The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Also congrats to Team Reid and SD Rowdies on 500!

Congrats to TR and Chuy on 1500!

Parsa

Dang it, you noticed.

I take no credit for five-hundred finds because once I was assimilated by the Geobabes it was completely out of my hands.

On the other hand I did enter many of the waypoints into my GPS while riding ol' Happy the Sandy Creek horse. ... backwards.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Dang it, you noticed.

I take no credit for five-hundred finds because once I was assimilated by the Geobabes it was completely out of my hands.

<snip>

Resistance is futile?

Now there's some PhotoShop fodder...Harmon-Borg!

Edited by Dan-oh

Dang it, you noticed.

<snip>

Resistance is futile?

Now there's some PhotoShop fodder...Harmon-Borg!

Harmon the Borg huh?

Makes me recall watching the doctor shove a piece of bailing wire from my groin up into my hearteries and pop open three of those tiny little stent thingies.

Now there was the essence of resistance being futile. Fact is that I was relaxed and entertained by it all.

Only thing that could have made it better was some George Jones country music in the operating room; you know, "I don't Need Your Rockin' Chair," or "Hi-Tech Redneck."

No wait, "Window Up Above." That's a song that'll brang tears t' y'r eyes an' sadness t' y'r poor ol' achin' heart. ... and I do mean "achin' heart."

A redneck moment brought to you by Harmon of SD Rowdies :ph34r:

Edited by SD Rowdies

Parsa

Dang it, you noticed.

On the other hand I did enter many of the waypoints into my GPS while riding ol' Happy the Sandy Creek horse. ... backwards.

Congrats Team Reid and SD Rowdies.

Harmon, are the geobabes ($kimmer and Splashette) draging you out caching, or is it the other way around? Good seeing your logs again.

Do we need to start a "San Diego Congrats to Numbers Thread" ?  :)  :ph34r:

CONGRATS!

hehehe. Maybe....

:lol: Congrats to jahoadi for 268... :)

:( Actually I was looking for somebody to congratulate and found out that smilinglady13 hit 100 yesterday.... so a for real congrats for that one.

:D And to Harmon and the SD Rowdy gang too.

Do we need to start a "San Diego Congrats to Numbers Thread" ? :ph34r::lol:

CONGRATS!

Just don't do what goes on in the Northeast! Just look at anything in the Northeast thread. It seems that everybody gets their own thread for their respective milestone. Just clutters up the page IMHO.

BTW, what is considered appropriate milestones? 100? 200? 250? 500? every hundred thereafter?

--TT--

Parsa

Dang it, you noticed.

Congrats Team Reid and SD Rowdies.

Harmon, are the geobabes ($kimmer and Splashette) draging you out caching, or is it the other way around? Good seeing your logs again.

Chuy,

Just read my old "Assimilation" piece over on the SD Banter thread. Then you'll know who's draggin' who.

I love it,

Harmon

Okay, how weird is this! I found the old Torrey Pines Extension cache today, bone dry in perfect shape. Now, I challenge you to find the archived page for this cache. You might have trouble finding it. The cache was abandoned by it's owner after Flagman found it in March of 2004. Why, who knows? I added a new log book to the cache, took new coordinates and re-hid in the same place. 'there was even a TB in there! Cache doesn't have any great swag, but it is neat to see the old logs (Tuna was FTF). Duncan and the lost cache, indeed!

D!

Okay, how weird is this!  I found the old Torrey Pines Extension cache today, bone dry in perfect shape.  Now, I challenge you to find the archived page for this cache.  You might have trouble finding it.  The cache was abandoned by it's owner after Flagman found it in March of 2004.  Why, who knows? 

This one?

xxxxxxxxx

I think it was archived along with the other Torrey Pines caches because the Rangers didn't want them there AT ALL - not even the name of the park was left on the web site when they were archived (notice that the coordinates have been zeroed out as well).

Anyone want to congratulate me on 600? . . . :lol:

With Princess Toadstool's help, and a couple of trips to Santee, I got the last 100 in only two weeks time . . . :ph34r:

Take a bow girl Y' done good.

