Feedback On Coin?

Tank Hounds

I have designed my own coin and I wanted to hear what everyone thinks.

We have 6 dogs (4 bassets and 2 bloodhounds) and I wanted to do a coin that had a hound on it. All of our dogs are from rescue, so I wanted to "honor" rescue groups in some way.... I really like it, but I wonder what all of you think about it...I didn't order that many (only 100) since they are just for me, but I suppose if I get a huge response and people just have to have them that I can always order more.

bassetcoinfront.jpgbassetcoinback.jpg

They look great. Who is minting them?

I'd like to get one for my collection keep us in mind!

SlabyFam

Getting them done through Rusty at Personal Geocoins.

My husband is in the military and he has all sorts of Challenge Coins...thought I would get into it too! :lol: not sure how the whole trade thing/sell thing works....

advice?

They won't be ready for a few more weeks though. Just ordered them.

Edited by Tank Hounds

Love the coin Would like to put my name on the list for 2 Also is a small mint no tracking my lucky numbers are 034 and 043 would be wonderfull . I grew up with many a dogs (that did not sound right) LOL, mans best friend, Thanks in advance. Glenn

Trade something perhaps or purchase,, my list needs major updating !

Edited by glennk721

Love the coin Would like to put my name on the list for 2 Also is a small mint no tracking my lucky numbers are 034 and 043 would be wonderfull .

Actually they are trackable..

Susan

Sorry about that many limited mints 100 or so sometimes have no tracking ,Hope you have more interest in coin perhaps mint more then I can order more LOL , great still in for 2 lovely design also like the statment on back, Thanks , Glenn

Edited by glennk721

*snip*.....and I wanted to do a coin that had a hound on it. All of our dogs are from rescue, so I wanted to "honor" rescue groups in some way....

One of these days I want to adopt a couple of Grayhounds from one of the local Greyhound rescue groups. We are currently without dog (we lost both of the ones my B/F had this past April and March :) ). He wants to get another setter of some kind, English or Gordon, maybe so I'm going to wait until he gets his dog before I bring a Greyhound home.

I'd like a couple of these coins. Will you be selling or just trading? I have no coins to trade... :lol:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

If anyone is wondering why we are the 'tank hounds" (probably not, but I wanted to share pics anyway!). My husabnd is in the Army and there are lots of tanks to take pictures on around the bases we have been stationed. So each year we take a picture on a tank. here are the last 2 years. (This year we have SIX dogs that we have to get on a tank! that will be interesting!!

2004TankPic.jpg

2005TankPic.jpg

You can see Pikes Peak in the background of the second picture!

I'm keeping track of the people that want to buy/sell (up to 75 coins) and I'll let everyone know when they come in!

Susan

Under further thought and discussion I've decided to make 100 more of these coins.

I will have 100 that will be trackable and 100 that won't be trackable and will be numbered from 01-100

The only thing is that the ones that aren't trackable and will have the number from 01-100 on them will still SAY that they are trackable on geocaching.com....I couldn't change the coin itself.

Don't know if anyone would want those or not, but I thought that I would make some more so people could have some of each and either.

How about leaving a few blank? I have several coins that have gone missing and since I know some of them were destroyed in construction projects, I would like a few coins to have the local lazer guy burn numbers into. I thought about making a large blank and having him burn artwork in too, the problem with that is the artwork has not been approved by Groundspeak. Glen