Another Cointest.......Christmas Themed Yards !

Damenace

Alright I am heading outside after I am done posting this to set up all my Christmas decorations in my front yard. I plan to post pictures after I am done setting up, but I thought what better way for a cointest than to show off your goods!!!

Here is all you need to do:

1. Set up decorations in your yard
  2. Take pictures of your yard
  3. Upload pictures to this thread
  4. DO NOT Google a yard for the the sake of posting, it must be your yard (yes this an on your honor cointest)!!
  5. Sit back and wait

I will run this cointest until Christmas Day. I will do a random generator to pick the winning post. If the post that is picked does not have an image in it I will pick another number. I will send an unactivated coin of my choice to the winner.

BooBoo And Grandma

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Edited by Damenace

You're forcing us to get out and decorate our places in 24 hours? It's very cold here and too much snow... I don't need a prize that bad, lol. Besides, the wind blows here so darned hard that I'm limited to very few decorations unless I want someone 2 miles away to find them in their yard :ph34r: I have more football to watch with a nice toasty fire going...

looking forward to seeing some of the yards of those of you who decorate this early :laughing:

Folks don't really decorate yards much here.... it's starting to catch on, but it's slow and painful.... trust me, it's REAL painful here, lol! They just don't have a clue!

We have advent coming up starting next weekend, it's really pretty, but nothing like the US. There are advent lights and stars that go up in windows and they reflect on the snow, it's very peaceful and very, very pretty!

Last year Fireboy spent 6 hours putting up brand new lights on our new house. Next day.... the lights were in NEBRASKA. DANG WIND! Just can't see spending our coin money buying more x-mas lights (gotta have priorities). It's a good idea for a cointest, but we agree with TSUN , we will have to watch this one to see all the pretty pictures.

Alright, Alright, Alright :laughing: !!!

So I was in a hurry and a little excited to get started to stop and think that I really was not giving enough time for people to get the yards decorated :anicute: .

So not only have I editted my original post to include the pictures of my newly decorated yard but I have decided to run the cointest until Christmas Day so everyone has a chance to participate :ph34r: .

Enjoy!!!

Here is our current yard all ready for Christmas. The lights on the house were put up a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of the warmer weather. The rest of the decorations were finished yesterday.

Christmas%20Lights%201.jpg

Christmas%20Lights%202.jpg

Nothing too fancy, just enough to get into the Christmas Spirit.

How come none of you have any snow? I'll be happy to share some of mine :grin: Nice pics so far.

Send some our way Tsun! We live in northern Indiana right on Lake Michigan and we still don't have snow, 10 miles awway does, but not us!

I WANT SOME SNOW!!!

I'll do my Snow dance for Indiana tonight :lol: You should have snow no later than February :lol:

Alright, Alright, Alright :lol: !!!

So I was in a hurry and a little excited to get started to stop and think that I really was not giving enough time for people to get the yards decorated :grin: .

So not only have I editted my original post to include the pictures of my newly decorated yard but I have decided to run the cointest until Christmas Day so everyone has a chance to participate :( .

Enjoy!!!

Gee, maybe one of us will have to do a tree contest fo all you WINDY people...

Looks like I will have to get the better half to work, he does the outside, I do the inside, what a deal :lol:

Seems that I will have to quit this one... I don't have a yard here where I live. We don't have our own house, just an appartment. We do have a garden at my parents-in-law house, but we are not involved in their christmas decoration as we have lots of other work to do on the rare weekends we visit them (and the garden, which of course has always lots of work as we grow vegetables etc. there...)...

But I can't wait to see all your pictures! Here in Germany we don't have that much outdoor decoration. It slowly starts to become more each year, but most people still concentrate their decoration on the inside.

Here is our current yard all ready for Christmas. The lights on the house were put up a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of the warmer weather. The rest of the decorations were finished yesterday.

Christmas%20Lights%201.jpg

Christmas%20Lights%202.jpg

Nothing too fancy, just enough to get into the Christmas Spirit.

UUUHHHH OOOOHHHH pretty :lol:

VERY! I agree! I really like the way the lights are put up so nice and neatly and not just "hanging" there, and how the colors are in an order! My father used to be very particular about doing it that way, too, and I think it just looks so nice! Good job!

Jim, that is just hilarious with the doggy in the window, love it! I like your polar bear a lot, too! If I ever come to your house you better guard that moose on the mantle!

