whats your goal

cachensfun

Not too shabby for three teens, be safe while having that fun!! And if you go out on bike or scooter, please wear your helmets!!! :laughing:

Let us know what happens!

Scooters at this time of the year. Well actually I went to Napa last week (about 5 miles away) to get some parts for a Leaf Blower I was working on in 43F COLD.

Noah

1 of

Cachensfun

Oh... I thought you meant you wanted to find 350 caches over the weekend!!! You plan to find 2 caches in a four day weekend? I think that with careful planning, you can probably do that. :laughing:

That 348 took over a year to get. We feel like we are hitting a big mark here. We hope to have 500 by Dec 31 2010

My goal is to get to the 500 found mark sometime before to much snow starts to fly around here. My plan is to go pick up the OP since him and his brothers are my caching buddies and then head over to Grand Rapids (the nearest good sized town) and grab 7 more smilies. Then for my 500th find milestone I'm going to go to one of the mall parking lots and make a LPC my 500th find just to be different than the way most folks schedule their milestone caches. :laughing:

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

My goal is to get to the 500 found mark sometime before to much snow starts to fly around here. My plan is to go pick up the OP since him and his brothers are my caching buddies and then head over to Grand Rapids (the nearest good sized town) and grab 7 more smilies. Then for my 500th find milestone I'm going to go to one of the mall parking lots and make a LPC my 500th find just to be different than the way most folks schedule their milestone caches. :laughing:

Maybe your nephews and you can make it dow for the Lazy Hayes Days IV weekend...maybe making number 750??

We are at 348 right now and hope to hit 350 on turkey day. But its supposed to be snowing here :laughing:
Oh... I thought you meant you wanted to find 350 caches over the weekend!!! You plan to find 2 caches in a four day weekend? I think that with careful planning, you can probably do that. :laughing:

Why?

Maybe your nephews and you can make it dow for the Lazy Hayes Days IV weekend...maybe making number 750??

I'd like to. Due to a very bad neck I can't do the camping part since I have to have a real bed, but I could sleep at a hotel and hang out at the campgrounds for the fun and socializing during non-sleeping hours. Am I correct in thinking that your Lazy Hayes Days event is normally a Spring event? I know I was seriously considering it last time, but then chickened out. I think it would be fun. Unfortunately I can't join you on the cruise to Alaska, but I should be able to manage the Lazy Hayes event.

My goal right now is to reach 2000 caches by the end of the year. Today I am just over 250 caches away but I hope tgo get much closer before the end of the month. I'd liek to have less than 200 caches to find in December which is somewhat ambitious for me as I hhave never even found 150 in a month.

286 finds in almost 6 years.

My goal for this weekend is that if someone finds one of my caches, they smile. And if I happen to go out and find one, I smile. And I don't mean that stupid freakin' froggie, I mean a real smile.

My other is goal is that I can make my find (and hide) count hidden. Then Nirvana will be achieved.

Ignore the numbers, enjoy the experience.

We are at 348 right now and hope to hit 350 on turkey day. But its supposed to be snowing here :laughing:

Why?

Why what?

Your post made it seem that 2 caches per weekend didn't live up to your standards. There is no way to detect sarcasm via words and yours seemed rude and condescending.

If I am wrong then I am sorry. If not, then please do not try to derail a serious discussion that I think is important.(no smiley added)

Why?

Why what?

Your post made it seem that 2 caches per weekend didn't live up to your standards. There is no way to detect sarcasm via words and yours seemed rude and condescending.

If I am wrong then I am sorry. If not, then please do not try to derail a serious discussion that I think is important.(no smiley added)

I have a friend that averages 60 caches per caching day. I probably average... I dunno... maybe 15-20 per caching day. But I do not know one single cacher that averages less than 2 caches per day. I'm sorry... I'm not trying to be elitist... only realistic. Unless those two caches are extrememly difficult in difficulty or terrain (and I will admit that I do not know that) two caches are literally a short walk in most parks.

I think you need to take a look at the OP's caching history. We aren't exactly talking about my standards here. Eleven caches found on Nov 22. 13 found on Oct 20th. 11 found on Sept 11. I don't think the OP needs to worry about two in one day.

Edited by knowschad
Oh... I thought you meant you wanted to find 350 caches over the weekend!!! You plan to find 2 caches in a four day weekend? I think that with careful planning, you can probably do that. :lol:

Why?

Why what?

I have a friend that averages 60 caches per caching day. I probably average... I dunno... maybe 15-20 per caching day. But I do not know one single cacher that averages less than 2 caches per day. I'm sorry... I'm not trying to be elitist... only realistic. Unless those two caches are extrememly difficult in difficulty or terrain (and I will admit that I do not know that) two caches are literally a short walk in most parks.

I think you need to take a look at the OP's caching history. We aren't exactly talking about my standards here. Eleven caches found on Nov 22. 13 found on Oct 20th. 11 found on Sept 11. I don't think the OP needs to worry about two in one day.

For you and I two caches is pretty much a walk in the park. However, the OP and his 2 brothers are teenagers and none of them drive. Well actually I think the oldest does use a moped for transportation from time to time. Also there really are not many caches in the nearby village they live by. I'd guess there are maybe 15 caches in the village and 11 of those were caches they hid for other cachers to enjoy. So for young cachers living in the country and not being able to drive to another city themselves I can see where 2 could be a challenge. Weather permitting I'll get them out 1 final caching run before I give it up for the winter and if they haven't made the 350 mark before then they'll get it at that time.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! :laughing:

I do not know one single cacher that averages less than 2 caches per day.

