Fastest Hit after a Hide

I placed a cache yesterday and within 2h 45m I had a hit, now I figure it took about 15 minutes for the person to get back to thier house and log the cache. So, make it 2.5 hours

What is the fastest hit you guys have had?

Less than an hour, easily.

got to ground zero 10 minutes after publication, looked for 10 minutes then joined by another cacher, searched together for about 15 minutes, then another cacher showed up, then we see the guys walking across the parking lot to PLACE the cache, very funny day indeed

Now thats Funny!! :)

I submitted a new one for review first thing this morning. I checked at around 1:00 PM and it had not been published yet. I picked the step son (Buggybubba) up at 3:00 and checked again at 3:30 and saw that it had been published. Buggybubba immediately decided he wanted to go find what I had hid.

With no help from me (other than driving him to the area) he was able to track it down and find it for his first FTF at 4:35 PM. Someone else found it just a short time later.

I recently went after a newly published cache. As I started my hunt, I was greeted by a cacher who was FTF. However, she reported the cache had apparently already been muggled. While the cache was in its place, it was completely empty. When we noted this in our logs, the owners apologized and said our finds were so quick that they had not even had a chance to stock the cache!

I have found a cache within 15 minutes of the Instant Notification and I was third to find. Caches in my area are usually found within 5 minutes of the publish log. Puzzles might take an hour before the FTF.

I got 2nd to find on a cache about 15 minutes after I got the notification (I was in a meeting at the time it went off). The FTFer found and logged the cache online 18 minutes after it was published. The cache was located about a five minute walk from my office and 100 ft. from where my car and GPS was located at the time it was published.

I recently went after a newly published cache. As I started my hunt, I was greeted by a cacher who was FTF. However, she reported the cache had apparently already been muggled. While the cache was in its place, it was completely empty. When we noted this in our logs, the owners apologized and said our finds were so quick that they had not even had a chance to stock the cache!

This is the second one in this thread like this.

Caches are always supposed to be placed and ready to be found *before* the cache is published.

My fastest hit was one that was published when I was out caching. It was published as I almost drove by it. I stopped on the side of the road, checked the site.. plugged in the coordinates to the GPS, and I had stopped within 100 Feet of the cache. a minuite later, I logged the cache. It was less than 3 minuites Publish to find by chance...

The Steaks

there is a cacher in my area... we are allll jealous of...

he works for a communications company.... he drives around all day in a big black truck and at least 2 GPS' in his possession. He also has a laptop on board... enabled with a wireless internet card (verizon?)... he gets INSTANT notifications and is usually close by or passing by shortly after a cache posts....

siiiiight... my kinda job

I've done a few eight minutes after publication. A couple I just happened to be in the area and others were around where I live. For the icing on the cake, I got out my PDA and posted a note on the cache page a minute or so later, just as a courtesy so I can log the cache at my leisure. I'm always way behind on logging and will only log a day's finds in order.

How do people get these instant notifications? Do they have blackberry's or can I get them to my non blackberry cell phone?

Thanks. Lori

The instant notifications are sent to the text message email address for your cell phone. Each cell provider has one for their subscribers. Just have the notification sent there.