And BooBoo is just too cute, I love that train, can't wait to see it lit up at night, Damenace!

Naomi :grin:

In case you need reminding, hehehe, here is our yard early last November. We've got snow on the ground now, but not this much, and it's snowing on and off today.

If you want to REALLY remember, you're welcome to come help shovel it a little later in the season :grin:

671129863_b8ab274ef5.jpg

671988016_507737018a.jpg

671130423_eac9a81f81_o.jpg

As for me, the stuff lost its glamour after about the second or third winter here, hehehe.... no to mention all the times I fell and busted my ummm.... pride..... yeah, we'll call it pride! Now I curse when I see the lovely white stuff falling, lol!

Naomi...Texan transplanted to Sweden :lol:

Edited to share...

December 8 - 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9 - We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the Whole World? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12 - The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. l don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14 - Snow lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish l wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15 - 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16 - Ice storm this morning. Fell on my butt on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, Which I think was very cruel.

December 17 - Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20 - Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the stupid stuff last night. More shoveling. Took all day. Goldanged snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow

blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22 - Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white s*** fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think the jerk is lying.

December 23 - Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

December 24 - 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the jerl who drives that snow plow I'll drag him through the snow by his heuvos and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish

shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the goldanged snowplow.

December 25 - Merry *^*(*^ Christmas! 20 more inches of the goldanged slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God I hate the snow!

Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think shes a fricking idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wondeful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26 - Still snowed in. Why the heck did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27 - Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze, plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me 1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28 - Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. THE WITCH is driving me crazy!!!

December 29 - 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30 - Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plow driver he is now suing me for a million dollars not only the beating I gave him but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his butt. The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31 - I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8 - Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Edited by mousekakat

In case you need reminding, hehehe, here is our yard early last November. We've got snow on the ground now, but not this much, and it's snowing on and off today.

If you want to REALLY remember, you're welcome to come help shovel it a little later in the season :grin:

671129863_b8ab274ef5.jpg

671988016_507737018a.jpg

January 8 - Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

But you did want a White Christmas

and the pictures are beautiful and if you start the pills early enough, I'm sure you'll LOVE another white Christmas. And if they try you down, you won't have to do any shoveling. JUST LAY BACK AND ENJOY THE SNOW OUT THE WINDOW.

OK - We're off topic. I have a snowman decoration up and a few lights but we'll wait until this weekend to get serious with the outside decor. We have to many neighborhood kids that roam around at night to put much up.

Edited by luckycharmer

If you want to REALLY remember, you're welcome to come help shovel it a little later in the season :(

671129863_b8ab274ef5.jpg

671988016_507737018a.jpg

As for me, the stuff lost its glamour after about the second or third winter here, hehehe.... no to mention all the times I fell and busted my ummm.... pride..... yeah, we'll call it pride! Now I curse when I see the lovely white stuff falling, lol!

Naomi...Texan transplanted to Sweden :D

Edited to share...

December 8 - 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9 - We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the Whole World? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12 - The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. l don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14 - Snow lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish l wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15 - 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16 - Ice storm this morning. Fell on my butt on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, Which I think was very cruel.

December 17 - Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20 - Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the stupid stuff last night. More shoveling. Took all day. Goldanged snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow

blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22 - Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white s*** fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think the jerk is lying.

December 23 - Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

December 24 - 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the jerl who drives that snow plow I'll drag him through the snow by his heuvos and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish

shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the goldanged snowplow.

December 25 - Merry *^*(*^ Christmas! 20 more inches of the goldanged slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God I hate the snow!

Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think shes a fricking idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wondeful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26 - Still snowed in. Why the heck did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27 - Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze, plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me 1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28 - Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. THE WITCH is driving me crazy!!!

December 29 - 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30 - Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plow driver he is now suing me for a million dollars not only the beating I gave him but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his butt. The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31 - I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

:(:grin::lol::lol::(:( I'm still cramped from laughing so much!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon we were out caching and by the time we got back to the car it was getting dark. As we were driving home mightyzinn notice all of the houses with lit up Christmas decorations. He's pretty disappointed that we can't put any up ourselves... we live in a condo community and lack of yard and policy in general here prohibit this all the way around.

But I told him about this thread and he's pretty darn excited for everyone watch the pictures go up :-) So, even if we can't take part, this is cointest we're looking forward to!

I can't win the contest...since I am taking a break this year. I'm only putting up a few strands, but all of our wooden decorations are out...so I'll post a pic when I take one.

