United We Cache Geocoin

Team JSAM

After talking with the mint, due to the amount of colors on the coin antiquing is not going to work. Instead the coins will be shinny gold and silver. This change was made to benift the coin turning out much better. Just wanted to let everybody know of the change. I really hate to make changes after taking payment but I can assure you every change I have made was for the better.

After talking with the mint, due to the amount of colors on the coin antiquing is not going to work. Instead the coins will be shinny gold and silver. This change was made to benift the coin turning out much better. Just wanted to let everybody know of the change. I really hate to make changes after taking payment but I can assure you every change I have made was for the better.

So, let me get this straight -- you are making the coin shiny instead of Antique, correct? :P

When I first read this, I thought you were saying that the coins would be done without colors... :P

Because if the Red White and Blue comes off the front, then the deal's off.

But if the enamel colors are staying and the dull metal finish is going, then you are actually making the coin look *more* like the original picture at the top of the post. :lol:<_<

So, let me get this straight -- you are making the coin shiny instead of Antique, correct? ;)

When I first read this, I thought you were saying that the coins would be done without colors... :D

Because if the Red White and Blue comes off the front, then the deal's off.

But if the enamel colors are staying and the dull metal finish is going, then you are actually making the coin look *more* like the original picture at the top of the post. :D:o

NOOOO the colors are staying for sure. What the mint said was that with this many colors the antique can not be done.

Yes the coins will look like they are pictures shinny gold and silver I just wanted to inform everybody, I think it will look better with the shinny anyway. My first thought was to go with the antique because I love that look but I think making this coin shinny will be much better.

OK - a couple of things seem odd:

- I've had lots of tracking codes files from Groundspeak and they've never had all of the activation codes be the same.

- I've never heard that the number of colors and finish are in any way related. I've had designs that used over a dozen colors and finish makes no difference. What makes this design different?

Please do not post activation codes in the forums. Likewise, it may be a bad idea to have all coins using the same code. Once somebody knows the code, it isn't hard to have some "fun" at other people's expense.

You may want to reconsider this approach.

Ooooo I never thought of it that way, I will email bryan at GS and let him know that I dont want that. Thanks FSM for pointing that out, I never though about that. I was thinking it would be much easier to activate them with only one code.

For all that read that post I will NOT be doing this way but rather have them hosted on coincodes.com.

Thanks

Jake

- I've never heard that the number of colors and finish are in any way related. I've had designs that used over a dozen colors and finish makes no difference. What makes this design different?

I got it from the pinned post in the Geocoin forums;

5. A custom activation code may be requested for any series of 250 coins or more. The activation code must be the same for all coins in the series.

- I've had lots of tracking codes files from Groundspeak and they've never had all of the activation codes be the same.

All I was told was that due to the amount of colors on the coin that the ant. would not be poss.

Jake

Please do not post activation codes in the forums. Likewise, it may be a bad idea to have all coins using the same code. Once somebody knows the code, it isn't hard to have some "fun" at other people's expense.

You may want to reconsider this approach.

GS now allows for this. It was one of the new things that became available during the last guidelines update.

If we every make another trackable coin I think that I would do them all the same. It would just make it so much easier.

<removed by moderator>

I agree about not posting it in the forums. That may cause problems. :anibad:

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Are these coins sold out?

For right now yes, however there will be a small second minting in November.

and again I missed ordering an awesome coin...

Been so busy with my own coins, I not looking at the forums enough and missing the awesome ones,

Please let me know if any additional become available

If you want to be notified of the second batch you can sign up for our newsletter.

United we cache geocoin link

Been so busy with my own coins, I not looking at the forums enough and missing the awesome ones,

If you want to be notified of the second batch you can sign up for our newsletter.

Just curious since there are several listed on ebay.

Would you have an estimated shipping date?

:unsure: I saw that there were a few for sale on ebay. :laughing:

Thanks in advance for an update on the coins. :unsure:

The coins should be shipped to me on the 21st or 23rd I will post again when I have a confirmed ship date.

Also I have gotten some emails about the second batch;

When I first stated that the coins were sold out they were in fact not my wording was wrong what I should have said was sales were going to be stopped for now. I have 450 coins coming in this order when I am done shipping these coins out I will offer the other 150 for sale, making the total made 600. I just did not want to have 600 coins to ship. Sorry for any confusion that I caused I am still new at this coin thing.

So the second batch will have 150 coins for sale, if you missed out the first time. Visit my site (link in sig) and sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know (24hrs before the forums)

So to recap my mumbling;

First batch 450 sold

Second Batch 150 sold

Total Sold 600

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Jake

Team Jsam

Just curious if have any updates? Thanks

Yes, I just got an email from the mint yesterday. Rich told me that the glitter work added a few days on to the production time. Also their site states that the coins are completed in 2 weeks or less, I made the mistake of thinking that would be two weeks from when I paid for the coins but they dont start prpduction until they get the tracking numbers so production was a little bit longer than I thought it would be. Non the less Rich assured me that they would ship no later than the 31st of this month if not sooner. He is going to email me the day they are shipped out to me and I will post again then with a confirmed date.

Just curious if have any updates? Thanks

Yes, I just got an email from the mint yesterday. Rich told me that the glitter work added a few days on to the production time. Also their site states that the coins are completed in 2 weeks or less, I made the mistake of thinking that would be two weeks from when I paid for the coins but they dont start prpduction until they get the tracking numbers so production was a little bit longer than I thought it would be. Non the less Rich assured me that they would ship no later than the 31st of this month if not sooner. He is going to email me the day they are shipped out to me and I will post again then with a confirmed date.

Thanks

-Buzz

VT-GeoDevils

What are the overall estimated mint numbers of your XLE Versions, Gold Versions, and Silver Versions?

The Black Nickel will be 50 I have 20 comming in the first batch then 30 more in the 2nd batch. As for the Silver and Gold I will post those final numbers when the second batch sells out, making the coin sold out for good.

UPDATE!

I just got the UPS tracking numbers and the coins are on their way they were picked up in KOWLOON BAY,

HK 11/03/2006 3:44 P.M. and will be at my door on Monday. I will post a pic of the coins when they get here. Thanks for everybody patience with this coin I know it took a little bit longer than I thought it would.

Thanks again,

Jake

:laughing:

The coins made it here today safe and sound they look great, wait till you see them. I will be shipping them over the next few days and hope to have them all shipped out by friday. If you missed out you can sign up to be notified (link to our site in my sig) for the small second batch.

Edited by Team Jsam