The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Applications for GPSBabel groupies are available at the counter...

Where will you be staying? It has been a while since our very-fun, marathon-adventures when DocDiTTo was here. I'm sure several people will be happy to guide you to the best of the best . . . :laughing:

We'll be in a house on the beach and not terribly far from GCG7JR, "The Green Flash". Thanx for the offer on the tour, but this really is a family vacation and not a power caching trip. While "best of the best" sounds like great fun, this trip will probably just be catching whatever we get while biking along the beach and anything that happens to be someplace we'd be stopping anyway. No puzzles, no multis, and low terrain stuff as the rest of my family is less mobile than myself and this is a family vacation.

Since my last two caching trips to CA each resulted in a trip to the E.R., they're keeping me on a short leash.

Be sure to bring some flashlights and take your family for a very fun night outing to do The Forbidden Forest! They will all love it! :laughing:

. . . Since my last two caching trips to CA each resulted in a trip to the E.R., they're keeping me on a short leash.

Oh . . .ouch . . . that's too bad.

I hope the sun comes out while you are staying down there. I used to live not too far from "The Green Flash" and the "June Gloom" would get to me every year . . . :laughing:

You could do "Count The Palms." Even though it is a Multi, it was lots of fun. It is on the other side of Mission Bay, not too far from "Mission Bay Stroll." :laughing:

. . . Since my last two caching trips to CA each resulted in a trip to the E.R., they're keeping me on a short leash.

Oh . . .ouch . . . that's too bad.

I hope the sun comes out while you are staying down there. I used to live not too far from "The Green Flash" and the "June Gloom" would get to me every year . . . :laughing:

You could do "Count The Palms." Even though it is a Multi, it was lots of fun. It is on the other side of Mission Bay, not too far from "Mission Bay Stroll." :laughing:

Honestly one of the coolest walks along the coast is in La Jolla at a cache called Coastal Hike! You should go at low tide so you can explorer the tide pools full of anemones and other sea life. This cache is also one of my favorites! :laughing:

Hi,

I just noticed that some one rated my bookmark list. I am shocked at what they wrote.

They think all of the “Dak Girl” caches are lame…and can be done in flip-flops! :laughing:

???????????????????????

Yeah . . . I just noticed that person put negative comments on a couple of my Bookmark lists also. Sheesh. The comments should have to be "signed." Why would someone do that? :laughing:

:laughing: I was just looking at Miragee's bookmarks....I looked at the lame rating...made a thumbs up ratting...it said there was one ratting???? I looked again at hers and mine and the "lame" ratings are gone. :laughing:

Aye, pardon tha newbie question but what be tha San Diego Geocachers? Be this a formal gatherin' o' ye treasure hunters?

If you live in San diego county you are a San Diego Geocacher :laughing:

If you Geocache in San Diego county you are a San Diego Geocacher :laughing:

If you have Geocache hides in San Diego County you are a San Diego Geocacher :laughing:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB Barbados Sam

SKILLET

Aye, pardon tha newbie question but what be tha San Diego Geocachers? Be this a formal gatherin' o' ye treasure hunters?

If you live in San diego county you are a San Diego Geocacher :laughing:

If you Geocache in San Diego county you are a San Diego Geocacher :laughing:

If you have Geocache hides in San Diego County you are a San Diego Geocacher :laughing:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB Barbados Sam

SKILLET

(sorry 'bout tha blank post.....tha ship hit a swell an me finger jumped too quick!)

HUZZAH! Tis good ta know I be a member o' sumpthin'!! Now I gots ta get tha cool pin!

Hi,

I just noticed that some one rated my bookmark list. I am shocked at what they wrote.

They think all of the "Dak Girl" caches are lame…and can be done in flip-flops! :rolleyes:

???????????????????????

Yeah . . . I just noticed that person put negative comments on a couple of my Bookmark lists also. Sheesh. The comments should have to be "signed." Why would someone do that? :laughing:

:laughing: I was just looking at Miragee's bookmarks....I looked at the lame rating...made a thumbs up ratting...it said there was one ratting???? I looked again at hers and mine and the "lame" ratings are gone. :laughing:

Hey the lame rating is gone from mine now too! Plus I just got two new thumbs up ratings! :laughing:

This is potentially off topic, but...

I am leaving in a couple of hours for San Diego and geocaching.com is down for maintenance. I have two travel bugs that I want to drop in S.D. Actually, I'll be in Coronado. I should have a pocket query with cache listings, but can anyone recommend a likely drop for travel bugs on Coronado???

