Coin Announcement! COINTEST ThirstyMick finally made a personal :)

ThirstyMick

I wasn't going to allow myself to post this thread until I finished all the work I have to do...but I'm *almost* done, and I had better get it posted soon b/c in less than 2 weeks my job is shipping me out to California for a loooong time!

My new personal coin has been a very long time in the making. Almost as soon as I started caching, I became obsessed with coins. I've wanted my own for such a long time. A couple of years ago, I started working on a design. It was almost finished when a coin with a similarly themed front side was announced (back then, I was thinking translucents). Bummed, I put the design aside, but couldn’t come up with anything else. Then reading through the forums, I saw someone elses fimo coins. This was exciting, a cheaper alternative to metal! I got to carving stamps and making molds and produced my signature items. I was satisfied for the time being.

But then last year at GCF, I was talking to Sharon of HogWild Stuff and gave her one of my sig items. She encouraged me to mint it as a coin saying that it would be beautiful and not to worry about the other coin. I still wasn’t convinced that I needed to spend so much money :blink: But, the thought of my own personal coins just kept floating around my head tempting me until finally I sent Sharon an email. Over the next few months, I’ve owed so much to Sharon for her patience in dealing with a mint that just couldn’t get it right, and dealing with my OCD perfectionist picture of what I wanted. Working alone with the mint, I think I’d have given up a long time ago, I have so much more respect for all of you guys who run your own coin businesses dealing with the mint - I couldn’t!

They’re finally here and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out (thank you Sharon)! Looking at them, I'm just amazed that all of that color was filled in those tiny spots by hand.

They are 1.75” in diameter and 3mm thick.

100 were made of each of Antique Silver and Antique Copper.

They aren’t trackable, and they aren’t for sale. They will never be for sale by me.

The Antique Silvers are “Trade Only” and the Antique Coppers are “Cache Only.”

This is the Antique Silver / Trade Only Version:

00e4e0eb-04d2-4092-b25d-6a410c12eb6b.jpg

I was having so much fun taking photos of piles of coins that I forgot to take a photo of the Copper ones front/back by themselves, but here’s a photo of a pile of coins :)

2ef32f83-b119-4637-9691-aeb1baa05fda.jpg

The front is pretty straighforward, but everything on the back symbolizes something important to me or my life. I chose flowers because, well, because I love flowers & plants! I’ll have a cointest(s) to explain the back…. but not yet. Maybe tomorrow ;) It’s time to leave work, and I have so much to do at home too!

This job thing couldn’t have come at a worse time for me in terms of my coin life :) (but I am excited for the change of scenery, hopefully we’ll still be there in winter!) so I’ll probably be pretty slow trading. I’ll bring a few with me but I’ll probably run out. I’ll definitely be bringing some of the Coppers, lots of nice looking mountaintops with caches on them :mad: just begging to be found.

Don't be afraid to propose a trade if you don't have something on my seeking list. There are plenty of coins I've never heard of, or just couldn't find in the system, or forgot to add!

Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag, but i was very excited to receive this beautiful coin...will be looking forward to your cointest, so i can learn about some of the markings on the coin. thank you again for this trade...I enjoy seeing trade only coins on the forum!

ILYK

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :mad: I'm so excited about it :)

Lol, DrNeal, no worries. Actually, thank you for reminding me I ought to get posting before I go away!

About the cache only version...I love to travel :) never do know what state or province I'll end up in over a weekend :blink:

I'm not sure if I'll make it to GCF, nobody really knows what's going on at work right now. The main contractor on my project decided all the other contractors needed to move to their office near LA last week, now everyone is scrambling to figure out what's going on. So far the plan is to work straight for two weeks at a time followed by a week off, so if it lines up with a break, I'll definitely take a drive up there!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone ;) I'm so excited about it :)

Lol, DrNeal, no worries. Actually, thank you for reminding me I ought to get posting before I go away!

About the cache only version...I love to travel :) never do know what state or province I'll end up in over a weekend :blink:

I'm not sure if I'll make it to GCF, nobody really knows what's going on at work right now. The main contractor on my project decided all the other contractors needed to move to their office near LA last week, now everyone is scrambling to figure out what's going on. So far the plan is to work straight for two weeks at a time followed by a week off, so if it lines up with a break, I'll definitely take a drive up there!

