CACHE HOPPER GEOCOINS

tsunrisebey

No pressure or anything :anicute:;):P:P

But here is my first one headed out into the wild today. I'm off with the dogs to grab a cache and my 1st Cache Hopper is headed out for travels :P

Coin Page: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...7d-5e72417bcd40

Coin Picture: a3b6e5f3-7d93-428f-85f6-5426c7fce848.jpg

Just an FYI if you activate and release your Cache Hopper for travel please post the your coin page here. It may pay off somewhere down the caching road :o:cry::cry:

tsun :)

Where are all the pics of released HOPPERS! :laughing:

Are these the ones that will be "stock" items ?

I'm sorry that actually made me laugh. I was having a discussion with someone about general geocoin stuff and geocoin stores etc. and it was brought to my attention that my idea to have stock in my store has pretty much been a failure :laughing: I didn't think the Hoppers would sell out the first time and well shoot I don't know what's going to happen now. I am "restocking" with 4 editions (200 this minting), I have limited funding because of GCF stuff and the remints of the ET Oceania's and Neptunes, etc. So when you say "stock" items, to me that means putting more Cache Hopppers in the store to be sold but how long that "stock" lasts is probably questionable.

Please keep in mind that any and every version is subject to remint but there are so many color choices that I haven't seen the need to remint any color versions however if people want to see something again and there seems to be a popular color, I'll definitely consider it. The hope behind these were to spur on some releases into the wild but that isn't going well either :anicute: I guess maybe I should decide on a couple of colors and mint a large number of those so people would be more willing to part with them?

I'll be releasing more in the future but I suppose it's easier for me to just send out any extras.

tsun

I guess maybe I should decide on a couple of colors and mint a large number of those so people would be more willing to part with them?

Actually, that would probably work well. With all the colors being different, and them selling out so fast, they become auto-collectibles. If you made one or two colors in a bigger batch (and do what you can about keeping them stocked :laughing: ) I think people would be more willing to part with them.

If I ever manage to get my hands on two, I would love to release one! :anicute:

The idea for an affordable geocoin in hopes of people releasing more is applaudable. I was stoked by the idea of a great coin at a great price. I could release several. However, enough have to be made so people will part with them. Otherwise they just become a "less expensive" collectible. Basic supply and demand; if enough are made so all may have them they are perceived as less valuable. I would keep 1 for my collection too (and I hope it's the nutella one :laughing: ).

Ok it looks like it is up to me to release one of my two spares I got for a trade :P

Now for the mission, Tsun I have checked out your home town and ideally I would like it to end in one of your caches, but it looks like being the mountain loving lass you are, your caches all seem to be out of the way.

Can you please nominate a cache of yours that is not a biggie for you to reach, or indeed someone elses cache close to you so I can set my little hopper a goal to reach, then have you pick it up for a photo Op if we are lucky enough to make it that far. I think it will be called "returning to Mother"

Edited by AlliedOz

3 of 4 Cache Hopper Versions

The "Albino" Cache Hopper

This is a true story. The cause of albinoism (I may have made up this word) is a mutant gene. When applied to geocoins, it is a mutant enamel. Have you ever noticed how the coins in your collection start to lose their luster? It's because you've kept them from receiving the sun's nutrients (vitamin D), oxygen, and movement (cache to cache). This lack of sun, oxygen and cache movement causes the enamels to lose their pigment, causing a disturbing phenomenon known as "enameldestabilization ablinoism". When this mutantcy starts happening the enamel starts to turn white hence the albino appearance. Not to worry! You can correct this problem by moving your albino Cache Hoppers from cache to cache, it may take many months to correct itself but the frog will turn back to it's normal coloring. If the albino frog continues to stay white, it is not receiving enough sun, oxygen and movement. So please make sure you care for you Albino Cache Hopper appropriately! There is no excuse for this kind of abuse.