Thank you! The site is still down, so I can't send this private. How long is the site usually down for maintenance? I'm pretty new and this is a first for me!

I don't have Twisted Access on my list. Do you by any chance have the coordinates? You can e-mail me at mybikebox@comcast.net

I don't know how many people read this stuff, but I think it is kind of cool. This is one of the projects I did/will be doing for Playtime, Inc...

Hey, it's the bigkid of PLAYTIME Inc. and geoteaming.

I wanted to let people know that we're working on a 50 cache course (newbie to expert caches) that has amazing prizes (there's a 3 day/2 night stay, dinners, cruises, serious prizes!) and most of all, it's FREE!

We were contracted by the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority and they wanted to create one of the largest geocaching contests during their celebration, so they agreed to make it FREE to allow anyone to participate.

Especially newbie friendly, we'll even have 150 GPS receivers on hand for FREE rental (have to let us imprint a credit card in case you decide you really like it) during the weekend, with personal instruction on how to use it.

There's paddleboat races, 5k runs, art walks, live bands, and even Kool and the Gang, go figure! It should be an awesome weekend of caching.

For more info, check out http://www.geoteaming.com/contests.html and/or the event page for "Opening Day at the Lake 2006". Hope to see you there, I'll be hanging out at Harrah's in Mission Control....

-bigkid

Thank you! The site is still down, so I can't send this private. How long is the site usually down for maintenance? I'm pretty new and this is a first for me!

I don't have Twisted Access on my list. Do you by any chance have the coordinates? You can e-mail me at mybikebox@comcast.net

:D Twisted access is temporarily dis-abled due to construction in the area. :ninja:

If you Geocache in San Diego county you are a San Diego Geocacher :ninja:

By this time next week, I suppose I'll be qualified.

I'm vacationing with the family in SD next week. This won't be one of my multi-hundred find caching pillages, but I expect I'll find a few near wherever I happen to be with the family.

Applications for GPSBabel groupies are available at the counter...

Where will you be staying? It has been a while since our very-fun, marathon-adventures when DocDiTTo was here. I'm sure several people will be happy to guide you to the best of the best . . . :D

Here is one Bookmark List and another for the World Famous Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches.

Speaking of "DocDiTTo" I will be caching, in Pennsyltucky, with him, tomorrow!

:D Twisted access is temporarily dis-abled due to construction in the area. :ninja:

Ooops, that leaves No Girlz Allowed as your only option, unless you're able to make it to the "mainland". :D

GoBolts!, say hi to Doc for me.

Edited by Chuy!

They think all of the "Dak Girl" caches are lame…and can be done in flip-flops! <_<

???????????????????????

Yeah . . . I just noticed that person put negative comments on a couple of my Bookmark lists also. Sheesh. The comments should have to be "signed." Why would someone do that? <_<

:laughing: I was just looking at Miragee's bookmarks....I looked at the lame rating...made a thumbs up ratting...it said there was one ratting???? I looked again at hers and mine and the "lame" ratings are gone. :rolleyes:
Hey the lame rating is gone from mine now too! Plus I just got two new thumbs up ratings! <_<

Yeah, there was someone that went around on or about April 7th dissing lots of the local lists with lame-o comments. Not sure why they did that. They clearly hadn't actually done the caches.. <_<:anicute: On the lists that I'd noticed, I wrote thumbs-up comments to try and balance things out a little. :ph34r: (Alas, I couldn't do this for my own lists...it's kind of annoying since there's no way to rebut the comments that show up.)

Interesting that the lame comments disappeared from some of the lists...(but alas, not my lists...oh, well. I'm not losing any sleep over it...)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

They think all of the "Dak Girl" caches are lame…and can be done in flip-flops! :)

???????????????????????

Yeah . . . I just noticed that person put negative comments on a couple of my Bookmark lists also. Sheesh. The comments should have to be "signed." Why would someone do that? :D

:) I was just looking at Miragee's bookmarks....I looked at the lame rating...made a thumbs up ratting...it said there was one ratting???? I looked again at hers and mine and the "lame" ratings are gone. :D
Hey the lame rating is gone from mine now too! Plus I just got two new thumbs up ratings! :D

Yeah, there was someone that went around on or about April 7th dissing lots of the local lists with lame-o comments. Not sure why they did that. They clearly hadn't actually done the caches.. :D:P On the lists that I'd noticed, I wrote thumbs-up comments to try and balance things out a little. :D (Alas, I couldn't do this for my own lists...it's kind of annoying since there's no way to rebut the comments that show up.)

