:unsure:  A bunch of milestones were set at the CITO event... :unsure:

:laughing:  :)  :)  :D  :rolleyes:  :anicute:

ZATYKO                        600

DR. BOGGIS                  400

JOHN & JESS                  400

TIGGER'S MANGO  :D 200 :D

BRAVO ZULU!

:huh:  :D  :D  :D  :huh:  :blink:  :unsure:

WooooHooooo! Congrats y'all! I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to the CITO event. Friday was our first night in the new house, and we were still hauling loads over from the rental well into the afternoon on Saturday. I've been quite busy with getting the wiring all figured out for tv's, computers, etc. and we have a gazillion boxes to unpack. BUT WE ARE FINALLY BACK!! And its only been 21-months! I think Max was the most excited of all of us. He had been moping around all week wondering what all the packing was about -- I think he was afraid of being left behind -- but when we brought him over to the new place, I think he almost did a cartwheel! One very happy pup! It's now Sunday morning, and I'm going to try and sneak away for a few for the first time since running research duties for the LXG. See y'all out there!

It's good to hear that you are back in your house Tom! It's a little ironic that we were all out in the area where that fire started while you were moving back into your house.

Congrats to everyone on reaching those milestones! :D

Pub Quiz 3

Pub Quiz tomorow (31 July 2005)...same place same time.

In case the above link has not been approved the info is as follows...

Come out and wish Tigger's Mango and GoBolt...bon voyage!...and get lit in the process. Pub Quiz at the Shakespeare Pub & Grille, 3701 India Street, San Diego 92103.

The Shakespeare holds a general knowledge pub quiz on the last Sunday of each month, and it's a very popular event. Usually there are no seats/tables left by the time the quiz starts at 7pm, so we should try to be there by 6pm. Parking can be tricky, so carpooling is advised if possible. There's probably not going to be lots of room for us, so be prepared to stand/perch/levitate! Hopefully we'll have a nice big turnout so we can pit a few teams against each other, as well as the rest of the pub. If not, we'll just have some beers and enjoy ourselves!

Sorry event caches must be posted 2 weeks prior to the event.

So you can not log this one...but you can still come out and have fun.

John, Jess, Toby, Sumrall and myself will be there!

The cords are N 32° 44.558 W 117° 10.824

I was thinking about driving down, but I'll be coming into San Diego tomorrow, and Wednesday, with my kayak.

Monday night Suzanne Vega and Marc Cohn are playing at Humphrey's By the Bay and Wednesday night B.B. King is playing.

Of course, I'll try to find Whale Poop Isle as long as I have the kayak in town.

Anyone want to join me in the "cheap seats" on the water at Humphrey's Monday or Wednesday night, or on the search for "Whale Poop Isle" Wednesday afternoon? ;)

Oh . . . happy travels you two. Did I ever mention how envious I am of all the places you have been able to cache? I hope you have a wonderful time! :rolleyes:

I was thinking about driving down, but I'll be coming into San Diego tomorrow, and Wednesday, with my kayak.

Of course, I'll try to find Whale Poop Isle as long as I have the kayak in town.

Anyone want to join me in the "cheap seats" on the water at Humphrey's Monday or Wednesday night, or on the search for "Whale Poop Isle" Wednesday afternoon? ;)

Oh . . . happy travels you two. Did I ever mention how envious I am of all the places you have been able to cache? I hope you have a wonderful time! :rolleyes:

I'd be happy to accompany you to Gateway to the Submerged Forest. I may be able to accompany you to the poopey island if no one takes you up on the offer. Is your kayak a single or doulble occupancy?

Just "single occupancy." It is a Necky Looksha Sport.

I don't know if I can do the Submerged Forest cache. It depends on how flat the surf is.

I dumped the boat there one time a few years ago when the waves were more than 3' high . . . I know, unusual for La Jolla shores . . . and I don't want to repeat that experience . . . although it certainly was exciting. :rolleyes:

Hey all! Just wanted to inform everyone that there is a map & compass reading class at MTRP on August 20th. It's through Wilderness Outings and it's $105 (possible discount with REI or Adventure 16 membership). If you are interested, check out wildernessoutings.com or (877) 4wildout. Looks like I will be the only one attending from Team Reid, the boys are going to Montana with their parents. Hope to see some fellow geocachers there!

