The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

QUOTE (Dan-oh @ Aug 12 2005, 01:47 PM)

QUOTE (TrailGators @ Aug 12 2005, 11:38 AM)

Dan-oh, can I assume that this makes you Belinda - the Good Puzzler of the North? 

Can you at least tell us which one of your past creations this one is most similar too? 

Lets ask the triple FTF cachers, Cornerstone4, D-Jollymon and John&Jess what they thought.

I tend to think its '******' meets '********'. Never mind, I don't want to give any hints. And since the first three have found it sans hints, its doubtful I'll add any. 

I would have to say Dan-oh is the Wiz himself, but don't tell him, he might get a little big headed on us. :lol:

This one had a bit of everything in it, but it ran you around town a bit like "Bingo" did. I must admit, without D-Jollymon there, I most likely would have posted a DNF here and been begging for a hint. The WP before the final cache kicked my butt. His numbers were right on, my gpsr was putting me about 30 feet up the road. I would like to think I would have eventually found it, but maybe not.

Anyway, luck to all of you that try it! Cache on!

Dan-oh, can I assume that this makes you Belinda - the Good Puzzler of the North? 

Can you at least tell us which one of your past creations this one is most similar too? 

Lets ask the triple FTF cachers, Cornerstone4, D-Jollymon and John&Jess what they thought.

I tend to think its '******' meets '********'. Never mind, I don't want to give any hints. And since the first three have found it sans hints, its doubtful I'll add any. 

I would have to say Dan-oh is the Wiz himself, but don't tell him, he might get a little big headed on us. :lol:

This one had a bit of everything in it, but it ran you around town a bit like "Bingo" did. I must admit, without D-Jollymon there, I most likely would have posted a DNF here and been begging for a hint. The WP before the final cache kicked my butt. His numbers were right on, my gpsr was putting me about 30 feet up the road. I would like to think I would have eventually found it, but maybe not.

When you guys were looking for the cache, you didn't happen to hear Jess say "we're not in Kansas anymore," did you?

Harmon, this is sounding more and more like a great Photoshop project for the Banter site! :P

Edited by TrailGators

I agree that the best place to be in Palm Springs this time of year is Indoors, but I understand the GPS reception is not as good! :lol:

I was in Palm Desert meeting with a client today, and on the way home I decided to nab a few of the Amazing Race caches around the College of the Desert. This was high noon. After finding 8 caches, and using my convertible to get around, I felt like the "Ugly" guy at the end of the The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

I decided to cut bait on the other caches I was going to go after and head back to North County. I'll take the Margarita by the pool in Carlsbad over the August desert!

I agree that the best place to be in Palm Springs this time of year is Indoors, but I understand the GPS reception is not as good!  :lol:

I was in Palm Desert meeting with a client today, and on the way home I decided to nab a few of the Amazing Race caches around the College of the Desert. This was high noon. After finding 8 caches, and using my convertible to get around, I felt like the "Ugly" guy at the end of the The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Edited by TrailGators

When you guys were looking for the cache, you didn't happen to hear Jess say "we're not in Kansas anymore," did you?

Harmon, this is sounding more and more like a great Photoshop project for the Banter site! :P

Yeah, so who will be taking the photos?

Hot off the approval desk:

Ding dong, the witch is dead! (GCPZPK)

d00506dc-9646-407c-9f55-f06c93c41fc6.jpg

All in good fun Jeff.  :lol:

This ia another Dan-oh classic.

I think the city of Escondido conspired with Dan-oh on this one.

We were just behind Cornerstone, J&J and D-Jollman.

Had to wait for our daughter to drop off Kyle (14 mos) so her and KD (3 yrs) could go to the water park in Vista.

We did need a life-line, but never the less we'll take 2ed TF. :P

Nick & Sharon

TeamGrnZoom

Let me be the first to congratulate Bitmap on the big 5-0-0!!

Way to go, Tony!!

(And yes, I know he hasn't logged it yet  :lol: )

Thanks much all...it's been a great 25 months caching so far and I'm looking forward to the next 500!

Tony, excellent job! I've seen a few of those.

D!

Since GoBolt is overseas: BRAVO ZULU!:P

Edited by Duncan!

Dan-Oh!!!