Interesting that the lame comments disappeared from some of the lists...(but alas, not my lists...oh, well. I'm not losing any sleep over it...)

The mystery jerk came back today. For some reason he posted another negative comment on my list. This time he wrote: "It's all over the place." I guess it's not OK to like a variety of caches. If that's what he thinks he must be pretty dull as well as being insecure. :D

They think all of the "Dak Girl" caches are lame…and can be done in flip-flops! :D

???????????????????????

Yeah . . . I just noticed that person put negative comments on a couple of my Bookmark lists also. Sheesh. The comments should have to be "signed." Why would someone do that? :)

:) I was just looking at Miragee's bookmarks....I looked at the lame rating...made a thumbs up ratting...it said there was one ratting???? I looked again at hers and mine and the "lame" ratings are gone. :D
Hey the lame rating is gone from mine now too! Plus I just got two new thumbs up ratings! :D

Yeah, there was someone that went around on or about April 7th dissing lots of the local lists with lame-o comments. Not sure why they did that. They clearly hadn't actually done the caches.. :D:P On the lists that I'd noticed, I wrote thumbs-up comments to try and balance things out a little. :D (Alas, I couldn't do this for my own lists...it's kind of annoying since there's no way to rebut the comments that show up.)

The mystery jerk came back today. For some reason he posted another negative comment on my list. This time he wrote: "It's all over the place." I guess it's not OK to like a variety of caches. If that's what he thinks he must be pretty dull as well as being insecure. :D

Do you get notification when someone rates your lists? I'm afraid to check mine now... :D

They think all of the "Dak Girl" caches are lame…and can be done in flip-flops! :)

???????????????????????

Yeah . . . I just noticed that person put negative comments on a couple of my Bookmark lists also. Sheesh. The comments should have to be "signed." Why would someone do that? :D

Yeah, there was someone that went around on or about April 7th dissing lots of the local lists with lame-o comments. Not sure why they did that. They clearly hadn't actually done the caches.. :P:D On the lists that I'd noticed, I wrote thumbs-up comments to try and balance things out a little. :D (Alas, I couldn't do this for my own lists...it's kind of annoying since there's no way to rebut the comments that show up.)

Do you get notification when someone rates your lists? I'm afraid to check mine now... :D

No, I don't think we get any notifications. The only reason I knew is because Gobolts! posted a note on this thread about it. I really don't care; I'm just curious. By the way here's your feedback Tom: "Just a list; now caption um for us...like hello!, why are your Favs?" Now who do we know that writes like that.....

Edit: I just checked and the mystery jerk has again deleted his negative log from my list. Ha ha ha...he's playing with us now...... :D

Edited by TrailGators

People are clueless on setting up security on their wireless networks. I have been in LA (not Louisiana) since Thursday and have been using my laptop on the Internet at my mother-in-laws house with no problem thanks to the wireless network at one of the neighbors houses. :lol: Nothing like free Internet access!

People are clueless on setting up security on their wireless networks. I have been in LA (not Louisiana) since Thursday and have been using my laptop on the Internet at my mother-in-laws house with no problem thanks to the wireless network at one of the neighbors houses. :( Nothing like free Internet access!

It's not just Lala land some of my neighbors are the same way. I guess some people don't care if people hack into their computer. It's very easy to setup MAC ID blocking.

You must have missed the "wink" smilie at the end of my comment . . .

By the way, if you ever are out there on Colorado 17 not too far from Great Sand Dunes National Monument, you really do need to stop at the Mirage Trading Co. -- not just for the free WiFi, but for all the cool artwork they had in the store. :(

You must have missed the "wink" smilie at the end of my comment . . .

DUH! Yep I missed that.

By the way, if you ever are out there on Colorado 17 not too far from Great Sand Dunes National Monument, you really do need to stop at the Mirage Trading Co. -- not just for the free WiFi, but for all the cool artwork they had in the store. :(

I checked that out and it looks pretty cool. We are heading back the northern route, otherwise I might have to make a detour. RM

Edited by RocketMan

The scenery I saw going the southern route, on my way back here, down 285 from Morrison and finally all the way across from near Salida to Ridgway and Paradox was astonishing to me . . .and I grew up in Colorado . . . :)

I just put my Tracks and waypoints on my Mapsource maps to relive the trip and saw how many caches I missed. :( I've got to get back there again.