Hi! My name is Sean.

I'm from Deltona Florida.

My turn ons include ammo cans, Lock & Locks and preforms.

My turn offs include film cans, hide-a-keys and Altoids tins.

Pleased to meet you!

The last time I ran my stats, I had considerably less than 2 finds per day average. :laughing:

So far, this year, I've found 113 caches. Do the math. :laughing:

The last time I ran my stats, I had considerably less than 2 finds per day average. B)

So far, this year, I've found 113 caches. Do the math. :P

My lovely wife is impressed that I have found almost 200 caches (about 100 per year). She only geocaches with me a few times a year when we are on vacation. The other day I told her that some people have found over 5000 caches! She said if I ever do 5000 caches she would divorce me. If I stay on pace, around the time of our 50th Anniversary I'll be a free man!!! :unsure:

My lovely wife is impressed that I have found almost 200 caches (about 100 per year). She only geocaches with me a few times a year when we are on vacation. The other day I told her that some people have found over 5000 caches! She said if I ever do 5000 caches she would divorce me. If I stay on pace, around the time of our 50th Anniversary I'll be a free man!!! :unsure:

I bet she doesn't read the forums, does she? :P

My goal is simply to have fun both finding and hiding and smelling the roses along the way.

BC

My goal is to get a couple of stamps carved that look like they were done by an adult not suffering from some sort of palsy. I'd like to say that with practice, this may occur, but I may run out of carving material first. ;-)

Thus far, the practice carvings are not destined to any further function.

I'm sorta kinda thinking on the 81 D/T terrain grid, but not very seriously.

Missing a lot of 4.5 difficulty, and most of what I see in that range are puzzles. Not gonna happen, unless perhaps my stamp carvings are of interest to puzzle cache owners? stamps for coords?

We are at 348 right now and hope to hit 350 on turkey day. But its supposed to be snowing here :unsure:
Oh... I thought you meant you wanted to find 350 caches over the weekend!!! You plan to find 2 caches in a four day weekend? I think that with careful planning, you can probably do that. :P

I don't know about that. I'm getting within striking distance of 1000 finds but have been sitting on 946 finds since the beginning of the month and my 900th find was on Sept. 7th.

My lack of finds is due to real life getting in the way in combination with a lack of new caches within a reasonable driving distance. I just did a PQ which showed caches which have been placed in the last month within 20 miles of home. The query produced a grand total of one cache. To put this in perspective from where knowschad is coming from. When I used a cache in St. Paul as a centerpoint instead of my home coordinates, it produced a list of 187 new caches placed in the last month.

So, finding 2 caches is not a power run, but if you live in a area where there are few caches to be found (and thus have found most of them nearby), real life limits the amount of time and distance you can travel to find a cache, and there is only 1 new cache within that distance, finding 2 caches in a weekend could very well be quite a challenge. Not everyone has the luxury of having 100+ new caches to look for every single month within 20 miles of home.

I do not know one single cacher that averages less than 2 caches per day.

Hi! My name is Sean.

I'm from Deltona Florida.

My turn ons include ammo cans, Lock & Locks and preforms.

My turn offs include film cans, hide-a-keys and Altoids tins.

Pleased to meet you!

The last time I ran my stats, I had considerably less than 2 finds per day average. :P

So far, this year, I've found 113 caches. Do the math. :unsure:

So far this year my average number of finds per caching day is: 3.9

My overall finds per day in 2009 is 0.7

In 2008 my overall finds per day was 1.2.

My goal for this year was to hit 500 by the end of the year. I just got number 700 this past weekend. :P

Congrats!!

My goal to hit 1000 was reached awhile back, but I'd love to hit 1500 soon...maybe on my cruise to Alaska in July?? Anyone wishing to see Alaska and/or witness my 1500th...there's plenty of room on the ship!! B):unsure:

My goal for this year was to hit 500 by the end of the year. I just got number 700 this past weekend. :P

Congrats!!

My goal to hit 1000 was reached awhile back, but I'd love to hit 1500 soon...maybe on my cruise to Alaska in July?? Anyone wishing to see Alaska and/or witness my 1500th...there's plenty of room on the ship!! B):unsure:

I saw your link about this the other day and went to the site. I left it open in my browser, knowing that my wife would be using the computer later. "You should go", she said. I love my wife.

Just checked on airfare and it's around $400 r/t right now. For my last trip to the west coast I paid just under $300 but $400 is still not bad. I noticed that someone else is planning a pre GeoWoodstock trip as well. I have wanted to see Alaska for a very long time so I'm seriously considering doing this.

For you and I two caches is pretty much a walk in the park. However, the OP and his 2 brothers are teenagers and none of them drive. Well actually I think the oldest does use a moped for transportation from time to time. Also there really are not many caches in the nearby village they live by. I'd guess there are maybe 15 caches in the village and 11 of those were caches they hid for other cachers to enjoy. So for young cachers living in the country and not being able to drive to another city themselves I can see where 2 could be a challenge. Weather permitting I'll get them out 1 final caching run before I give it up for the winter and if they haven't made the 350 mark before then they'll get it at that time.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I did not intend to come across as condescending, but I have been accused of that several times recently, so will have to be more careful. Thanks for politely pointing that out.

However, a quick look at the most recent several pages of the OPs hides does quickly show that two caches a day is a cakewalk for them... more the exception than the rule. Still... I want to congratulate everyone on every milestone and do NOT want to be the one to try to ruin their fun!