Just finished doing a couple of caches today by you and Toad. Hundred-and two degrees it was.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Okay, how weird is this!  I found the old Torrey Pines Extension cache today, bone dry in perfect shape.  Now, I challenge you to find the archived page for this cache.  You might have trouble finding it.  The cache was abandoned by it's owner after Flagman found it in March of 2004.  Why, who knows? 

This one?

xxxxxxxxx

I think it was archived along with the other Torrey Pines caches because the Rangers didn't want them there AT ALL - not even the name of the park was left on the web site when they were archived (notice that the coordinates have been zeroed out as well).

Freaky!

Anyone want to congratulate me on 600? . . . :)

With Princess Toadstool's help, and a couple of trips to Santee, I got the last 100 in only two weeks time . . . :lol:

Congrats Miragee!

This is for the next five people that cross a milestone:

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!

That should last for about 3 days! :ph34r::(

Edited by TrailGators
Okay, how weird is this!  I found the old (xxxxxxxxxx) cache today, bone dry in perfect shape.  Now, I challenge you to find the archived page for this cache.  You might have trouble finding it.  The cache was abandoned by it's owner after Flagman found it in March of 2004.  Why, who knows? 

This one?

xxxxxxxxx

Hmmm, well, I guess we'll see what happens...

D!

Edited by Duncan!
Okay, how weird is this!  I found the old XXXXXXXXXX cache today, bone dry in perfect shape.  Now, I challenge you to find the archived page for this cache.  You might have trouble finding it.  The cache was abandoned by it's owner after Flagman found it in March of 2004.  Why, who knows? 

This one?

xxxxxxxxx

I think it was archived along with the other XXXXXXX caches because the Rangers didn't want them there AT ALL - not even the name of the park was left on the web site when they were archived (notice that the coordinates have been zeroed out as well).

Hmmm, well, I guess we'll see what happens...

D!

Well, as long as we don't mention the The Park With No Name by name (oops, too late!) or provide the coordinates, I don't see how there could be a problem.. (assuming they haven't "bookmarked" it :ph34r: )

Edited by ahimsa
Do we need to start a "San Diego Congrats to Numbers Thread" ?  :lol:  :ph34r:

CONGRATS!

Just don't do what goes on in the Northeast! Just look at anything in the Northeast thread. It seems that everybody gets their own thread for their respective milestone. Just clutters up the page IMHO.

BTW, what is considered appropriate milestones? 100? 200? 250? 500? every hundred thereafter?

--TT--

The United Kingdom forum has a sticky thread for congratulations, which has made it to 9 pages since last December. I'm sure if we started one here, it'd be past that in a few short months....but I'm all for it. I can't keep up with congratulating people for their milestones, let alone keep up with achieving them myself!

Do we need to start a "San Diego Congrats to Numbers Thread" ?  :lol:  :ph34r:

CONGRATS!

--TT--

The United Kingdom forum has a sticky thread for congratulations, which has made it to 9 pages since last December. I'm sure if we started one here, it'd be past that in a few short months....but I'm all for it. I can't keep up with congratulating people for their milestones, let alone keep up with achieving them myself!

I like that idea too!

A Forum I used to participate in also had a "Milestones" thread. That is a good idea, but I like pqcachers idea better.

Oh . . . and Congrats to smilinglady13. I remember my number 100. It was a really fun cache.

AlsCache1.jpg

It sure looks like my cache that got away. I'm sure the distance (s)he traveled is pretty big!

I came across the helpfull book mark of I-75 caches. Has anyone thought of pulling some lists/bookmarks together for recommended caches along I-15, I-8, or the 395?

Boy I have! That list would have been great when I traveled up 395 this summer! I managed to find some cool caches along the way by getting some advice from the local group but I'm sure I missed a few good ones.

This one?

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for finding this again. It is a wonderful area and I remember the walk and cache well! (I found it july 6 2003)

shame about the rangers.

ttfn jane