I've got to add my kudos to you!!! That one waypoint was a killer!!! I am still shakin' my head in disbelief. You da man! After doing hundreds of 1/1's in the Hanford/Visalia area it was nice to get back to the cruel reality of actual camo. Thanks for getting me back in form.

Dan-oh, can I assume that this makes you Belinda - the Good Puzzler of the North?  :P

I tend to think its '******' meets '********'. Never mind, I don't want to give any hints. And since the first three have found it sans hints, its doubtful I'll add any. icon_smile_evil.gif

Excellent work Dan-oh :lol::P !! You softened us up big time early on and then the punches just kept getting harder :lol::drama: We even re-learned our Dan-oh caching motto: make a short list of what you have looked at and dismissed a couple times, and go back and check the one on the top of the list :P You might want to reconsider the adding hints part (after all, we had Tenacious-D :drama: with us)!

Thanks for the fun!!!

J&J

Dan-Oh!!!

I've got to add my kudos to you!!! That one waypoint was a killer!!! I am still shakin' my head in disbelief. You da man! After doing hundreds of 1/1's in the Hanford/Visalia area it was nice to get back to the cruel reality of actual camo. Thanks for getting me back in form.

Dave, did you just do about 180 caches in the last 12 days? :P You da man! We'll have another kilo klub member soon... Congrats!

D!

Let me be the first to congratulate Bitmap on the big 5-0-0!!

Way to go, Tony!!

(And yes, I know he hasn't logged it yet  :D )

Thanks much all...it's been a great 25 months caching so far and I'm looking forward to the next 500!

Ditto all the prior congrats! How many of those were in collaboration with the good Dr. B? Seems IM has been your friend on a number of puzzles... :P

Well, whaddaya know? I always have my camera handy when I 'cache. A few weeks ago, I started a little blog, so I could share the experience with my friends and family. Then this happens.  :D

Wow! Awesome photos QDMan! Those would make anybody want to become a geocacher! :D I'll show them to my kids. Maybe this will be the promo that finally sells them?! :D Of course my boys will want to view the post below yours instead.... :P

Say is anybody thinking about doing Dan-oh's new cache today?! Let me know! This one sounds like a better one for a group effort! :D I'm debating between that one and Passing Wind's new Earthcache in Penasquitos Canyon....

Edited by TrailGators
Well, whaddaya know? I always have my camera handy when I 'cache. A few weeks ago, I started a little blog, so I could share the experience with my friends and family. Then this happens.  ;)

Wow! Awesome photos QDMan! Those would make anybody want to become a geocacher! :D I'll show them to my kids. Maybe this will be the promo that finally sells them?! :P Of course my boys will want to view the post below yours instead.... :D

Say is anybody thinking about doing Dan-oh's new cache today?! Let me know! This one sounds like a better one for a group effort! :D I'm debating between that one and Passing Wind's new Earthcache in Penasquitos Canyon....

Thanks! I'd come out to play, but I need to get hold of an electrician. :D

Well, whaddaya know? I always have my camera handy when I 'cache. A few weeks ago, I started a little blog, so I could share the experience with my friends and family. Then this happens.  :P

Wow! Awesome photos QDMan! Those would make anybody want to become a geocacher! :D I'll show them to my kids. Maybe this will be the promo that finally sells them?! ;) Of course my boys will want to view the post below yours instead.... :D

Thanks! I'd come out to play, but I need to get hold of an electrician. :D

We just had one of those recently. Half the circuits in our home would randomly shutoff. It took 3 different electricians to finally figure out and solve the problem. The good news is that our builder picked up the tab! Anyhow...some other day! Any other takers?

Well, whaddaya know? I always have my camera handy when I 'cache. A few weeks ago, I started a little blog, so I could share the experience with my friends and family. Then this happens.  :D

Congratulations QDman!! With my slow (24K) dialup connection, it is taking a long time for the pictures to load. I'll have to go down to the library just so I can review your entire blog.

I also started a blog a few months ago. It has been fun to have a place to put all the pictures captured during caching adventures. :P

Congratulations QDman!! With my slow (24K) dialup connection, it is taking a long time for the pictures to load. I'll have to go down to the library just so I can review your entire blog.

