SWAG ?

tanman34

I was just wondering what everyone does with the swag they aquire???

I thought at first I would collect everything in one area like a wall of SWAG. But alot of the stuff would seem like a joke to keep.

I think I will trade the small stuff ,and collect the nicer stuff that has personal meaning ,and trade the nice stuff that makes no connection with me. i guess.

This stuff accumulates pretty quickly.

What do you guys do????

Tanman34

I am a terrible packrat. I have two wooden boxes here at home. One is filled with swag to go into caches and the other is filled with things I have picked up from caches. Sometimes the swag-in box gets too full and I hem and haw over what things I will take out and move to the swag-out box.

I'll never give up the first thing I found tho! A beat up toy jaguar car.

...I thought at first I would collect everything in one area like a wall of SWAG....

What do you guys do????

Tanman34

I like that idea of a Swag wall, that would be quite amusing/interesting. :grin:

We still have our very first item we took from our first ever cache, but that's about it. I keep any nice small badges/pins that I've found and they're all on one of my caching bags.

Our first swag

2ab0b905-b054-4760-81a4-913f3a5db304.jpg

... incidentally, the horse has a label on the bottom which says " UnderWater World $15.90" so he must have come over to Wales from USA somehow.

MrsB :ninja:

We love all see the swag it is such a surprise to see what people leave. The house policy for every thing is something "new" in two or more things out. So we leave much more than we take and have gotten pounds of foreign coins which we put in little ziplocks and leave. In part because I was always getting the bags out to put logs in so why not add some thing with it. I also have a great big box of garage sale windup toys and dog toys to add to those big caches. My husband loves to says how much money he would have had if he had taken all the money out of the caches we found. The big thing he brings back are rocks, shell and nature that are just lying around and puts them on his desk at work, or in the yard. People love to see what he has found and laugh about caching stories. Junk or treause it is all in the eye of the holder... Have fun with it let the kid in you shine......

I was just wondering what everyone does with the swag they aquire???

I thought at first I would collect everything in one area like a wall of SWAG. But alot of the stuff would seem like a joke to keep.

I think I will trade the small stuff ,and collect the nicer stuff that has personal meaning ,and trade the nice stuff that makes no connection with me. i guess.

This stuff accumulates pretty quickly.

What do you guys do????

Tanman34

The swag I collect goes into other caches - usually. Sometimes, I only leave swag and not take any; depending on the cache contents.

We keep a small metal "treasure chest" with swag in it. We are new to the sport so its no where near full yet. Usually I take a small item like a plastic animal or my favorite find yet a "Grow Your Own Pinata" and my girlfriend loves finding pins and stickers. I know most of what we keep is junk but some day I plan on looking through the box and saying something like "remember when we found this T-rex toy". :anicute:

Count me as another that rarely trades. I will often leave a little swag in a cache, but usually will not trade for anything unless it is something I like or need.

Iguess I will just hang on to the important ones and mile stones .

Really coincidentally the 1st cache I found had a lion beanie baby and it just so happens I am a leo..Its now sitting on top the computer. My girlfriend worked at walt disney world for 16 yrs in the art department. The other day she found a 32nd birthday lapel pin that is now in her WDW collection a real find to her..

Happy caching

Tanman34

Edited by tanman34

When we trade out for swag it's usually when my son is caching with me. We have a "swag" drawer full of toy's and such. He will put in some thing's in his backpack and trade for something he like's. A big highlight for him is to show mom what "treasure's" he found on our trip. If it's something that he's done playing with in a few week's we will put it in the drawer and use it again for a trading item. I do trade out for sig item's, personally and have a neat collection of wooden nickle's.

I generally don't take swag. If my son goes with me, he sometimes takes things. I have a swag bag with little things I've picked up at yard sales and vintage little things I got when we cleaned out my uncle's home when he moved to a nursing home. Those things include vintage wooden nickels, old tie tacks, some old pins of my grandmother's. Other things I leave are small toys found at yard sales. I try to leave unusual stuff. But mostly it's TNLN.

I only take swag if there is something unique about it in some way. Someday in my free time I'm going to paint a large painting incorporating both 3-D swag & painted images. I like sig items, and it is even more special if you get to meet the person who "goes with" the sig item! I also carry about a bag of swag items, but usually just leave stuff if caches are lacking.

I'm new to geocaching, but I brought a bag of trade swag with me on my first hunt. I will trade for small pointless items but leave something nicer. I like to leave seashells, polished stones, little compasses, magnifying glass etc.. I like the items I leave to be something camping or nature related. I am packing my first caches with lots of stuff, mostly useless but at least one nice useful item.

I will probably end up putting most of the things I find back into caches (my own or in those of someone else).

I ordered some travel bugs and an looking forward to having fun tracking those... I hope the travel bug gods are nice to me! :angry:

Edited by gonzoid54

I have my wooden nickels that I leave as a sig item but hardly ever take anything. I am also a rock hound who polishes rocks by the tumbling method. When my absent-minded brain remembers to take some, I'll put some polished rocks in a small plastic bag and leave that, but, again, I hardly ever take anything.