Garmin V2 Geocoin

nielsenc

In case you might have missed it:

http://www8.garmin.com/ces/colorado/index.html

"Also, a limited-edition geocoin has been minted to commemorate the launch of Colorado and Wherigo."

I wonder if they will be handing these out at the event in Las Vegas Sunday :anicute:.

So, usually, one can only get a coin like this if they buy this product?

Edited by fairyhoney

Well, they did have coins there, but they were raffling them off. You got a ticket when you signed the logbook. We didn't win one :) . I kept trying to get one from Jake, the Garmin rep, but he wouldn't cough one up lol. Poor guy was probably sick of me! He's the same guy that does the http://garmin.blogs.com/ blog. He said to keep an eye on the blog and Wherigo.com, for other ways to get one of these coins.

I did get a 2007 Lackey coin, and a mystery Geocaching Jedi, so I can't complain!!

Oh yea, Jake said there'd be more events like this coming to other areas! (I think he mentioned Chicago and Pittsburgh as 2 possibilities).

At the Vegas event they were handing them out free to everyone who asked.

I've read that there was some expectation that something similar was to happen at the Seattle event, but maybe too many people asked at the Vegas event :) Hard to leave too disappointed after a great event, especially with so many Lackeys handed out!

I did get to take a look at one of the raffle winners coins and it looked pretty darn nice!

I've read that there was some expectation that something similar was to happen at the Seattle event, but maybe too many people asked at the Vegas event :) Hard to leave too disappointed after a great event, especially with so many Lackeys handed out!

I did get to take a look at one of the raffle winners coins and it looked pretty darn nice!

I read on the blog that at one of the other events, if people told him a specific phrase, that he'd give them a coin. I wish I would have read that before hand, maybe it would have worked here!

I read on the blog that at one of the other events, if people told him a specific phrase, that he'd give them a coin. I wish I would have read that before hand, maybe it would have worked here!

Yea, I read that too but I think that's only regarding Outdoor Retailer. If not, I can still try it at the San Jose event :) .

For those of us that weren't lucky enough to win one of these in the raffles, or who weren't at one of the events where they actually just handed them out to people, there's now another way to get one!

Jake's Journal: Win a geocoin with Wherigo!

Build a Wherigo cartridge, upload it to Wherigo.com, and send Jake an email letting him know about it. Each week he'll pick a winner who'll get a Colorado/Wherigo geocoin!

For those of us that weren't lucky enough to win one of these in the raffles, or who weren't at one of the events where they actually just handed them out to people, there's now another way to get one!

Jake's Journal: Win a geocoin with Wherigo!

Build a Wherigo cartridge, upload it to Wherigo.com, and send Jake an email letting him know about it. Each week he'll pick a winner who'll get a Colorado/Wherigo geocoin!

Nice... thanks for pointing out!