Robyn :rolleyes:

Hey all! Just wanted to inform everyone that there is a map & compass reading class at MTRP on August 20th. It's through Wilderness Outings and it's $105 (possible discount with REI or Adventure 16 membership). If you are interested, check out wildernessoutings.com or (877) 4wildout. Looks like I will be the only one attending from Team Reid, the boys are going to Montana with their parents. Hope to see some fellow geocachers there!

I took a similar class through A16 when they actually conducted classes. Now its all outside vendors but they still have good offerings.

The map & compass class is very worthwhile for navigating and gleaning the loads of info from topo maps. You'll find that they like GPSr units as the back up to a compass.

As if! ;)

Hey Now!  For those who care...  Changing user name to Duncan!  .  Long story, very boring... 

D!

Aw, c'mon, we've got time. No new TT puzzles to solve.......

Well, since you asked...

Being called "douche-we" was kinda the last straw. Besides, easier just having my name as my username. I guess it's not a long story, but it is boring.

I do like the Hey Now idea. That's from Jeffery Tambor's character on the Larry Sanders show.

D!

Edited by Duncan!
Hey Now!  For those who care...  Changing user name to Duncan!  .  Long story, very boring...

D!

Aw, c'mon, we've got time. No new TT puzzles to solve.......

Well, since you asked...

Being called "douche-we" was kinda the last straw. Besides, easier just having my name as my username. I guess it's not a long story, but it is boring.

D!

:rolleyes:;)

Thanks for the bedtime chuckle!

Hey all!  Just wanted to inform everyone that there is a map & compass reading class at MTRP on August 20th.  It's through Wilderness Outings and it's $105 (possible discount with REI or Adventure 16 membership).  If you are interested, check out wildernessoutings.com or (877) 4wildout.  Looks like I will be the only one attending from Team Reid, the boys are going to Montana with their parents.  Hope to see some fellow geocachers there!

I went to the website and had a nice chuckle at this part:

Included: one full 8-hour day of instruction; extensive printed materials (printed from your computer); a map; use of compasses and navigational tools. [emphasis added]

I wonder if I have to make my own compass out of a needle and a magnet? ;)

On the other forum, they mentioned this item which I thought would be good for the tent campers for the up-coming camp-out.  :rolleyes:  ;)

Whenever that happens I want everybody to chip in and buy an Uncle Bugger's Bumper Dumper for th' windy one. http://www.bumperdumper.com/

be2f4ee7-3dd2-4b68-a67c-cfa1a32a689c.jpg

While browsing the Web a few years back I chanced upon Uncle Bugger's Bumper Dumper, and then mentioned my find to Stu of SD Rowdies. He was pretty excited about the bumper dumper and I could tell by the gleam in his eye that he truly wished to own one.

Long after the discovery Stu found just the right occasion to fulfill his dream of bumper-dumper ownership. The event was a weekend of exploring, Geocaching, and dancing for a group of thirty friends that was centered around Robson's Mining World near Wickenburg, Arizona.

As you can see from the photo Stu fabricated his very own version of the bumper dumper and set off along Arizona highways hoping to show one and all what a fine and useful addition he had made to the Rowdy Van.

What you can learn from this is that old people have fun too, and that often we are trend setters. We are ever-so proud of our pal Stu.

NOTE: Careful observers may note the bungee cord for use when the van is in motion and a rider simply can't wait for a convenient highway pull-out. Properly strapped in we haven't lost a dumpee as yet. Still, we do loose a lot of T.P. that way.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Pub Quiz 3

Pub Quiz tomorow (31 July 2005)...same place same time.

In case the above link has not been approved the info is as follows...

Come out and wish Tigger's Mango and GoBolt...bon voyage!...and get lit in the process. Pub Quiz at the Shakespeare Pub & Grille, 3701 India Street, San Diego 92103.

The Shakespeare holds a general knowledge pub quiz on the last Sunday of each month, and it's a very popular event. Usually there are no seats/tables left by the time the quiz starts at 7pm, so we should try to be there by 6pm. Parking can be tricky, so carpooling is advised if possible. There's probably not going to be lots of room for us, so be prepared to stand/perch/levitate! Hopefully we'll have a nice big turnout so we can pit a few teams against each other, as well as the rest of the pub. If not, we'll just have some beers and enjoy ourselves!

Sorry event caches must be posted 2 weeks prior to the event.

So you can not log this one...but you can still come out and have fun.

John, Jess, Toby, Sumrall and myself will be there!

