Where's George Hates Geocaching

Bob&TheGang

I respectfully disagree. If your intent is to reduce the issues around Where's George and Geocaching there seems to be some education needed.

I don't mind moving it over but it solves nothing when it comes to where's george bills and your definition of natural circulation. I for one would like to see less angst and more education seems to be the solution here.

OK. I've modified this page: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/wrapper.php?page=top10bills_dgc to be a more general discussion of using Where's George? with geocaching. Feel free to add a link it on your site next to the existing Where's George? link.

Thanks again.

Hank hates Geocaching.

I actually never said that. I said GC was a pain in the rear when it came to Where's George? being improperly used.

I actually like Geocaching. I've even thought about going and finding a few caches in my area, and muggling them. (JOKE!)

If I hiked more, and got outside more, I would probably have a number of caches logged, and might even have placed a couple of my own.

That is perfectly natural, Hank, since you run a website that shares geocaching's fascination with the concept of recording locations. I would think that travel bug tracking would be right up your alley.

I am happy that this thread took a positive turn. If there are other ways that the two hobbies can co-exist better, let's keep discussing them.

For any given bill, I would say that the odds of this happening have to be pretty close to zero.

The site wide "hit rate", or the chances of any one bill getting hit, is 9.79%. Of the 69,140,127 unique bills entered into WG, 7,701,138 of them have been found and logged.

I have no idea why you think that is "close to zero". If it were, in fact, "close to zero" the website and entire game just would not work.

Thanks for clarifying with the actual numbers. The game clearly didn't work for me as I lost interest fairly quickly. In all fairness though, can you see where a game where potentially 90+% of your entries might never be heard from again could fall flat with alot of people?

My feeling was that the bills were too few and far between, and not getting any hits made it feel pointless pretty quickly. Again, this is my personal take on it and I recognize that it must work for alot of people.

When I thought of the geocaching angle (before knowing any of the controversy) I thought "Hey maybe I'll dust off my WG account and see if I have better luck this way". I didn't but that was only one bill (honest).

All I am saying is that from a consumer standpoint, I think a game with more hits is bound to have more mass appeal.

I think just listing the sites under "Other Organizations" would work just fine.

I think if we try to include a disclaimer or rules, it might needlessly confuse people.

Just taking them out of the "hitchhikers" and moving them to "Other Organizations" would be good enough for me.

I respectfully disagree. If your intent is to reduce the issues around Where's George and Geocaching there seems to be some education needed.

I don't mind moving it over but it solves nothing when it comes to where's george bills and your definition of natural circulation. I for one would like to see less angst and more education seems to be the solution here.

Jeremy, maybe when you move the link it should look like this:

Where's George? (Disclaimer)

I think that would be the prudent thing to do and accomplishes what you're looking for, for anyone who has used this site to get to that one.

Wow, I am so smart.

I think I deserve another month free.

:laughing:

Hank hates Geocaching.

I actually never said that. I said GC was a pain in the rear when it came to Where's George? being improperly used.

I actually like Geocaching. I've even thought about going and finding a few caches in my area, and muggling them. (JOKE!)

If I hiked more, and got outside more, I would probably have a number of caches logged, and might even have placed a couple of my own.

That is correct and I apologize for putting words in your mouth. You did not say you hate geocaching. You do seem to have a pretty negative opinion towards geocaching though (at the very least where bill tracking on WG is concerned). In any case I was trying to support your right to your opinion, it was not meant as criticism at all (well, I suppose it was meant as criticism towards those attacking your opinion :laughing: ).

...Yes, my point is this: ...You tried to bully everyone into thinking, somehow, someway, under the perfect set of scenarios, that stealing a single cache would be a felony....

First, you didn't read what I said and added things that were never said to spin your argument. That's not a discussion, that's crap I expect out of South Carolina Politicians. You would do well to just stop typing in these forums and slink away. It would keep you from ruining any credibility that you have left here.

Second, I’m going to take my own advice and avoid further contact with you before your lack of credibility rubs off on me.

Third, You have no clue why I said what I just said but if you figured it out, it would serve you well.

Holy cow, I found my first WG dollar today, any ideas on what to do with it? Now I have to figure out how to log my find - can I get an extra smiley. I had to drive 20 miles and it cost me $34 to get it, the view was wonderful. I thought about spending it, giving it to the kids, framing it, making it into my very first travel bug. I was going to do something with it here but that was a really bad idea.

