Anyone from the Northeast Traveling to Geowoodstock5?

avroair

I'm planning to drive down, probably leave Friday morning and return Monday, I've spoken to a few other NY cachers who are also planning to go. If there are enough people driving we might be able to get a convoy going. We might even want to talk to the New England group, they have a similar thread going.

We're going to the Blue Crab Festival in Little River, SC (North Myrtle Beach) the weekend before and then driving to NC for the event. We plan to stay a couple of days. Noticed other NJ and South Jersey Geocachers already responded. We'll look for you there.

We thought about starting a thread, but this one might serve. What can one expect at an event like this? Obviously, this is our first coin event.

Will there be vendors selling coins? Do collectors set up trading tables? These beauties get pretty heavy when put into binders. Do you have a hand truck to move them around?

How does the trading work?

This is a lot of questions, but maybe some more experienced collectors won't mind sharing their adventures.

Stellar Jr and I are going. Thought about driving down, but didn't want to get

there all tired out after a days drive and all the holiday weekend traffic, so we're driving

to Philadelphia and taking the Amtrak train to Raleigh. For 2 of us, RT train fare

was $152 total.

Edited by stellarscapes

The Chicken Clan is planning to drive down early Friday AM. We were also fortunate to get a cheap hotel (where kids eat free) so we are happy about that. Some plans in the works for Fri nite and Sunday we'll check out and not sure where we are going after that. We may tagalong with friends and spend a few more days down South. We may also just drive back up Sunday. Depends on the temperament (exhaustion) of the kids.

Stellar Jr and I are going. Thought about driving down, but didn't want to get

there all tired out after a days drive and all the holiday weekend traffic, so we're driving

to Philadelphia and taking the Amtrak train to Raleigh. For 2 of us, RT train fare

was $152 total.

Dang! Not bad I hadn't thought of that. I decided against driving since the DC area could be a nightmare to get through I am flying down on Friday morning. <_<

I am heading down that way for a wedding in Fayetteville that weekend (1 hr from the event). Not sure what my plan is yet, I could drive and stop by the event in passing, or if I fly, I won't be there at all. At first, I was going to drive....until the gas prices went up again.