Geo Coin Collecting Book

bcscachers

Quick comment we received from local coin shop where we pick up our pages. Not all plastic sheets are the same and some will have a chemical reaction over time with some coin metals.

We got some from him at a cost of $0.85 sheet and they hold 12. We also purchased the carboard foldover holders with a film on them. We staple the package and slid it into the folder. They display nice and I won't have to worry about some really nice coins getting tarnished or discolored

Quick comment we received from local coin shop where we pick up our pages. Not all plastic sheets are the same and some will have a chemical reaction over time with some coin metals.

We got some from him at a cost of $0.85 sheet and they hold 12. We also purchased the carboard foldover holders with a film on them. We staple the package and slid it into the folder. They display nice and I won't have to worry about some really nice coins getting tarnished or discolored

The really nice albums can also be found at www.Dansco.com for less then half of the above quoted prices

With all the geo coins being purchased/collected, is there anyone out there that knows if there is a book for collecing these coins....or is one planned for the future?

Thanks,

bcscachers - Pennsylvania

Check out the Team AI geocoin page, linked at the top of this discussion area, in the pinned topics, or use this link Team AI geocoin reference page If you like, contact me off the board and I'll tell you where I purchased my binder in our (Pittsburgh) area.

Edited by TMOCM

The really nice albums can also be found at www.Dansco.com for less then half of the above quoted prices

www.Dansco.com sells dancing stuff, not coin albums.

I went to the coin shop downtown and their loose album pages were affordable, but the 1 3/4" coins wouldn't fit. Only the 1 1/2" coins would fit, so we came home empty handed. I'll keep looking, perhaps at craft shops, but thought the coin shop was an obvious choice.

For now our coins are in a tapestry medieval drawstring bag from my daughter's dress-up chest :ph34r:

I started with Jakes design and used the foam inserts you cut out to size. and then i saw someone else use the fold over cardboard coin holders with the clear window and i liked the look, so i went to a local coin shop and bought a few (40-50) and tried it out, they also fit perfectly inside baseball card pages. so i found a place that carrys them and bought 300, 1 3/4 ones which fit most cins and i bought a pack of 100 2" ones which fit the larger ones. and like i said they fit perfect into the baseball card pages, im thinking of using the foam to put name/info on and sliding that into the 1" or so space at the top of each slot now.

a site called air tites dot com sells them for around $5 per 100 pack, and if you like they also sell flat clench staplers and staples so your staples dont have the rounded bulge on the bottom. however ive just been using a pair on needle nose pliers to flatted the bulge in the staples.

I went to the coin shop downtown and their loose album pages were affordable, but the 1 3/4" coins wouldn't fit. Only the 1 1/2" coins would fit, so we came home empty handed. I'll keep looking, perhaps at craft shops, but thought the coin shop was an obvious choice.

For now our coins are in a tapestry medieval drawstring bag from my daughter's dress-up chest :ph34r:

At the one I get my pages from I ask the person behinf the counter to order the different pages 38mm. 40mm, 42mm, 45mm and 50mm and if you want to wate thay should be able to order a album inprinted on the spine with the word GEOCOINS on the spine.

Richard

Here is the BOMB.....go to your local coin shop...ask for the "Crown" sized pages. 12 pockets per page....if you can get a small discount for a hundred, you may be able to snag these for 67 cents apiece.

Now.....you get the 2-1/2" square mylar folding flips with a 2" round window....should only cost about 6.5 cents each if buying 1000. These will fit almost any Geocoin out there....odd shapes may require a little bit of custom trimming.

This is the best method I've seen yet for holding GeoCoins...

I was introduced to this method by Night_Hawk....it is an awesome way of displaying your coins.

Edited by Go JayBee

Here is the BOMB.....go to your local coin shop...ask for the "Crown" sized pages. 12 pockets per page....if you can get a small discount for a hundred, you may be able to snag these for 67 cents apiece.

Now.....you get the 2-1/2" square mylar folding flips with a 2" round window....should only cost about 6.5 cents each if buying 1000. These will fit almost any Geocoin out there....odd shapes may require a little bit of custom trimming.

This is the best method I've seen yet for holding GeoCoins...

I was introduced to this method by Night_Hawk....it is an awesome way of displaying your coins.

Pictures?????

you can see pics of MY book on personal page at kf6jax.com click geocoins.

i used 2.5" X 2.5" folds with 1 3/4" windows for most coins that are the standard 1.5", and 2" window for all the rest. except large odd shaped coins, those i just kept in there plastic envelope and put it in the baseball card page slot.

Edited by Nero

www.Dansco.com sells dancing stuff, not coin albums.

Sorry about that. I just assumed and you know what happens when you do that. :)

Try this one. If you buy the blank album and different sized pages you can make up a nice custom album.

http://www.brent-krueger.com/dansco.html