Geocaching is elitist!

gof1

... Got a good used bridge for sale too.

Dear sir:

I am a savvy super ultra-wise investor, with keen eye out at all times for great investments. Please send details ASAP on your exciting used bridge offer. Thank you for doing the needful.

Please also do me a favor and close this offer to all others than myself for next 48 hours. That is, please limit this to exclusive offer to myself only for next 48 hours so that I take advantage, so to speak. Thank you for doing the needful.

--Vinny

savvy super ultra-wise sophisticated investor

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

I just can't quite figure it Vinny. Are you on drugs you shouldn't be, or are you not on drugs you should be? And did your mom ever talk to you about sharing?

Start. Please to understand that can only reveal that only drugs of the incumbent ingestion are certain above-top-secret future-tech psychiatric drugs prescribed by team of crackerjack psychiatrists assigned to secret CIA shadow ops skunkwork unit of which I was the former member until the Azorbella other-dimensional mission went bad with the muchly casualties and resultant sad explosion of time tunnel. Can say no more. Do not ask. Thank you for doing the needful. End.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

... And what kind of cake is it? I'm hungry.

Hey, this is GEOcaching! It's obvious it must be MARBLE cake. I just took it for GRANITE that everyone would know that.

The SHALE you say! Gimme a good ol' slice of Key LIMESTONE pie & a nice glass of JADE tea to SLATE my thirst! Cake promotes a SEDIMENTARY lifestyle - & that just don't go with GEODEcaching.

~*

Geocaching is supposed to be a fun hobby that anyone can enjoy. The dirty little secret is that it isn't so. Only those with computer access (with internet capabilities), a gps, and a way to get from cache to cache, can participate.

I think it is time that something be done about this inequity! The question is what? What should we do to provide justice to those who find themselves unfairly excluded.

Signed

A Concerned Citizen.

(ignore the other id on this post)

Reedin and Writin be needed 2.

When I’m filthy rich I will have a butler. My butler will go and get the caches and bring them to me for log-signing at my convenience, then return them to their hiding places.

Internet is for underlings. Bushwhacking is for servants.

Could someone freshen my drink, please, and bring me another pillow?

:laughing: OMG! Thank goodness I was eating pretzels instead of drinking soda this time. Where's my dust-buster? :anibad:

... And what kind of cake is it? I'm hungry.

Hey, this is GEOcaching! It's obvious it must be MARBLE cake. I just took it for GRANITE that everyone would know that.

The SHALE you say! Gimme a good ol' slice of Key LIMESTONE pie & a nice glass of JADE tea to SLATE my thirst! Cake promotes a SEDIMENTARY lifestyle - & that just don't go with GEODEcaching.

~*

TALC you for the GNEISS response. It was IGNEOUS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE you posted a shot of the Titanium Member's roundtable. Now all the Platnum Members are going to want one!!!!

Yes, and as you can see, we are in the process of discussing where to place caches in space, since we, Titanium members, get free use of the secret space shuttle program. My space cache is going to have a Ferrari as a FTF gift, btw. Just don't let those who are not Titanium members know about this, ok?

Oh, drat...I should've posted this in the Titanium members forum, right?

Bruce

Yes, and as you can see, we are in the process of discussing where to place caches in space, since we, Titanium members, get free use of the secret space shuttle program. My space cache is going to have a Ferrari as a FTF gift, btw. Just don't let those who are not Titanium members know about this, ok?

You're not suppose to reveal the existence of the Universe Positioning System here. People are supposed to think that the brown trucks are for delivering packages, not broadcasting signals.

OK. For those of you who need a little explanation of what is going on,(checks over shoulder) the Titanium members and the platinum members are fighting. We aren't supposed to know about it. What they don't realize is that the un-obtainium members have been setting the whole thing up. Pitting one side against the other. I suspect Vinny is supplying covert intel to all three groups and making a fine living doing it. Gee, I hope that I didn't spoil it for him.

We have bigger things to worry about. A grease gun exploded in an astronaut’s bag while she was working on the ISS. Is this the start of a world wide conspiracy, what if you could not trust your grease gun, what if it developed a mind of its own, what if, god forbid, it got into bed with your GPS?

I think the commies are behind it, after all they got a look at the Big Board. :D

We have bigger things to worry about. A grease gun exploded in an astronaut’s bag while she was working on the ISS. Is this the start of a world wide conspiracy, what if you could not trust your grease gun, what if it developed a mind of its own, what if, god forbid, it got into bed with your GPS?

I think the commies are behind it, after all they got a look at the Big Board. :D

I think you're reading too much into it. The whole "exploding grease gun" is obviously a ploy to distract muggles while she placed her cache.

I think you're reading too much into it. The whole "exploding grease gun" is obviously a ploy to distract muggles while she placed her cache.

It'll be tough to keep up with the coordinates as they move across the surface at over 15,000 miles per hour. Or maybe that's less of a problem than the cache altitude being 190 miles up.

Plus, since she was holding at her fail-safe point, she can't be recalled. She should be entering Soviet radar coverage in about twenty minutes.

Edited by PDBreske

OK. For those of you who need a little explanation of what is going on,(checks over shoulder) the Titanium members and the platinum members are fighting. We aren't supposed to know about it. What they don't realize is that the un-obtainium members have been setting the whole thing up. Pitting one side against the other. I suspect Vinny is supplying covert intel to all three groups and making a fine living doing it. Gee, I hope that I didn't spoil it for him.

Please refrain from bringing my name into this thing. I prefer to lurk in the background and simply fine-tune things once in a while, as needed. Thank you for doing the needful!

If someone wants to play baseball and doesn't have a bat and a ball, they cannot do it either. Is baseball an eletest sport? I you don't have a car to drive some place, you borrow one or take a bus, or walk. Maybe travel is eletist. I have the tools to geocache cause I wanted to geocache. I didn't get everything all at once. I don't travel nearly as light as I used to. Cause I have more than someone else (even though I've earned it) should I share my wealth with others? Sorry.

"Mr. President, we cannot allow a GPS gap!!!"

Guess what movie that's from (or kinda from) and win my undying admiration!!!

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!!!!

Ever in the pursuit of protecting the purity of our natural bodily fluids......

Grigorii Rasputin

http://www.glass-cockpit.org

http://grigoriirasputin.wordpress.com

Just a lot of needless overreactions & angst-mongering, methinks. All 'elitist' notions could (and will!) be removed simply by making it available to the masses....& that's not a farfetched concept, at all!

The simple solution of course is that the gov't will have GPSr & Intarwebz capability on the embedded chipsets we'll receive at birth. The retrofitting requirement law for the present population will take care of the rest.

Just remember - your government is a caring government! And it's your best interests they have in heart!!

\Happy Thanksgiving!!1

\\Pass the Soylent, please?

~*

Hey! I resent the OPs statement.

I'm not elitist! I strapped my fat a**, jobless, couch poTAHto brother to my back and force him to enjoy the wonders of discovery!

Of course I wasn't thinking and tried to cross a bog and plunged through and the fat bastich hit the quick release but was to lazy to roll off the hole, so I drowned.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm a rotten corps posting on the internet without a computer and that would qualify me as elitist. Guess I had better make you all die so that I no longer am.

Please read the following and mentally recite every 30 seconds during during you conscious cycles:

I'm going to kill myself, but I'm going to take out 6 people I despise first!