It is a federal offense to deface US currency, and while they haven't been shut down or charged with anything, EVERY bill that goes through a Fed. Reserve bank bearing that ugly WG mark gets DESTROYED because it is considered unfit for circulation.

"They're concerned," said Hank Eskin, the site's owner... There's a number of issues that we're talking about it....

Officials at the Federal Reserve told Eskin bills have to be worn out, ripped, torn, or taped together to be pulled from circulation".

There seems to be some discrepancy here.

OK. If you are FTF on my future caches, please note that the WG cash I plant there as FTF prizes is not from a 'geocache' but from the very natural cash transaction that results from me being too lazy to go out and buy a gift card with the $ instead. Do not place this $ in another cache, but rather spend it at Starbucks, so I have a shot at getting it back as change later the same day. :)

It is a federal offense to deface US currency, and while they haven't been shut down or charged with anything, EVERY bill that goes through a Fed. Reserve bank bearing that ugly WG mark gets DESTROYED because it is considered unfit for circulation.

"They're concerned," said Hank Eskin, the site's owner... There's a number of issues that we're talking about it....

Officials at the Federal Reserve told Eskin bills have to be worn out, ripped, torn, or taped together to be pulled from circulation".

There seems to be some discrepancy here.

Yes, the discrepancy is that dkwolf doesn't know what he/she is talking about on both issues.

As stated, and backed up by my discussions with the Treasury and users evidence, WG bills are NOT automatically destroyed when they reach the FRB. All the bills returned to the FRB are fed through a machine that grades dirt, tears, tape, and extreme markings. A bill would have to be completely stamped or marked over (or torn, taped, or ripped) in order to be rejected by the FRB and destroyed.

Many WG users have gotten sealed straps of used $1 bills directly from the FRB (this is how they are distributed to the member banks).. and they OFTEN find WG bills in these straps - proving that WG bills can make it into, and out of, the FRB without being destroyed. Just because bills are sent back to the FRB for being marked or dirty, does not necessarily mean they are destroyed... and most of them are sent right back out into circulation. In addition, the FRB charges member banks for sending back too many suspect bills that aren't actually "unfit to be re-issued".

Secondly, saying it is a "federal offense to deface US currency" is a common mis-conception. It's only illegal to deface currency if you have "intent to render the bill unfit to be re-issued". Read the law here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/usc...33----000-.html (also posted elsewhere in this thread).

And anyone who wishes to question any of this, please keep in mind that I HAVE spoken to the Treasury and Secret Service about the website. If they have a problem with it, I'm sure they would have told me. Anything anyone else claims concerning the law, WG, and currency is either pure speculation, fabrication, or ignorance of the actual laws.

I choose not to post this clarification earlier, since there were several other discussions going on at the time.

...Ah Ha, just as I thought you can't quote code...

I head back from the attorney. This is a paraphrase. I did not want to quote exactly for reasons that other attorneys probably understand.

To quote laws he would need to know the juristiction. They vary. (However I am unwilling to ask them to spend more time than they already have over a forum debate.)

In general: Private property interests exist in items regardless of where the property is located. It’s what lets you drive your car off your own property or hang your jacket on a rack at a social function. The interest allows for private property rights. It also does not matter that others are allowed to access the personal property.

Abandoned property is the exception to the rule. Most communities have laws that govern what constitutes abandoned property. Those same laws also typically detail exactly how abandoned property is dealt with. Abandoned property is not free for the taking. Using the car analogy a car breaks down and is left on the side of the road. It’s not abandoned. If a certain amount of time passes it may become abandoned as defined by the law. Joe Blow can not come along and claim the car after it’s been declared legally abandoned. If Joe at any time claimed it for himself he could and would be charged with grand theft.

This is my interpretation.

A cache is personal property until and unless it’s be abandoned under the law. Once abandoned a government agency will take ownership. At no time during the process is a cache ever not personal property under the protection of the law. The enforcement of the law is another matter.

OK, Let's take a look at the car thing.

Park your car in a parking lot, a designated parking space, a traditional parking space, no problem for short periods of time. Leave it parked in front of your local 7-11 or simular place for a couple weeks. Just one example. There are many places that if you left your car parked for the same amount of time you've left a cache sitting without you going to it, the car would be gone. Nope sorry after a couple days your caches are abondoned property.