Or COUNTRY? I'll set up another Earth Cache just for you..... :mad:

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :D I'm so excited about it :)

About the cache only version...I love to travel :D never do know what state or province I'll end up in over a weekend :rolleyes:

Or COUNTRY? I'll set up another Earth Cache just for you..... :D

Your new country is on the list of places I need to go, but flights are pricey! Your earthcache is still my favorite cache I've done. Definitely the prettiest spot I've ever seen.

I have a couple of minutes in front of the computer now, before lunch.... I'm headed to the Post Office at noon, so let see how quickly this goes, should be an easy one if anyones here. :ph34r:

COINTEST TIME!

Rules: One post every two minutes (since I've only got 10 minutes :)) If no one's figured it out by the time I leave I'll mail it tomorrow. I'll keep asking questions until I run out of things to figure out, so if you win one cointest, please don't play in subsequent ones.. No editing posts.. First person to answer the two questions below wins! Hope I didn't forget anything..

The 86 on the coin, is there because I grew up on 86th street in Queens (ny) It wasn't the greastest neighborhood at the time, but my neighbors were like family, everyone stood together and helped each other, so that number earned a spot on the coin,

Questions:

1) The 23 is something completely different.... What?

2) There is something else on the back of the coin relating to the 23, it would tell you something more specific about (1) What is that thing? :)

The 86 on the coin, is there because I grew up on 86th street in Queens (ny) It wasn't the greastest neighborhood at the time, but my neighbors were like family, everyone stood together and helped each other, so that number earned a spot on the coin,

Questions:

You were 23 when you Graduated College

2) There is something else on the back of the coin relating to the 23, it would tell you something more specific about (1) What is that thing?

The Thing Is The Purple Iris

Opalsns

You became engaged at age 23

2) There is something else on the back of the coin relating to the 23, it would tell you something more specific about (1) What is that thing? cute_animated.gif

Your boyfriend gave you a bouquet of those flowers when he proposed and that's why it is funny he got that one wrong!!!

You became engaged on the 23rd

2) There is something else on the back of the coin relating to the 23, it would tell you something more specific about (1) What is that thing?

Your boyfriend gave you a bouquet of those flowers when he proposed and that's why it is funny he got that one wrong!!!

It's your planned wedding day

Day Llly

that's a great answer!!!! I hope its right. I didn't know the names of the flowers but it does make a lot of sense!! :rolleyes:

Day Llly

that's a great answer!!!! I hope its right. I didn't know the names of the flowers but it does make a lot of sense!! :ph34r:

hehe, no weddings planned yet..

I'll give a hint. It does have something to do with college, though not my age at graduation. Something I've been involved with since 7th grade, but that particular number became relevant in college :rolleyes:

Day Llly

that's a great answer!!!! I hope its right. I didn't know the names of the flowers but it does make a lot of sense!! :)

hehe, no weddings planned yet..

I'll give a hint. It does have something to do with college, though not my age at graduation. Something I've been involved with since 7th grade, but that particular number became relevant in college :)

Ohhhhh I had a great next guess but it doesn't fit your hint. Could you please change your hint to fit my guess? :rolleyes::ph34r::)

You became interested in engineering in 7th grade and graduated 23th in your college class!! Congratulations are in order!

roses were given to you for your acomplishment

:)

1) 23 is the special number you are counting every month from the day you and your boyfriend became a couple! were you both in college?? :)

What I mean by that.... For example.... you started your relationship on.... September 23rd! On October 23rd you celebrated a month together........ See.... :rolleyes:

He is close to you, he is there when you need him and actually he is there without even tell him that you need him! He is the other half of you!!! :ph34r:

2) The Rose!!! it shows love! It is pink (dark and light color), and according to what I found...

Pink roses are symbolic of gratitude and appreciation, and are a traditional way to send a message of thanks. Light pink roses are associated with gentleness and admiration, and can also be used as an expression of sympathy.

You becme involved with softball/baseball and the #23 was your jersey / shirt number

The thistle was the team's mascot because it is tough like your team!!

You becme involved with basketball and the #23 was your jersey / shirt number

Your team wore celtic knots for good luck!