GSAK Stats Macro

rutson

I've had a little play today with the GSAK macro language, thought it was about time I got to grips with it. Inspired by that My Finds PQ analyser that Fiona posted the other I day I've come up with a find stats generator of my own.

You can see the output here.

I'm looking for ideas for yet more stats that can be put on there and any other comments.

Edited by rutson

No, it's the number of caches I've found placed by a particular person. Maybe the wording could be improved?

BTW, the following are in the works: finds by day of week, most in a week (Mon-Sat), most in a weekend (Sat+Sun). Milestones (past and future predictions, though the user will have to select which caches were the milestones.

Units for the distance is tricky as it's a GSAK option, I may let the user enter it at run-time. (ah! hang on, I have a cunning plan....)

No, it's the number of caches I've found placed by a particular person. Maybe the wording could be improved?

BTW, the following are in the works: finds by day of week, most in a week (Mon-Sat), most in a weekend (Sat+Sun). Milestones (past and future predictions, though the user will have to select which caches were the milestones.

Units for the distance is tricky as it's a GSAK option, I may let the user enter it at run-time. (ah! hang on, I have a cunning plan....)

Ah I understand :laughing: .

Perhaps wording along the lines of "Caches placed by 'xyz' that I've found" (not easy to pick good description methinks).

Very nice :laughing::laughing:

Does it count "Other" type also? (I have all my trigpoints in this section) or would this throw all the data out?

..... and here starts a potential problem. I use the "Other" for parking/information and the "Benchmark" icon for Trig Points :laughing:

I think this is an excellent Stats report and the effort involved to produce it deserves to be applauded :o

Well.... I sort of got sidetracked today. Some darned fool suggested pie charts would be nice. An idea I dismissed at first then got thinking about it. Lots of PHP/GD/GIF89a hacking later, I can now generate 3D effect pie charts with the GSAK macro language :rolleyes: In true Bluepeter style, here's one I made earlier:

pie.gif

It relates to my Finds by Container

Will try to get Beta release 1 of the main stats script available tomorrow.

Edited by rutson

Well.... I sort of got sidetracked today. Some darned fool suggested pie charts would be nice. An idea I dismissed at first then got thinking about it. Lots of PHP/GD/GIF89a hacking later, I can now generate 3D effect pie charts with the GSAK macro language :D In true Bluepeter style, here's one I made earlier:

pie.gif

It relates to my Finds by Container

Will try to get Beta release 1 of the main stats script available tomorrow.

Is the beta available? If so, is there a link where I can download it?

Well.... counties is not so easy, given Groundspeak doesn't support them. Countries is on 'the list'.

Look at my profile for the latest output, including a states map. I know, not a lot of use for us UKers, but it was an easy section (relatively speaking) and looks nice :angry:

How about FTF ? as a log text search maybe?

I tried doing that on G:UK, but found that some log's had things like "must of missed the FTF by minutes", basically a large proportion of the first day logs all mentioned FTF. Not saying its not possible, just have to catch some negatives, also if only searching your own logs, you can know that you only mention FTF in real FTF logs.

Its looking very good :huh::angry: Stats got to luv em :ph34r:

Brian

This kind of data compiling / reporting, never works as free form fields can actually hold any spurious information. Even in industry when compiling the results of massive surveys, they need considerable human intervention to get meaningful information out.

Milton

Its looking very good :huh::angry: Stats got to luv em :ph34r:

Brian

This kind of data compiling / reporting, never works as free form fields can actually hold any spurious information. Even in industry when compiling the results of massive surveys, they need considerable human intervention to get meaningful information out.

Milton

I have a stats summary on my profile that includes FTF and does it this way, and I suspect its not especially accurate for exactly those reasons! However, as Ian points out, there is now a tick box in GSAK for FTF, so we just need to remember to use it!

Ian, don't know if you've seen my profile stats, but it may help. Dunno about the coding though, I just downloaded a prog!

At the moment, it only supports one database. I'm venturing into the thorny issue of multiple finds next and I think the best way to handle them will be to create a temporary database and copy all finds into there. Will be trivial to add support for multiple databases then, will add it as an option Jaz.

As for the FTFs it'd need serious heuistic matching to get anything LIKE accurate results. I went through all my logs of caches I found within the first week of placement and there were many: "Oh darn, just missed FTF" and the like. In short, it aint happening! I will add a line to the numbers section that reports and caches flagged as FTF and just output nothing if there are none I think.

Ian, don't know if you've seen my profile stats, but it may help. Dunno about the coding though, I just downloaded a prog!

Yep, I got the same program, it was the inspiration for my macro. Good program but HOW bloated? To think I downloaded 23mb(or something) of MS Bloatware .NET framework for that...

On the other hand, the flipping macro is now over 1500 lines :$

At the moment, it only supports one database. I'm venturing into the thorny issue of multiple finds next and I think the best way to handle them will be to create a temporary database and copy all finds into there. Will be trivial to add support for multiple databases then, will add it as an option Jaz.

As for the FTFs it'd need serious heuistic matching to get anything LIKE accurate results. I went through all my logs of caches I found within the first week of placement and there were many: "Oh darn, just missed FTF" and the like. In short, it aint happening! I will add a line to the numbers section that reports and caches flagged as FTF and just output nothing if there are none I think.

Cachestats just searches your log for any string and you add those to a FTF list. I went back and added"-x-" to all my FTF logs and now I can easily search for my FTFs

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but the stats routine that Rutson started have now been amended by Lignumaqua and are available as a GSAK macro. Absolutely brilliant Ian - I didn't realise my stats looked so good!! To run the macro you will need the latest beta version of GSAK.

Edited to add available here

Edited by Master Mariner