The cords are N 32° 44.558 W 117° 10.824

Monday night Suzanne Vega and Marc Cohn are playing at Humphrey's By the Bay and Wednesday night B.B. King is playing.

Anyone want to join me in the "cheap seats" on the water at Humphrey's Monday or Wednesday night, or on the search for "Whale Poop Isle" Wednesday afternoon? :anibad:

We would love to join you.

Dan-oh......Remember... Don not taunt Happy Fun Ball. I can still place puzzles remotely. I have my minions still out there. :rolleyes:B)

Duncan, I can sympathise. I shall hereby be known as the cacher formerly known as TucsonThompsen. Please call me by my new name:

Princeglyph.png

--TT--

How long will it be until you go back to TucsonThompsen? :anibad:

D!

Dan-oh......Remember... Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.  I can still place puzzles remotely.  I have my minions still out there.    :rolleyes:  B)

Oh, I see how this game is played now. Well, I have a cache with your name on it that I've been working on.

No, really with your name on it.

Years ago my brother had a going away party for a friend....after he left town. All in good humor but I see some similarities. :anibad:

Thanks again to all those who attended the Cedar Creek Falls CITO Event out in Ramona this weekend. An article just came out in the Ramona Home Journal about geocaching and it features some local cachers, Toby's Gang. Yrium's Cards even got a little plug, my son is pictured holding a TMS #13 Parsa. You can see the article here Geocaching Story, it's a jpg in not so good quality. I have a pdf file I can e-mail you if you want to request it, otherwise the August edition should be coming online at the Ramona Home Journal website.

Thanks again to all those who attended the Cedar Creek Falls CITO Event out in Ramona this weekend. An article just came out in the Ramona Home Journal about geocaching and it features some local cachers, Toby's Gang. Yrium's Cards even got a little plug, my son is pictured holding a TMS #13 Parsa. You can see the article here Geocaching Story, it's a jpg in not so good quality. I have a pdf file I can e-mail you if you want to request it, otherwise the August edition should be coming online at the Ramona Home Journal website.

Can you email me the pdf? wizcreations@gmail.com

I tried reading it on my computer, and I got to the bottom of the 3rd column, but it's too blurry to ready from there. Thanks.

OK QDman, I voted for your pic. Since mine is in a different category, could I get a little quid pro quo? (Or however you spell that!)   Here is my entry.  (Of course I would appreciate any other votes I could get!)

I had already voted for myself ('cause I'm like that), but since you asked, I went back and changed my vote ('cause I'm like that, too). :rolleyes:

Actually, it IS the same category. Can't vote for both of you. 

I was under the impression that since there are three separate categories to enter, you can vote for one in each category. I could be wrong though. Since QDman is in the "Landmark" category, and I am in the "American Flag" category, I had hoped you could vote for both. Now, TM on the other hand is in the same cateogory I am in, so you can forget that post! :lol:

Where is a good place to launch to get to the cheap seats at Humphrey's? Can you see anything or just hear?

Whale poop is a fun one, already did it tho.... I think it good use a new container if you heading out that way.... it's pretty damp...

Sorry I 'm late in replying . . . I didn't turn on the computer yesterday.

The put in place is at the end of Besmer Street off Rosecrans on Point Loma. I think I have the coordinates somewhere . . . :unsure: There is parking along the residential streets in the area.

You can hear the music very well, and depending on the tide, and how many people are standing up at Humphrey's, you can see very well . . . like last night. The performers were great. Jesse Winchester, Suzanne Vega, and Mark Cohn . . . a singer/songwriter night. The "cheap seats" are on the left in this picture.

concertvenue.jpg

Tomorrow night the B.B. King concert starts at 6:30. It will be very crowded, and very fun. I'll be at the put in place around 6:00 p.m. Look for a silver Toyota Matrix.

Check the schedule. There are some other great performers. Maybe we could turn one of them, like the Dave Koz concert, into an "Event Cache." A $50.00 Costco inflatable works just as well as a kayak. I've even seen people there on a big truck innertube . . . <_< Now that was an interesting night . . . :lol:

Coming soon to a location near you.....

GEO-Rocktober Fest

Sponsored by the Dillon Gang and Bob & The Three Bears....and a few other geocachers who don't know they have been...uh...or will be included in the planning of it.

keep open the second weekend 8/9 in october for us....

keep open the last 10 29/30 weekend for the Splash convention in Truckhaven.

something on Oct 1????

gonna be a busy event month.

Edited by The Dillon Gang