Would You Buy A Potential New Denmark Geocoin?

gjensen

Geocachers in Denmark (Europe) are considering making a national DENMARK geocoin. The discussion is still in the brainstorming phase - however funding has been secured. No final coin design has been agreed upon yet. In order to help us determine the size of the initial production run, it would be most helpful if readers of this forum could kindly tell us if you would be interested in buying such a coin, and if so, how many? We would expect the coin to be trackable on geocaching.com and the price to be in the usual US$10 range, plus shipping. If you have other ideas as to what price would be acceptable, please let us know.

Please answer the following question:

Assuming the coin is reasonably attractive and costs about $10 each, how many DENMARK geocoins would you be interested in buying?

Your participation in this survey does, of course, in no way constitute an order, or pre-order for this item. We will use any answers submitted solely to help us determine how many coins to produce. However, if you wish us to contact you, once the coins actually becomes available, please say so in your answer.

Thank you very much in advance,

gjensen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Is this the same Denmark coin that's already in process by cachers in Denmark through Gccoins? If not, there is already one coming out. So my answer would be most likely none at $10 plus shipping. That's too expensive unless there is a US distributor option.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Is this the same Denmark coin that's already in process by cachers in Denmark through Gccoins? If not, there is already one coming out. So my answer would be most likely none at $10 plus shipping. That's too expensive unless there is a US distributor option.

I haven't made any progress with plans to produce a Denmark coin, so feel free to scrub that one off my list.

Alex.

I haven't made any progress with plans to produce a Denmark coin, so feel free to scrub that one off my list.

Alex.

Oh ok. Well thanks for the update Alex. I know it was on your list of coin projects.

Maybe you could work with this group to distribute the US orders and get the prices lower so more people would be interested?

Come on people, we all know it doesn't cost $10 plus shipping for a coin to be made (even with profit)!!!

When are we all going to wake up????

Probably around the same time that everyone stops buying them because it says 'trackable at geocaching.com' and has its own icon regardless of the coin design and relevance to geocaching.

Depending on the design, and final price (hint: get it to be no more than $10 including the shipping) I would be interested in a couple.

Come on people, we all know it doesn't cost $10 plus shipping for a coin to be made (even with profit)!!!

When are we all going to wake up????

So, what you're saying is that there MAY be something rotten in the state of Denmark? :anibad:

Sorry, somebody had to... B)

Edited by YemonYime

I'd be in for at least 1 maybe 2.

Please answer the following question:

Assuming the coin is reasonably attractive and costs about $10 each, how many DENMARK geocoins would you be interested in buying?

Thank you very much in advance,

gjensen

Copenhagen, Denmark

If the coin is shipped in Europe I would consider buying them for $ 10 inclusive shipping. But just $ 10 is way too much for a coin. The first Dutch geocoin was about $ 6,50 and I suspect you will mint 1000 or more. Of course some coins in the past costs about $ 10 or more, but they were/are hard to sell.

But I'am looking forward for another Europian coin. And I'll visit Danmark in May, so maybe I don't need shipping after all <_<