Byron

Many WG users have gotten sealed straps of used $1 bills directly from the FRB (this is how they are distributed to the member banks).. and they OFTEN find WG bills in these straps - proving that WG bills can make it into, and out of, the FRB without being destroyed.

I noticed that the top bill entering person often does this and, in fact, upsets folks around him when he intentionally pays large sums of money with individual bills. Although I understand that this individual doesn't get massive hits from each bill it doesn't exactly seem to fit the natural circulation that you'd like to see on the wheresgeorge.com site.

I say this not so much as to stoke the fire as to say that nothing is perfect with these online/offline activities. You definitely have to choose your fights and the hit count of bills in geocaches certainly seems like low hanging fruit. I also don't consider that making the top data entry guy mad by flagging his bills is a good idea either.

Edited by Jeremy
... Nope sorry after a couple days your caches are abondoned property....

If that's what the law says, then that's what happens. Fortunatly most laws are worded a bit differently.

Here is a blip I found on google from Case law in Iowa. You may have a case with Mislaid Property but that's after the cacher forgot about it. It's all about what the law says, and in general even if legaly abandoned it's not yours to take.

Abandoned Property: Property discarded with the intention of terminating ownership.

Lost Property: Property unintentionally left because of carelessness or inadvertness.

Mislaid Property: Property intentionally left in a place where the owner can find it and the place is later forgotten.

Treasure Trove: Gold, silver or paper money concealed in the earth or a private place under circumstances indicating that the treasure has been concealed for so long that the owner is likely dead or unknown.

... Nope sorry after a couple days your caches are abondoned property....

If that's what the law says, then that's what happens. Fortunatly most laws are worded a bit differently.

Here is a blip I found on google from Case law in Iowa. You may have a case with Mislaid Property but that's after the cacher forgot about it. It's all about what the law says, and in general even if legaly abandoned it's not yours to take.

Abandoned Property: Property discarded with the intention of terminating ownership.

Lost Property: Property unintentionally left because of carelessness or inadvertness.

Mislaid Property: Property intentionally left in a place where the owner can find it and the place is later forgotten.

Treasure Trove: Gold, silver or paper money concealed in the earth or a private place under circumstances indicating that the treasure has been concealed for so long that the owner is likely dead or unknown.

With all due respect.

Can we not turn this back into a flame war, and let it go?

Laws are different everywhere, so what one law for Florida is, doesn't mean it's the same at New York, does it? If it's in local jurisdiction, usually laws will be different from place to place.

I'm not an attorney, but that was the impression I was under.

I noticed that the top bill entering person often does this and, in fact, upsets folks around him when he intentionally pays large sums of money with individual bills.  Although I understand that this individual doesn't get massive hits from each bill it doesn't exactly seem to fit the natural circulation that you'd like to see on the wheresgeorge.com site.

I say this not so much as to stoke the fire as to say that nothing is perfect with these online/offline activities. You definitely have to choose your fights and the hit count of bills in geocaches certainly seems like low hanging fruit. I also don't consider that making the top data entry guy mad by flagging his bills is a good idea either.

Hi Jeremy,

I hear what you're saying. Here's a snippet from the User Guidelines on Bill acquisition and bill distribution:

#3 Bill Acquisition

There are many ways to acquire bills for entry into Where's George?. Many people go to a bank and request packs of new/uncirculated bills/notes to enter into the website. This is an acceptable method of acquisition of bills. Some people gather and enter and then return all the bills of their spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/family members. This is also acceptable, assuming that the spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/family member doesn't turn around and enter the same bills. Stealing from people and/or robbing a bank is NOT an acceptable method of acquiring bills.

#4 Bulk Bill Distribution

Taking any large quantity of bills, entering them into Where's George?, and then depositing them into a bank or any other financial institution or dumping them at any merchant is a strictly forbidden method of bill distribution. This could cause the Bank management to question your actions, refuse the bills, and generally cause trouble for Where's George? and all its users. It is also clearly not Natural and Geographic Circulation as defined in Guideline #1. Should you choose to mark bills, your actions may arouse suspicions of people who are unfamiliar with this interpretation. Of course, the larger the quantity of bills presented to such people, the greater the likelihood for them to question your activities. Where's George? offers no assistance to users who find themselves in such situations. Any user who is detected as making bulk deposits or bill dumping will have their account terminated.