I also started a blog a few months ago. It has been fun to have a place to put all the pictures captured during caching adventures. :P

I really enjoyed checking out your pictures QDman and Idiosyncratic. Those are some great photos. I hope you guys are posting those to your cache logs also. I know that as a cache owner I really love when people post photos to their logs. RM

Edited by Rocket Man

Very nice blog! I love the stories. I wish I could write that well, but I'm forced to say it with pictures. :D

Well, whaddaya know? I always have my camera handy when I 'cache. A few weeks ago, I started a little blog, so I could share the experience with my friends and family. Then this happens. :D

Wow! You seem to have become the public face of Geocaching in San Diego. First you're on television and now this. Who's your PR agent?

Just wanted you folks to know that I dropped Snowden the white jeep off into Igpay the other day. Was going to wait to haul it up on some moutain top but decided to leave it where even wheel chairs would have a chance. The Cache seems to be in a very safe location thanks to Devhead. Good Luck :P

Congrats to all on their recent milestones! I seem to remember a couple with half a kilo and another with 200. Was there another one? This is getting to be such a regular event with all the active cachers around here that I can't keep up with them. Anyhow, I don't want to mention any names since I'd hate to leave one out! So congrats to all! :P

Congrats to all on their recent milestones! I seem to remember a couple with half a kilo and another with 200. Was there another one? This is getting to be such a regular event with all the active cachers around here that I can't keep up with them. Anyhow, I don't want to mention any names since I'd hate to leave one out! So congrats to all!  ;)

:P:huh:Count us in on all the congrats to everyone!! Congrats to those who are closing in on milestones too :P

Congrats also to Night Hunter on the thread milestones ;)

John&Jess

anyone remember who was making geocaching cards kinda like yrium's pals but they were of nature surrounding the cache placements?

Radical Geezer. I just saw one of his cards the other day for Cedar Creek Falls. Can't remember which cache it was...

D!

Found a post card of Radical Geezers titled" Great Caches of the Southwest" while caching in AZ last winter. There is a great photo on one side and the cache description page on the reverse.

P.S. Can someome tell me how to add a photo to a post?

Can someome tell me how to add a photo to a post?

1) Go to your profile page and hit "Edit profile"

2) Click on "change/edit" under "Your Photo"

3) Click on "upload a new image"

4) After image uploads click on the new image and copy the url when the image shows up by itself.

5) Select IMG from the forum menu and paste the url

Can someone tell me how to add a photo to a post?

4) After image uploads click on the new image and copy the url when the image shows up by itself.

O.K. I got to step two and I said, "Hey, I don't want to change my profile picure. I want to post a picture with a specific forum post." So will this do that? :P Also step 5 is Greek to me. I need more baby steps. :P

O.K. I got to step two and I said, "Hey, I don't want to change my profile picure. I want to post a picture with a specific forum post." So will this do that? :P Also step 5 is Greek to me. I need more baby steps. :P

Step 2 won't change your picture. It just gets you to the right screen. Whenever, you write a post there are a bunch of boxes with "http:/" and "IMG" above the box where you type. If you click on IMG and then enter the url of the photo and then hit enter, it will put the photo in the box where you type. The best advice is to try it. Use "Preview Post" to verify that you did it correctly.

Edited by TrailGators

Steps 1-3 just give you a place to store the picture so the forum has a place to pull it from. If the photo you want is already on the web, you can just copy the URL straight from there and skip steps 1-3.

Step 5 explained in baby steps.

When you have the cursor where you want the photo, click on the IMG button up there in the upper part of the reply screen. See the buttons B, I, U, FONT, SIZE, COLOR, http://, IMG, @, QUOTE, CODE, LIST. You won't see them now, but you will when you click post reply.

Click on the IMG one. Then paste the copied address from the photo URL into the box that pops up.

Does that help?

Can someome tell me how to add a photo to a post?

I'll throw a little curveball at you.

The photos don't need to be posted on the GC website; they can be on any website. I sometimes post from my free Yahoo account.

For example, right-click on these two happy fellows and you will see where they call home. beerchug.gif

Note: generally, you shouldn't link anything on another webpage unless you have permission to do so.

... and here's another oddity on the IMG thing. I've posted a lot of photos in my profile ala GatorDad's method, then put the pictures on here. However, once they're on this forum, I think the image file gets stored somewhere else as well. You can delete the one in your profile, and it should not delete from the forum.

P.S. I got a new GPSr... finally. It's a Magellan eXplorist 500. I haven't found a cache with it yet. Maybe Dan-oh's today?

Parsa