However, since I know many of us in here can be a bit obsessive, I wanted to share a picture of my former obsession! We were 2 years reigning champs in town for decorating. Fist at one house, then another...then we moved to the next town up the road...and obsessed again! :blink:

Here is a shot of our house the first year we won.

Christmas-Lights-002.jpg

I can't win the contest...since I am taking a break this year. I'm only putting up a few strands, but all of our wooden decorations are out...so I'll post a pic when I take one.

However, since I know many of us in here can be a bit obsessive, I wanted to share a picture of my former obsession! We were 2 years reigning champs in town for decorating. Fist at one house, then another...then we moved to the next town up the road...and obsessed again! :blink:

Christmas-Lights-002.jpg

Is the house on fire or is that all lights ;):D ?

However, since I know many of us in here can be a bit obsessive, I wanted to share a picture of my former obsession! We were 2 years reigning champs in town for decorating. Fist at one house, then another...then we moved to the next town up the road...and obsessed again! ;)

Christmas-Lights-002.jpg

Is the house on fire or is that all lights :D:blink: ?

Now THAT is obsessive! And pretty cool, too! :D

However, since I know many of us in here can be a bit obsessive, I wanted to share a picture of my former obsession! We were 2 years reigning champs in town for decorating. Fist at one house, then another...then we moved to the next town up the road...and obsessed again! ;)

Christmas-Lights-002.jpg

Holy cow! No wonder Cali has rolling blackouts lol. You have a problem, lmao. Go BIG or go home :blink: Your real name isn't Chevy Chase is it?

Mrs. Shop99er here.

This isn't how our house is decorated this year but this is the level we decorate at... Much to the annoyance of Mr. Shop99er.

The HO HO HO on the roof did blink in sequence. It's amazing what you can do with a few lights, some PVC, zip strips and a husband willing to go up on a roof in the cold and rain all the time muttering " #(*%@ lights...why couldn't I have married a nice Jewish woman....#(*$*% WHY ARE THEY BLINKIN!!"

Christmas1.jpg

You can barely see them but towards the right are The Grinch, Cindy Lou Who and Max. I used these plywood cut-outs for years and decided that they were getting long in the tooth and needed to move on so I gave them to a friend for their yard. We put up the new polar bear cut-outs, lit the joint up and called it Christmas.

A week or so later a woman and her little girl came to our house and knocked on the door. The woman said that the little girl wanted to talk to me. This beautiful little girl, with tears welling up in her eyes, says to me "Where is the Grinch? I've seen them since I was LITTLE!". Cripes.

So I called the friend and told them the story and asked them to give them back, which they did, and I gave them to the little girl's family. We drove by their house for a few years and there they were, Max, The Grinch and Cindy Lou. I hope one day, when they thought it was time to retire them, that a teary eyed little girl knocked on their door.

You just never know how much you will impact a little life with the most simple gesture.

Merry Christmas everyone!

We made a quick dash out into the cold to snap a few pictures of our Christmas decorations.

The Soldiers guard the front door while the Snow Boys watch over the yard. They all have strict instructions not to let anyone but Santa in. The penguins and gingerbread boys that made an appearance in the snowy day cointest are still playing around in the deep snow, I think they are stuck!

The Nativity Scene is in front of our barn.

b1c92230-e204-4e38-b1b3-5b9c7ea227b1.jpg

94e44051-39df-4e55-b876-a45a546a38cf.jpg

e29716dd-5ecd-48fc-aa16-2e2760e37af4.jpg

Here's a few pictures of our front yard.

The first one is at night - the camera flash wasn't strong enough to illuminate the house. It was also lightly snowing outside. :(

This picture was taken Dec. 2, 2007.

Dec200034.jpg

Here's the same view, but I took this one today just before it got dark outside.

Note: The dog in the front of the picture is not part of the display. "Zane the Stellar Geo-Dog" just wanted to get into the picture.

Dec600020.jpg

And since I love penguins, here is a close-up of just the penguins (and snowman).

Dec200039.jpg

This is a picture of my neighbor's house. Several years ago he told me that it cost him at least $150 extra a month when the lights are up and that he adds new stuff every year. He also decorates his backyard to the same degree. I think this year he must have retired some of the decorations as last year there wasn't any extra space on that front lawn at all.

ec9d8db8-45ae-4015-a4f2-9dec64dc785f.jpg