Sign in to follow this  
Followers 11
15Tango

Charter Members

That is Jeremy. #1 was a test account that no longer exists in the database, and #2 is Jeremy's admin account.

Cool, thanks for the info. I found it interesting (and kinda proud) that I'm in an elite group of 400 or so Charter Members. I woulda never guessed the number would have been that small. I remember thinking way back then that as much fun as this game provided I would always (hopefully be able to) donate that small sum to keep it going for as long as I could, whether active or not. So far so good...

On 3/2/2016 at 12:15 PM, Moun10Bike said:

There are currently 448 charter members (I've eliminated the ones that are not "legit" charter members, such as test accounts at Geocaching HQ). 409 of these have cache hides attached to their account, and 366 have active hides (27,253 total).

I've updated my list of charter member hides.

Any updates to this information?

Going through the list of caches, I noticed we have 9 active 3 digit cache hides still active and thought that was kinda cool.

23 hours ago, Logscaler and Red said:

Any updates to this information?

Going through the list of caches, I noticed we have 9 active 3 digit cache hides still active and thought that was kinda cool.

There have been some losses. We are now down to 430 legitimate Charter Members. Of these, 390 have associated hides, and 340 have active hides (12,451 total).

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

There have been some losses. We are now down to 430 legitimate Charter Members. Of these, 390 have associated hides, and 340 have active hides (12,451 total).

Is there a public list of the active hides? I'm working on a challenge to find 50 charter member caches and a few short. https://coord.info/GC55XP0 Got to love grandfathered challenges!

I'll update my bookmark list to reflect the changes.  It's only a single selected cache per Charter Member, but hopefully it fulfills the purpose

• Upvote 1

I just finished updating the bookmark list - it was a semi-painful process, but I believe it matches up with Moun10Bike's spreadsheet now:

https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM2DVKX?sort=name&sortOrder=asc&skip=0&take=500

There were quite a number of changes, mostly subtractions as noted, but several additions as well.

I left off Geocaching HQ and for some reason could not add CherokeeThree (I think it's due to their having only 3 archived event caches to choose from?)

I checked a couple of the Project-GC checkers and they appear to be in need of an update now as well as fizzymagic's GSAK macros.

I'm not sure how to get the ball rolling on those...

I found these spreadsheets and lists very handy.  I often wondered how many charter members there are.  Thanks

9 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

@Goldenwattle

Tag was dropped byMoun10bike- read this log

https://coord.info/GLPT38JK

I would absolutely assume it was dropped as a gift for whoever picked it  up - which turns out to be you.

Thanks. Now I remember that place. I found it from above in a bit of dangerous place (I could have slipped and fallen two or three metres onto concrete), in a not, as marked, 1.5T place. Coordinates likely 15 metres out too. I see the cache is now archived. How did you manage to find this log?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

Yep, that was one of my version 2 Lackey tags!

Thank you. It was a nice surprise. I hadn't heard of lackey tags then. The tag has now travelled to several countries. It's in the UK now.

Edited by Goldenwattle

On 1/21/2014 at 10:08 PM, Keystone said:

There has never been a "lifetime" membership option, or any other membership period longer than one year.

The requirements for Charter Membership were to have become a premium member during the first year when premium memberships were offered (spring 2002 to spring 2003) and then keep that premium status current.

Thank you for this. I always wondered what the parameters were to be a Charter Member. I thought maybe it was limited to the first 100 or 1000 or whatever. I started geocaching in Nov 2002 but never knew about Charter or Premium Membership.