SAVE THE ALBINO FROGS! RELEASE THEM ALL :P

CacheHopperAlbino.jpg

4 of 4 Cache Hopper Versions

The Blue Poison Dart Frog

This frog is the light skinned brother to the Dark Blue Poison Dart frog and he's much more boring than his cousin the Golden Poison Dart frog because he isn't lethal to humans. In fact, the only cool thing about this frog is that he is blue :lol: He has no mythical legends, he doesn't have the ability to kill humans with a touch of his skin secretions, he doesn't even have a mutant gene. The poor Blue Posion Dart frog is only lethal to small animals and insects. The most that will probably happen is if you were to lick him, you'd get sick. So help a fella out and let the Blue Poision Dart frog aka Blue Cache Hopper truly live by letting him hop from cache to cache :P

CacheHopperBluePoisonDart.jpg

Ok, just have to ask....what happens when you lick this cache hopper ??? :P

This is a true story. The cause of albinoism (I may have made up this word) is a mutant gene. When applied to geocoins, it is a mutant enamel. Have you ever noticed how the coins in your collection start to lose their luster? It's because you've kept them from receiving the sun's nutrients (vitamin D), oxygen, and movement (cache to cache). This lack of sun, oxygen and cache movement causes the enamels to lose their pigment, causing a disturbing phenomenon known as "enameldestabilization ablinoism". When this mutantcy starts happening the enamel starts to turn white hence the albino appearance. Not to worry! You can correct this problem by moving your albino Cache Hoppers from cache to cache, it may take many months to correct itself but the frog will turn back to it's normal coloring. If the albino frog continues to stay white, it is not receiving enough sun, oxygen and movement. So please make sure you care for you Albino Cache Hopper appropriately! There is no excuse for this kind of abuse.

SAVE THE ALBINO FROGS! RELEASE THEM ALL :lol:

CacheHopperAlbino.jpg

:P That's a secret.

Ok, just have to ask....what happens when you lick this cache hopper ??? :lol:

SAVE THE ALBINO FROGS! RELEASE THEM ALL :)

CacheHopperAlbino.jpg

We all know what an incredible designer tsun is and how she employs the cutting edge of coin manufacture.

Through hard work and diligence, she has created a coin that thrives doing just what its name suggests, hopping from cache to cache. :laughing: A little known fact about the cache hoppers* is that they actually fade and wither away if left in a collection :lol::P They can last a little longer if occasionally discovered by others in a collection but the final fate is the same.

They build strength by being outdoors, placed in ammo cans and lock and locks and pretty soon are ready to make the leap to another cache. They grow and become shinier with the pride of accomplishment, as they move along to complete their owners missions.

If you love your cache hopper, set it free. Post it's page here for all to see!

*Totally invented just for this post.

SAVE THE ALBINO FROGS! RELEASE THEM ALL :)

CacheHopperAlbino.jpg

I knew it!! Save The Albino Frogs!!

CacheHopperAlbino.jpg

Now,

That is Exactly what I visioned on the Baby Turtles. See, It Looks AWESOME and you can still see the 2nd level metal. Love the white, with the Black and green,

Once again Tsun, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Plenty of time in the future for little white turtles :P Glad you like the Albino :lol:

My Heart goes out to you Steph, new cart roll on :mad:

I don' know 'bout anyone else but, I think the new cart either hates me, or completely crashed the entire site just now. :ph34r: I didn't do it!

It's Ok Howling it hates all of us, shhh I also heard it is a frog hater :blink:

SO glad I'm not the only one! :anibad: I've never been able to get in on a Tsun sale before!

Someone wake me up from this nightmare!

Ok, I ust got off the phone with Admin. and let's just say I totally went off for a good 20 minutes while they sat there in silence and listened. I've been patient, you've been patient and I couldn't take it anymore with being polite and understanding.

To make a long story short, there is a communication problem between them and me; meaning they fail to let me know what's going on so I can get things changed to either delay a sale or get a new newsletter out to let people know what's going on. The programmer working on the cart is done but only on the "tester" site which no one bothered to tell me about after 3 emails of asking them if it was ok to get out a sale date. So sale time comes and we get the usual; crash.

There won't be any more sales until September so they can test this last fix which literally will be the last one before we scrap this real time cart system. They have been made very aware that they need to let me know of every little step they are making.

Some of you may ask why I am still working with them and the answer to that is; right now they have to fix everything pretty much for free, if I were to switch to another hosting company, I still need the store fixed but I'd be charged a couple thousand to have it done and I don't have that kind of cash nor do I want to fork it over for something that isn't my fault if you know what I mean. So I'm truly stuck for right now.

Right now, no one is more ticked off than I am, this has become a joke and maybe I should ust stop here so I don't totally ruin the rest of my evening.