Edited by Miragee
The scenery I saw going the southern route, on my way back here, down 285 from Morrison and finally all the way across from near Salida to Ridgway and Paradox was astonishing to me . . .and I grew up in Colorado . . . :(

Just in case anyone wants to know what kind of scenery they are missing...

20d5211e-bba9-4cbe-8e49-53e0510e7285.jpg

This was taken from the summit of Mt. Sneffels (south of Ridgeway). Sorry, RocketMan, but you'll have to leave the Rubicon down in the basin...

The scenery I saw going the southern route, on my way back here, down 285 from Morrison and finally all the way across from near Salida to Ridgway and Paradox was astonishing to me . . .and I grew up in Colorado . . . :(

This was taken from the summit of Mt. Sneffels (south of Ridgeway). Sorry, RocketMan, but you'll have to leave the Rubicon down in the basin...

WOW - Love that shot! :)

Hey all!

Take a look at this post:

http://tinyurl.com/c3uaw

regarding an event coming up here in San Diego

If you're interested and would like to participate (it WILL be fun!) write me at:

podcacher@gmail.com

I'll get you hooked up and you could win a moun10bike geocoin!

Also a great chance to teach Teachers all about geocaching!

Lemme know ...

Sonny

Ahem . . . sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to share another picture of that part of Colorado. :drama:

The scenery I saw going the southern route, on my way back here, down 285 from Morrison and finally all the way across from near Salida to Ridgway and Paradox was astonishing to me . . .and I grew up in Colorado . . . :ninja:

A view from the highway:

6082b84c-3798-444b-a837-2ce2fb73c362.jpg

LLOT, your picture is absolutely incredible. :ninja:

I'd love to get the FTF on this one!!! WoW!!

PW

I would just love to sign the logbook

Hey, Sean. Long time, no see! Howya doin'?

Ditto~~~where have you been? We haven't had anybody to harass lately!!!

Splashette

Well, everything is good. Just been crazy busy as these kids get older. I actually found a couple of caches last week too. First in like 60 days I think. Maybe I will get some more, but I don't see things ever going back to the way they were....

Well, not never... they will all eventually grow up and move out....

I know I hadn't been on the Forums forever when it said the last forum post I read was in Nov '05.

Sean

I know I hadn't been on the Forums forever when it said the last forum post I read was in Nov '05.

Sean

Hmm . . . and you "just happened" to read the forums again when this picture shows up?

Sounds suspect . . . :drama::ninja:

BTW, thanks for the extra flashlight on Indiana Ed's.

hehehehe lucky me eh? What? Do you think I was Image Googling "Angelina Jolie" and happened to notice an image hosted by Groundspeak and so I came over to check it out and that image just happened to be on MY San Diego Thread?? I mean really, What are the odds?

No Problem about the light, nice to have met you. I probally won't be meeting anybody else out there unless they become true Night Hunters and come around 2 AM.... And I don't suggest that at all. Very scary out there at 2 AM!

Sean

Sean

Hmm . . . and you "just happened" to read the forums again when this picture shows up?

Sounds suspect . . . :drama::ninja:

BTW, thanks for the extra flashlight on Indiana Ed's.

hehehehe lucky me eh? What? Do you think I was Image Googling "Angelina Jolie" and happened to notice an image hosted by Groundspeak and so I came over to check it out and that image just happened to be on MY San Diego Thread?? I mean really, What are the odds?

No Problem about the light, nice to have met you. I probally won't be meeting anybody else out there unless they become true Night Hunters and come around 2 AM.... And I don't suggest that at all. Very scary out there at 2 AM!

Sean

Snakes are nocturnal, and like night caching, but you're right. I'm not sure I'd want to hit that one at night--not with the interesting "clients" you have transiting the area after dark.

We need to make another trip down there for the rest of your SR series that we missed, but I think it will be a "day" trip.

If we don't run into you there, then maybe an event cache in the future. Well, excuse me. I have to go Google up some more pictures, er, I mean . . .

I'm not sure if any of you have been following this thread over in the main forums or not.

Raine at Groundspeak is finishing up testing on a new way to plot caches along a route. Basically, you can use Google Earth to plot a to and from route of your travels. Save that as a kml file, upload the kml file to the geocaching site, and it will give you a query along your route. They are going to keep other parts of the query functions active for this as well so you can specify distance off your route, and cache types and ratings as well.

That will be tons easier than the way I have been doing that!

Edited by Cornerstone4