Is there really a cache on the moon?

kime1809

I don't know where I heard that, but wondered if it was true... I can't find anything on geocaching.com besides Earth hides with "moon" in the title and when I searched for "moon" here, I got some sort of error page.

Does anyone know the truth? And how do I look at the record?

I don't know where I heard that, but wondered if it was true... I can't find anything on geocaching.com besides Earth hides with "moon" in the title and when I searched for "moon" here, I got some sort of error page.

lunacaching.com

(disclaimer: I am not responsible if that's a real website)

maybe this?...its the only cache in space

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cc-a6038ae288d5

That's pretty awesome.

Let's see, the last person on the moon was Eugene "Geno" Cernan who set foot on it on December 11, 1972. Geocaching is 10 years old.

Edited by entogeek

Good thing he gives away the location. I don't think my GPSr would work very well. I would have to upgrade to a SSPSr (Solar System Positioning System).

Thank you. I think this is probably what they might have been referring to. I was skeptical about there being one on the moon. :surprise:

Moon hides are boring. They're either under a pile of rocks, or is a fake rock.

Good point.

At least the log might stay dry, ya think?

You could save the scientists a lot of research trying to find out if there is water on the moon... Hide a film can cache on the moon and you'll get a "Logbook is wet" Needs Maintenance note pretty shortly!

Let's see, the last person on the moon was Eugene "Geno" Cernan who set foot on it on December 11, 1972. Geocaching is 10 years old.

Unless Richard Hoagland or John Lear is right.

At least the log might stay dry, ya think?

But if you leave a cache there, don't forget to bring along a baggie since NASA has found significant water on the moon. Actually, Hoagland called that one years ago. Just saying.

Or perhaps a nano stuck to an abandoned moon rover.

Or on the abandoned alien technology that is up there.

Wouldn’t man have had to actually land on the moon in order to place a cache. I suggest you find the old sound stage they used to film the moon walks and search there.

Everyone knows the moon landings were faked and that the thousands of people involved in those missions all conspired to cover it up. :smile:

'Proof' can be found at http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html :)

Another super-secret is that remote droids were in fact sent to the moon's surface to capture evidence of the moon critters. This lunar vehicle was brought back and discovered to be the personal transport of El Capitan Signal, leader of the moon-beings.

It is rumored that El Capitan Signal was captured as well, but that shortly after his arrival on Earth he escaped with a GPS and hasn't been recaptured, though there have been reported sightings at geocaching events, of all places.

img_signalstore_1.jpg

No, it is not true. It only exists for the purpose of comic relief. And it isn't particularly good at that either. :laughing:

No, it is not true. It only exists for the purpose of comic relief. And it isn't particularly good at that either. :laughing:

I setup a virtual cache there.

So if you don't get permission, what are they going to do? Remove it??? Wonder how long that would take!!

I was surprised to find so many caches in Antartica. Love some of the logs on them.

One had to be moved when the camp was closed down and moved to another location.

The head of the camp knew it was there even though it had been placed some time ago.

She made a point of going out and getting it and replanted it elsewhere.

Some notes about some of those caches having problems with being buried to deep under the ice over time.

Man, I thought there were some hard to find caches around my house! Shees!