Geocaching.com down at 12:39p PST

Cache Liberation Front

Yup its still coming up the the message. One would think that the server wouldn't be "too busy" at 4pm est. We better not complain though or the people that complain about complaining will be all over us... I'll just say that we are reporting it and not complaining :ph34r:

Edited by Team Dubbin

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Yup its still coming up the the message. One would think that the server wouldn't be "too busy" at 4pm est. We better not complain though or the people that complain about complaining will be all over us... I'll just say that we are reporting it and not complaining :ph34r:

Just tried again and got "server too busy" again.

No complaint here, just informational.

:ph34r: You guys crack me up. hugbig.gif

It seems that people who don't have the problem are convinced that it doesn't exist. If I don't see it, it can't be real?

Those that haven't been able to get on the gc.com website, no matter what the cause, are pretty sure there is a problem (somewhere). Two topics have been opened on this subject. Something happened somewhere.

Edit update: It's now working in my part of the universe.

Edited by Team Sagefox

Now technically you are complaining about people complaining about you. I haven't had any server errors today at all. Sounds like you got put on the "LIST" :ph34r:

That must have been me. I was printing out too many cache pages for a trip to Seattle.

With all the smarta**ness going on on this topic it looks like I was a contributor. But... actually... no really, I am preparing for a real trip to Seattle this Friday. It is only coincidence that gc.com lives there too. And was printing pages for rural caches when the "problem" would not let me continue.

Now technically you are complaining about people complaining about you. I haven't had any server errors today at all. Sounds like you got put on the "LIST" :unsure:

That wasn't a complaint, it was a fact and with you replying to it only proves my theory. I guess you're going to try picking all of my posts apart now...

Did you see this message?

That was lastnight and this problem happened today. It seems like that "fix" did not take care of the problem. It was looking very promissing though.

The way I read that statement, the fixes to the site aren't going to be a one day one time fix...but rather several weeks of intensive reworking of the entire system. It isn't going to be fixed today, it isn't going to be fixed tomorrow. The entire site is being reworked, revamped, rewritten, and remodeled.

I expect there will be more than a few rough patches, but in the end it ought to be really right.

I doubt that jumping on here to say "The site isn't working right this minute" is going to do anything at all to speed up the process.

Edited by Neos2