get things worked out amicably.

Just my two cents. I'm still not letting the 4 yr. old drive the car

I am completely lost on what's sick about that? What moron would let a 4 year old drive a car? he's sick for having an ounce of common sense?

Am I misreading this or what?

I have to agree, it's offensive how somebody would say that the only reason their cache was not approved was because this site doesn't care about handicapped. What an illogical pile of cr@p.

SouthDeltan

How did you get this thread approved? I had a thread that I started that was 10 threads in different forums and each one had a key word in the post that you could compare to my website and put them together to spell out the location of the final bonus thread, but it didn't get approved. I set up this thread for my typing dog, but clearly the forum admins hate typing dogs. I'm calling the ASPCA if I don't hear from you by ... nevermind, it's too late. I'm calling them now. They will be very interested to hear about your discrimination.

(Sorry, I don't know how to type Ohio'ese)

stealyourcache.gif If Earth Day is justified by the moral concept of stewardship of the planet, its celebrants might be surprised about what else comes in that world view package. -Dru Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by South Deltan:

Can somebody explain to me what is sick about this:

quote:
My 4 yr. old enjoys geocaching

I am completely lost on what's sick about that?

South Deltan. Now, YOU are sick! Disgusting. Keep it out of here, you pervert!

icon_wink.gifMy guess is, it's like the joke, No Soap Radio Not funny, but you pretend it is.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by South Deltan:

Can somebody explain to me what is sick about this: My 4 yr. old enjoys geocaching - but I don't let him drive the car to the cache sites.

Clearly it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that discrimination against mobile toddlers is rampant in NJ. icon_wink.gif

Flatlander - I'm sitting in my office and actually laughed out loud reading your post.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN - DO I WANT FRIES WITH THAT - IS THAT A RACIAL SLUR?"

On further reflection - I'm not letting the 4 yr. old smoke cigars either.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Helen Keller (1880 - 1968), The Open Door (1957)

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

OK, I've had enough. I don't care what you don't let your 4 year old do in the privacy of your own home, but please... I don't want him to not do those sorts of disgusting things in a public place where my 4 year old might see him not doing it. The first ammendment does not grant you free reign to not let your 4 year old smoke. That is just sick.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

OK, I've had enough. I don't care what you don't let your 4 year old do in the privacy of your own home, but please... I don't want him to not do those sorts of disgusting things in a public place where my 4 year old might see him not doing it. The first ammendment does not grant you free reign to not let your 4 year old smoke. That is just sick.

It's ok with me as long as you don't let your sick 4 year olds hide caches on their vacations far away from their home.

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

Secondly let me say that Jeremy said that this user offended him more than any other user. Now I am offended that I would be replaced so quickly. icon_eek.gif

Wait, wait.. is this the proper place in the thread where someone calls you a Troll? icon_smile.gif

This is what I wanted to post before that other thread was closed.

Several thoughts come to mind:

1) This is just a game. Part of the game is figuring out how to do what you want WITHIN THE GUIDELINES or discretion of the powers that be.

2) I am mildly handicapped but not wheelchair bound. At no point have I ever felt discriminated against, although not all of my caches have been approved. Looking back after some caching experience, I can see why they weren’t approved.

3) Why on earth would anyone ever deliberately upset the powers that be? They can cut you out of the game forever if they so chose.

I feel better now that I've had my rant.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

I don't know why, but this post by Stunod, just had me howling:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

What, are you on crack?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geocaching doesn't care about people with addictions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures