I'm in a cointest mood! Let's Do Another!

Nochipra

This recipe is a lot simpler than it sounds, I have a 2 year old so that should be proof enough, I can make this even with her around, in fact she even helps. I've made this for the last 3 Christmas's to take to partys. There is NEVER any left, plus it's a great Edible Present!

Brown Sugar Brie with Nuts

1/4 cup light brown sugar

1/4 cup shopped Pecans

1 tablespoon bourbon

1/2 package puff pastry sheets - thawed (this can take about 20-30 min to thaw so take it out first)

1 (13.2 oz) round brie

Caramel Nut Sauce (see below)

Preheat over to 400 F. Prepare a cake pan with a sheet of foil folded around the edges. If you haven't already, take out the puff pastry and put it on a lightly floured surface to thaw. Mix together first 3 ingredients. Roll out folds in the brie (make sure your roller has a dusting of flour on it). Pour the nut mixture in a circle in the middle of the pastry and lay the brie on top. Fold the pastry over the brie (I do corners first then fold in the sides sort of like a package) Push together all the seems so the brie is completely enclosed. Place the brie folded side down in the cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Caramel Nut sauce:

1/2 cup cream

1/2 cup butter

1 cup light brown sugar

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

1 cup chopped pecans

Mix together all but the nuts in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally, cover and let boil for 3 minutes. Uncover and continue to boil for 1 minute without stirring. Turn off the stove top and add the pecans stirring them in. (I half the Sauce simply because it makes more than needed imho) Cool then sppon around the brie.

Serve warm with assorted crackers, apples or pears!

I hope anyone who tries this loves it as much as I do

This is my all time favourite recipe. It's tasty and fun, but most importantly it brings all members of the family together. My fondest memories of christmas involve decorating these beauties and I have since passed on this tradition to my children. In fact three generations get together now to do these together. Enjoy. Sorry no scanner means no pics :)

Sugar cookies

2 3/4 c. all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 c. butter (softened )

1 1/2 c. white sugar

1 egg (slightly beaten)

1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl.

In a larger bowl cream together the sugar and butter.

Add slightly beaten egg and vanilla.

Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended.

Chill overnight.

Roll out dough and cut shapes using christmas cutters. Place on ungreased

cookie sheet and cook 8- 10 mins or until golden. Cool. Decorate

Icing

4 c. powdered sugar

3 tbsp (approx) milk

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Food colouring

Mix until smooth. Seperate into bowls and add food colouring until desired colour is reached.

Feel free to add candies, sprinkles etc...... Your imagination is the limit !

OK, I'll be the first to admit it, I have printed out 4-5 of these goodies and will be heading to the store in the morning to purchase the ingreidents to make ALL of them, Now I better find some elves to haelp sample them or I will not have to worry about having Frozen Buns this winter. :) :) :)

Send me some, I'll sample'em! :)

Hear! Hear! :D

Wow! This cointest is turning out great. Every recipe sounds great so far. I don't know how we are going to be able to choose our pick. I didn't expect this kind of response. I just might have to give another coin away for the forums choice. After the contest closes I'll let everyone send me their vote for the one recipe they think they will make for Christmas to a separate email address I will give out later. NO VOTES YET PLEASE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY VOTES IN THIS THREAD.

It also looks like I will have to write down each person's name as it appears down the list and assign a number as they are posted since there are comments made in between the recipes but no biggie. Keep them coming, you only have until Midnight on Thurs Dec. 20 (oh yeah and that is EST) since that is the time zone I am in. Any recipe posted after that time will not be included. Keep posting as you like. If you have more than one recipe listed then only the first recipe you posted will count toward the contest.

I was thinking that this might make a great forum cookbook. Does anyone know anthing about producing one? Just a thought.

I was thinking that this might make a great forum cookbook. Does anyone know anthing about producing one? Just a thought.

I love these kind of cookbooks, I drive the wife nuts with them, but I usually find her some easy recipes for some great food with them. I hope you come up with a way to make the book.

this is a traditional holiday cookie in my family, and as far as I know, it's always made by the oldest female family member on my grandmother's side, and only made at Christmas. I believe it's a common Italian recipe, but it will alway remind me of the holidays.

ITALIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES

1 c. olive oil

1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. orange extract

1 1/2 tsp. anise extract

4 c. flour, sifted once with 4 tsp. baking powder

1 c. sugar

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract

6 eggs

Mix all ingredients in large bowl until a dough consistency. Roll in a little flour to handle and break off small pieces. Roll and twist into circles. Bake 8-10 minutes on greased pan at 350 degrees. Cookies should be light, NOT golden, after baking.

ICING:

Confectioners' sugar (add as needed to thicken)

1 1/2 tsp. orange extract

1 1/2 tsp. anise extract

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract

A little milk (add slowly to desired consistency)

Mix and dip cookies in icing. Allow to dry before handling. makes about 4-5 dozen.

Pecan Noels

Makes about 3 doz. cookies

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

3/4 cup confectioner's sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 cups sifted flour

1 tablespoon ice water

2 cups pecans, finely chopped

confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets with butter or vegetable shortening.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the vanilla extract. Sift the flour with the salt. Beat the flour mixture into the batter, 1/2 cup at a time. Add the ice water after the first cup of flour. Mix in the chopped pecans.

Break off small pieces of dough. Roll between the palms of your hands into finger lengths and place one inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven.

After the cookies have cooled for about 2 to 3 minutes, but are still warm to the touch, roll in confectioner's sugar. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

These cookies are the best! So light and crunchy and tasty! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! And thank you for the cointest!

Edited by DaFunkyFrogs

This recipe follows the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid :) )

Toffee Pop Truffles

Stuff you need:

2x Pkt "ToffeePop" Biscuits (Not sure if you guys have em but there is sure to be an alternative :) They are a vanilla biscuit base with caramel on top, covered in chocolate)

1x Tub Cream Cheese

Milk/Dark & White cooking chocolate

What to do? :)

1. Crumble the biscuits and mix in the cream cheese (Hand mixing is best, very messy but more fun)

2. Roll into "Bite" size balls and chill

3. Melt the chocolate and coat the balls, then drizzle the opposite flavour chocolate over top.

That's It! Not even any cooking required :) And if it wasn't easy enough, don't even bother with quanities, it doesn't really matter, they will turn out Yummy what ever :) Just remember like every good cook it is compulsary to sample the production line in the interest of quality control :D

Here's a yummy one:

Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms

Ingredients:

About 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates

1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)

3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter

2 cups all-purpose biscuit baking mix

About 1/4 cup sugar

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.

2. Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in large bowl until smooth. Add baking mix and vanilla; blend well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very lightly browned (do not overbake). Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate piece in center of each ball. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completley. Store in tightly covered container. About 48 cookies.

OK, I'll be the first to admit it, I have printed out 4-5 of these goodies and will be heading to the store in the morning to purchase the ingreidents to make ALL of them, Now I better find some elves to haelp sample them or I will not have to worry about having Frozen Buns this winter. :) :) :)

I was telling my wife about this cointest and she was all excited about getting other people's recipes and having us try some of them as well. We will be scrolling through the list tomorrow and picking out some to get the ingredients over the weekend. What a great idea to share recipes amongst the group.

Thanks for the cointest and thanks everyone for the great recipes

Happy Holidays,

PSU Fan

KERSTKRANS (dutch christmasring)

For the almond paste filling:*

3/4 cup shelled blanched and peeled almonds

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

the peel of 1 lemon

For the puff pastry:**

1 cup of flour

1/2 cup butter or margarine

water to mix

salt

To asamble:

5 candid cherries halved

water and beaten egg (for brushing top)

Todecorate:

thin lemon icing

apricot preserves

candied red and green cheries

candied orange peel

candied lemon peel

a red ribbon holy

Tomake the almond filling:

Make the filling preferable aleast 1 month in advance.(* prepared marzipan or almond paste may be used)

Grind the almonds very finely add the sugar and egg, also the grated peel mixed well. Grind again. Store.

When necessary knead through and add some water if paste is too stiff.Store in jar.

To make the puff-pastry:

Make the puff-pastry your favorite way.

Roll out into long strip of 1/8 inch (4mm)thick.

4 inch (10 cm) wide.

To shape and bake the wreath:

Preeheat oven 450 degrees f.

Brush your baking tray with water.

Take a pan cover that will nearly fit the baking tray. Put it in the middle and trace the circumference, this will guide you when forming the ring.

Shape almond paste into roll of nearly the same lenght. Press 10 halves candied cherries at equal intervals into the almond paste-roll. They must not be vissible anymore. Now place the almond roll on the dough, a little above the center.

Wet the lower part of the dough with water and wrap it loosely around the almond paste-roll. Put it on the baking tray: the 'ring'will guide you. Seal the join well and turn the roll until join faces down. Form a ring by joining the two end together with some water. Brush with beaten egg.

Bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven(450 degrees f.) until golden brown.

Or, may be baked at 425 degrees f. for 20-30 min.

When done coat the ring thinly with preserve and when still HOT, coat whit thin icing{with a few drops of lemon juice).

When firm take from the tray and cool on wire track.

Decorate with halved candied cherries, orange peel and lemon peel cut in leaf shapes.

tie a ribbon around the ring where the two ends meet and decorate with holly.

I took this recipe a few years ago from internet.

I make this recipe when a get christmas visite.

This year i buy it in a grocery store, not so good but easy :P

We eat this in the netherlands always with christmas.

Do you know or eat the chrismasring in the usa??? :P

Merry christmas and a happy new year!!

Edited by Geo.Error

I remember serving these about a year ago when my uncle came to visit from Israel- they were also served at my friend's house for New Year (sorry for metric measurements, that's how they were written down in my notebook).

Chicken Snowballs

2 eggs

100g mushrooms (pretty much any would do- we used button)

1 onion

100g cheese (not melted, grated is fine)

300g chicken breast

salt and pepper

mayonnaise

lettuce

1. Boil eggs (hard-boiled). Cut them up into small pieces.

2. Grate cheese if it's not grated already.

3. Cook the chicken breast in salted water. Cut it into small cubes.

4. Chop up onion and mushrooms.

5. Saute mushrooms with onions.

6. Combine eggs, chicken, mushrooms, and onion pieces in a bowl.

7. Add some (1-2 teaspoons) of mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste.

8. Form spheres out of the combination (easier than it sounds).

9. Dip each sphere into the grated cheese to give it a bit of a coating- the whiter the cheese the more like a snowball it looks.

10. Serve spheres on lettuce leaves.

Enjoy!

Edited by OwlCacher

Okay, I've got another recipe I use for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkey. This is the best recipe I have found for stuffing, modified of course :P . No Turkey is complete without this!

Turkey Stuffing

1 cup chopped celery

1 cup onion

8 oz package of mushrooms finely chopped

1 pack of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (I think its 12 oz)

1 loaf of french bread cut into cubes

1/4 cup of butter

1 cup white wine

1 cup turkey broth or chicken broth

1 tsp poultry season

1 tsp sage

salt and pepper to taste

1 egg

optional** nuts or dried apricots

cook the celery and onions with the butter until soft. cool to room temp

In another pan cook the sausage and the mushrooms. Drain the grease. cool to room temp.

In a large mixing bowl mix bread cubes, onion-celery mix, sausage-mushrooms, and the egg. Mix well but not mushy. Add the wine and the broth, seasoning. Mix it all together and stuff your turkey. Put the remaining stuffing in a corning ware dish and bake on the side.

**If its too dry you can add more broth to make it more moist.**

My family has used this stuffing recipe for years and love it. Hope you like it too. Tell me what you think if you decide to try it. :P

ENJOY!!! :P

Edited by SoCalGeocoins

We tried the following last year for the holidays at a friend's house. It turned out really good!

Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup unsulfured molasses

1 egg

1 egg yolk

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa powder

1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup hot milk

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

2 ounces cream cheese, softened

2/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar

1/4 teaspoon lemon extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter or line with paper liners a 12-cup muffin tin.

Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the white sugar. Add the molasses and the egg and egg yolk.

Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot milk. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the hot milk mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared tin.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until slightly springy to the touch. Allow to cool a few minutes in the pan and remove to a rack to cool.

To Make Frosting: Cream the 2 tablespoons butter and the cream cheese together. Beat in the confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract and beat. When the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops with the frosting and serve.

ENJOY!!!!!! :P

I can't resist! Ive got one more!

This is an all time favorite too. Its just a bit time consuming. (waiting for it to rise)

Hungarian Coffee Cake!

(The perfect desert for a large party).

Ingredients:

SWEET DOUGH

1 package active dry yeast

1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)

1/2 cup lukewarm milk

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup soft butter

1 tsp salt

1 egg

3 1/2 to 4 cups flour

----------------------

SUGAR MIXTURE

1/2 to 1 cup butter melted

3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cups finely chopped nuts

Disolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl. Stir in milk, sugar, butter, salt. egg and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 mins.

Placed in greased bowl, turn greased side up. (You can refridgerate 3 to 4 days to use later)

Cover let rise in warm place until double size (about and 1 1/2 hours)

Punch down dough. Shape into balls about the size of a nickel or quarter.

Take the balls and dip into the the melted butter then sugar and nuts. Layer sugar balls in a lightly greased bundt pan until all dough is used. Dump remaining sugar and butter onto balls. Let rise for 45 mins, then Heat over to 375 degrees and bake until golden brown. Aprox 35- 40 mins. Loosen from pan. Immediately invert pan onto serving plate. Leave pan ontop for 2 mins then remove.

Break apart balls!

Enjoy!

Edited by SoCalGeocoins

Chocolate covered Pretzels

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet, put a Hershey Kiss on each pretzel wheel.

Bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 minutes

Take out of oven

Push 1 M&M on top of the melted Hershey Kiss

Let cool on wax paper until they cool (time is determined by how warm is the room that you are cooking in :lol: )

:laughing: Eat & enjoy :blink:

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

I wanted to post a picture of the end result and I am told that the correct name is an M&Etzel

MMMMM GOOOODDDD!!!!

MEtzel.jpg

Chocolate covered Pretzels

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet, put a Hershey Kiss on each pretzel wheel.

Bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 minutes

Take out of oven

Push 1 M&M on top of the melted Hershey Kiss

Let cool on wax paper until they cool (time is determined by how warm is the room that you are cooking in :lol: )

:laughing: Eat & enjoy :blink:

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

I wanted to post a picture of the end result and I am told that the correct name is an M&Etzel

MMMMM GOOOODDDD!!!!

MEtzel.jpg

I make the same thing, but instead of Hershey Kisses, I use Rolos (chocolate covered caramels).

Only a couple more hrs til Midnight Easter Standard Time cut off time for the contest so keep em coming! Remember Food Recipe Items only qualify. I have started compiling the names and assigning numbers as they have come in between all the non recipe comments made. I love getting new recipes and there have been some really great ones here. Thanks to all who have participated so far but it's not over yet you still have a chance to enter for two more hrs.

There will also be another contest to win a gold Naughty or Nice coin and a certificate for the title of Top Forum Christmas Recipe; where you get to vote for your favorite. I will provide the email address after the initial contest where you can send your vote. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR VOTE HERE IT WILL NOT COUNT! Good Luck all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Edited by Nochipra

Oh no I missed it! I wanted to include my recipe for 'easy mac'. Rip open plastic container, poor noodles in bowl. Add 2/3's cup water. Heat in microwave for 4 minutes. Take out, poor in fake cheese powder and stir! Thanks to Kraft for my dinners 5 out of 7 nights :laughing:

Was there a recipe in here that required no baking and less than 5 minutes? :lol: I'll be a tester if anyone needs one, cooking/baking skills are not in my genes.

Oh yeah, my nutella recipe: open container, insert spoon :blink:

Congrat's ahead of time to the winner.

Edited by tsunrisebey

THE WINNER OF THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR CONTEST IS

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eagle-2 for the DIRT CAKE

PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS, CONGRATS! IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME FOR CHIP AND I TO FIGURE OUT THE ONE WE CHOOSE SO STAY TUNED!

Here's a yummy one:

Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms

Ingredients:

About 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates

1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)

3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter

2 cups all-purpose biscuit baking mix

About 1/4 cup sugar

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.

2. Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in large bowl until smooth. Add baking mix and vanilla; blend well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very lightly browned (do not overbake). Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate piece in center of each ball. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completley. Store in tightly covered container. About 48 cookies.

MMM!! Chocolate and peanut butter, my 2 favorite things!!!

Here's my favorite for the Holdays:

JayBee’s Awesome Fudge (Revised)

¾ cup (1-1/2 sticks) Butter

3 cups Sugar

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1 can (5 oz.) Evaporated Milk (2/3 cup)…….(DO NOT substitute sweetened condensed milk for evaporated milk)

1 pkg. (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Ghirardelli chips are the best….they come in 11 oz. pkg.)

1 jar (7 oz.) Jet-Puffed® Marshmallow Crème

1-1/2 cups Chopped Nuts (Pecan, Hazelnut, or Walnut)

2 oz. (1/4 cup) Liquor (Frangelico, Kahlua, or Amaretto)

• Toast whole nuts on sheet pan for 10 minutes @ 350 ° F

• Lightly grease 13x9-inch or 9-inch square pan with butter or non-stick spray
  • Finely chop nuts, have ready at stove side
  • Open bag of chips, have ready at stove side
  • Empty jar of marshmallow crème into bowl sprayed with non-stick, have ready at stove side

• In 4 qt. Saucepan melt butter on low heat

Add sugar, milk, and vanilla, blend well (you can turn heat off and rest now)

• Slowly bring to full rolling boil on medium heat stirring constantly (make figure eights)
  • Set timer for 5 minutes and continue boiling on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234° F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching while also scraping sugar crystals from sides of pan…….don’t stop stirring

• Remove from heat, stir in chips until well melted. Add marshmallow crème, keep stirring, add nuts, keep stirring, add liquor, keep stirring and pour into greased pan on level surface.

• Cool at room temperature, cut into squares and enjoy
  • May be frozen

• Variations of this recipe are made by substituting White Chocolate Chips for instance, and using different combinations of liquors and nuts.

• White Chocolate, Hazelnuts, and Frangelico

• Dark Chocolate, Pecans, and Kahlua

• Dark Chocolate, Walnuts, and Amaretto

• White Chocolate, Pecans, and Amaretto

• White Chocolate, Pecans, and Grand Marniere

Ok, it was not easy but we finally came to a conclusion. I wrote a list of the one's I liked the best and Chip made up his, then we wrote down the ones we had in common and came to the conclusion that we would probably make this and give as gifts as well as make it for ourselves since it was simple and easy. Every entry was excellent and I really wish we could give coins to everyone but our choice is

ANOTHER DRUM ROLL PLEASE.............

Chocolate covered pretzels by PSU Fan, Congrats! Please pm or email your address to us for your coin:)

REMEMBER: You have one more chance to win! This is for the 1st (hopefully annual) Top Forum Christmas Recipe contest. This is where you the forum members vote for your favorite recipe. ONE VOTE PER GEO NAME ONLY! If I receive more than one recipe in your vote the first one you mention will be the only one that counts!!! You can choose from any of the posts in the thread up to the point where the contest ended. Even if they have won before you can still vote for them. You can also continue to post any recipes that you like in this thread but they will not count if it is after the time the contest ended.

You are playing for the GOLD Naughty or Nice coin that is shown in the 1st original post and the certificate for Top Forum Christmas Recipe show a few posts above. Good Luck and let the voting begin.

SEND VOTES TO: wheely555@gmail.com

EDIT: Oh yeah, you have until Midnight (EST) Dec. 25, 2007 to vote.

Edited by Nochipra

Now that the first two contests are over I thought I'd post a few of the recipes that my family used to make together when we were younger. I can remember going to my grandparents house and my grandmother, mom, sister and I would all make these candies for Christmas.

CHOCOLATE COVERED PEANUT BUTTER BALLS (This one was my all time favorite to make)

12 ounces peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)

1 cup butter (real)

1 box confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 package chocolate chips or Chocolate brick (for dipping balls)

Mix peanut butter, butter, sugar and vanilla. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet, place in freezer for an hour. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Dip balls into mixture. Cool.

CANDY COATED PECANS

1 egg white

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 dash vanilla extract

4 cups pecans

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spray the wax paper with cooking spray.

Beat egg white until stiff. Add brown sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Mix in pecans and stir until coated. Pour the nuts onto the prepared cookie sheet.

Bake until browned, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

BUTTERSCOTCH HAYSTACK CANDY

2 (6 oz.) pkg. butterscotch morsels

1 (6 1/2 oz.) can peanuts

1 (5 oz.) can chow mein noodles

Melt morsels over medium heat. Stir in peanuts and noodles. Spoon onto wax paper. Shape into haystacks. Note: I sometimes replace the peanuts with raisins which is also very good. I've also made these with Chocolate morsels instead of Butterscotch too.

I was going to send in my recipe for the chocolate covered pretzels (different from the one posted, but that looks MUCH easier and just as good), but was happy to just watch all the fun posts and great recipes. I feel blessed with all the wonderful and caring gifts from everyone, so I thought I'd just sit on the sidelines this time around!!

THANKS for the WONDERFUL cointest Nochipra...THANKS for the recipes (was this your alterior motice for the cointest??), and THANKS for the smiles!! Congrats to the winners...enjoy!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

Thanks Nochipra!!! :laughing:

This was a wonderful surprise to wake up to!!! I actually made some last night and brought them into the office today. They tend to be a big hit.

Thanks again for the cointest, for getting everyone to share their "secret" recipes, and for continuing with the Holiday spirit.

Happy Holidays to all,

Dan

(PSU Fan)

Thanks again everyone for participating. I'm considering looking into making this into a cookbook of sorts since there were over 40 recipes? Whether its just something I make up or something I can get printed at maybe an Office Max or something. I'll check on their pricing next time I go by there?

Thanks again everyone for participating. I'm considering looking into making this into a cookbook of sorts since there were over 40 recipes? Whether its just something I make up or something I can get printed at maybe an Office Max or something. I'll check on their pricing next time I go by there?

Sounds like an excellent idea :) But remember, we are All winners getting to see all of these recipes from everyone !

I need some more votes? There is still one more coin to be won! I've only gotten one vote in so far. Come on and vote for your favorite recipe in the contest. Send your vote to wheely555@gmail.co

EVEN IF YOU DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST YOU CAN STILL VOTE.

Edited by Nochipra

Oh no I missed it! I wanted to include my recipe for 'easy mac'. Rip open plastic container, poor noodles in bowl. Add 2/3's cup water. Heat in microwave for 4 minutes. Take out, poor in fake cheese powder and stir! Thanks to Kraft for my dinners 5 out of 7 nights :o

Was there a recipe in here that required no baking and less than 5 minutes? :yikes: I'll be a tester if anyone needs one, cooking/baking skills are not in my genes.

Oh yeah, my nutella recipe: open container, insert spoon :santa:

Congrat's ahead of time to the winner.

The other two night, I bet you have top ramen ;):yikes:

I now have 7 votes in. I need some more votes otherwise this is going to be a very close race:) Please make sure you send your votes to wheely555@gmail.com. This is NOT my email attached to this forum!

Remember to cast your vote for your favorite recipe at wheely555@gmail.com. Even if you did not participate in the contest you can still cast a vote.

DEADLINE IS DEC. 25, 2007 AT MIDNIGHT (EST)