Extra Personal Coins

Kilted Cacher

A few months ago I did a run of 300 personal coins that were trackable on gc.com (PC prefix). When the coins showed up 55 of them had the tracking number all messed up. I called the company and they said for me to send them back to them and they would fix the problem and get me new coins. A month went by and still nothing. I called and they said that they ordered the 55 new replacement coins and when they came in the tracking code was upside down and they had to do another order. So now they had the 55 messed up coins, 55 upside down code coins and then 55 corrected coins. They then sent me all of those to do with them however I saw fit. So, I got all my 300 coins plus 110 extra coins with bad tracking codes. What I did was used my dremel to shear off the bad codes and just started using them to drop in caches. What I don't want is for someone to think that they have a trackable coin, when all it is, is a sig item. It actually worked out in my favor.

Is the upside down code valid? If so, you have a really good collectible. Ever heard of the double die penny for seven grand? If they are all invalid, you are doing the right thing. If you have an extra I would love to have one.

I would also be happy to pay postage for a couple, or a few to distribute in South Carolina.

Edited by DiskDevil

Wow, I didn't really expect this kind of response. I really meant for the coins to be dropped in caches that I visit. I will be in the Nashville area from 5-8 Feb for work and plan on dropping a few. The upside down codes just happen to be correct and I have even thought about sending those out as travel bugs, and if anyone ends up with an upside down code then they stole it from a cache and didn't move it on. I may have to re-figure what to do now.

Wow, I didn't really expect this kind of response. I really meant for the coins to be dropped in caches that I visit. I will be in the Nashville area from 5-8 Feb for work and plan on dropping a few. The upside down codes just happen to be correct and I have even thought about sending those out as travel bugs, and if anyone ends up with an upside down code then they stole it from a cache and didn't move it on. I may have to re-figure what to do now.

Throw some in good ole Jaybee's experiment. That would get them moving around. If you really want to do something special, auction them off for charity. Whatever you decide...Good Luck!!!

Edited by DiskDevil

I have been bombarded with requests for the messed up coins. At this time I am not going to sell any of these coins, but will release them into the wild (how can I sell a coin that was free to me in the first place). As for giving them to someone to place in caches, I may do that on a case by case basis, and not very many will be sent to others to place. Right now, I am planning on sending a coin that will travel to the middle east and another that will go to New Zealand.

I have been bombarded with requests for the messed up coins. At this time I am not going to sell any of these coins, but will release them into the wild (how can I sell a coin that was free to me in the first place). As for giving them to someone to place in caches, I may do that on a case by case basis, and not very many will be sent to others to place. Right now, I am planning on sending a coin that will travel to the middle east and another that will go to New Zealand.

carrotcoin.gif

You realize that be default it's a 110 coin LE edition.