Sorry folks...

tsun

Oh yeah, I got the Nutella up before the site crashed, so the other 3 never made it on to the site.

Edited by tsunrisebey

:mad: What a pita! MAKE them fix it, one way or another, and them doing it for free tis all that much better! Hugs and comforts coming your way, as long as whatever sweets, drinks, etc! hehe

Any word where the poisonous frogs are hiding ? ~.^

Thank you so much for keeping up with tis whole mess, putting up with all of us, the site crashing, the idiots who should have had it fixed and communicated better with you, and for making the awesomest coins I've come across yet!

Ok, I ust got off the phone with Admin. and let's just say I totally went off for a good 20 minutes while they sat there in silence and listened. I've been patient, you've been patient and I couldn't take it anymore with being polite and understanding.

To make a long story short, there is a communication problem between them and me; meaning they fail to let me know what's going on so I can get things changed to either delay a sale or get a new newsletter out to let people know what's going on. The programmer working on the cart is done but only on the "tester" site which no one bothered to tell me about after 3 emails of asking them if it was ok to get out a sale date. So sale time comes and we get the usual; crash.

There won't be any more sales until September so they can test this last fix which literally will be the last one before we scrap this real time cart system. They have been made very aware that they need to let me know of every little step they are making.

Some of you may ask why I am still working with them and the answer to that is; right now they have to fix everything pretty much for free, if I were to switch to another hosting company, I still need the store fixed but I'd be charged a couple thousand to have it done and I don't have that kind of cash nor do I want to fork it over for something that isn't my fault if you know what I mean. So I'm truly stuck for right now.

Right now, no one is more ticked off than I am, this has become a joke and maybe I should ust stop here so I don't totally ruin the rest of my evening.

Sorry folks...

tsun

Oh yeah, I got the Nutella up before the site crashed, so the other 3 never made it on to the site.

But we still love ya ! :ph34r: Ok Ok so not so comforting but just know that we know your doing every thing to fix this after each issue so frustrated, yes, angry, no, loyal, hell yes.

Keep chipping away at it and one day we will see a thread about "remember how much fun we had trying to get the early Tsun designs" as the next one sells on e-bay for a record price :mad:

/snip

There won't be any more sales until September so they can test this last fix which literally will be the last one before we scrap this real time cart system.

/snip

Does that mean the other three frogs won't be for sale 'til September too ? /plans ahead :mad:

Thanks for hanging in there with me :mad: I'm probably the luckiest geocoin vendor to have such a loyal group of coiners!

I believe the tentative date for the next sale is Sept. 1st, cause we need admin, the programmer and everyone to be around to watch this when it's tested for the last time but don't quote me on that date quite yet.This should be plenty of time to get whatever needs to be wrapped up, finished. Shoot by then, the ET's will be in and maybe even some more Neptunes.

Ok, off to pack some delicious frogs.

tsun

Hot darn! I was geared up for 8:30am....it's 7:30 am now but in Western Australia and I had even thought of that a couple days ago but ignored myself...so the sale is over. And I was up too listening to the garbage truck outside.

Anyone got a trade for a nutella version....I will trade my personal...

I was able to order a couple of the Nutella versions and might trade one...I am really interested in one of the original Neptune's Compass coins. What else do you have to trade?

Bryan

pastorB at mahaska.org

Edited by Pastor_B

Thanks for hanging in there with me :mad: I'm probably the luckiest geocoin vendor to have such a loyal group of coiners!

I believe the tentative date for the next sale is Sept. 1st, cause we need admin, the programmer and everyone to be around to watch this when it's tested for the last time but don't quote me on that date quite yet.This should be plenty of time to get whatever needs to be wrapped up, finished. Shoot by then, the ET's will be in and maybe even some more Neptunes.

Ok, off to pack some delicious frogs.

tsun

thanks for all your hard work and creativity. Missed the last two sales so I enjoyed being able to get through this time...will watch for your next post. Bryan

Sorry folks...

tsun

Sooo sorry Tsun....... glad you gave them a piece of your mynd tho!!!!!!

Best of Luck - hope they get it right for the next time.... seems like they are overhauling everything else, so can't be much else to fix eh?!!!! Take care chickie!!!! Go relax for the evening!

~S