I had to create these two rules because alot of people were doing #4 - getting straps of bills, marking them, then depositing the entire strap or multiple straps right back into the bank. This is obviously not natural circulation, but worse yet, the banks and their customers and merchants were complaining to the Secret Service and Treasury about getting entire stacks of stamped bills that they did not want to distribute to their customers. This is what triggered the first Secret Service visit.

So in order to preserve the viability of the site, and my freedom, I created rule #4, to specifically forbid any bill dumping at a bank or merchant (since a large stack of bills dumped at a merchant are most likely going to just get into the nightly bank deposit anyway). I can assure you, that any of the users on the Top 10 list do not dump bills anywhere, as they all have a huge vested interest in the long-term existence of the website, and don't want to (a) contribute to getting it shut down, or (B) have their own Secret Service visit. The #1 person on the site runs several cash business, and distributes the bills to customers - directly into circulation - and not bulk dumping at any merchant.

So since I had to create rule #4, people quickly started asking about getting straps of new bills at a bank to spend naturally. While this too can be argued to skew "natural circulation", I'm more concerned about where the bills go AFTER being entered into the site. Where they came from, especially if all from the same place doesn't really matter.

And of course, even if rule #3 didn't exist, people would do it anyway. But I have no way to enforce that rule if it said bulk bill acquisition is not allowed. On the other hand, it's happened several times where a user goes into a bank to get a strap or two of bills, and they are all marked/stamped. Of course, I can identify the user who did it and in all cases, I've either disabled or terminated their accounts.

I hope this makes some sense.

Am I the only one who finds it very funny that there actually is a specific legal definition for "Treasure Trove" (in that state)? That just seems bizarre to me. I'd love to see if anyone actually used that as a defense for a found treasure (although one can deduce that there must be at least one case that generated the legal definion).

I had to create these two rules because alot of people were doing #4 - getting straps of bills, marking them, then depositing the entire strap or multiple straps right back into the bank. This is obviously not natural circulation, but worse yet, the banks and their customers and merchants were complaining to the Secret Service and Treasury about getting entire stacks of stamped bills that they did not want to distribute to their customers. This is what triggered the first Secret Service visit.

You really don't have to explain yourself but this stuff is certainly interesting. Although I'm well aware you are unable to talk about it I'm sure you have some very interesting subpoenas for details of marked bills and accounts who log them. You could do some interesting work assisting the government with marked bills.

Hank- is geocaching the only hobby that interferes with Where's George or have there been others that have tried to used WG for something that it's not?

Geocaching is the biggest organized hobby that causes these issues.

As I mentioned earlier, about once a month, I find a bill that people on some random internet forum/board get the not-so-original-idea-but-they-think-it-is idea to send a bill around to all the members of the board, and use WG to track it. I have to remove all the hits, and register on their forum to explain why I did it.

There's also the occaisional blog entry of someone who posts, "I found this cool 'Where's George?' bill with serial number Z55555555Q - check it out!".. and twenty people from the blog all rush to WG to enter the serial number.

Then there's the occaisional new story where they publish a photo of a bill with the full serial number displayed.. and people run to WG to enter those. About a year ago, there was a very prominent $20 bill on "The Sopranos", and I've had hundreds of people attempt to enter that bill.. but of course, it, and hundreds of serial numbers in print, online, movies, billboards, TV, are all blocked from entry.

Edited by Where's George?
About a year ago, there was a very prominent $20 bill on "The Sopranos", and I've had hundreds of people attempt to enter that bill..

Hank,

Messing with Geocachers is one thing.

But man now you are starting to mess with the wrong people there. I would not want to get on their bad side. You should just let those Sopranos do whatever they want.

:blink:

BTW, here's a webpage where they establish how "Geocache Bills" will be handled:

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/wrapper.php?page=top10bills_dgc

I think the ONLY thing with placing a WG$ in a cache is that you are assured (almost always) the person will log it. The rules say you are not supposed to know the person and as of yet I have yet to meet one single cacher. As a person who has logged some WG$ in the day I really do not see what the big issue is. . .but hey it aint my website or my rules so I guess it's kinda like people not following the directions on this site. The real rub is I learned about geocaching from the WG website!!

DD

I started this thread because I thought it was very odd that Where's George had something against Geocaching.  Heck, Geocahing.com has a web link to Where's George on their site.  I really thought they sponsored each other.

Every bill on WG that is tagged as a GC bill has a link and icon to geocaching.com.

I might not agree with it all, but like I said, I'm not going to ruin everyone elses day by competely banning the practice and deleting all traces of GC Bills on WG. I'm not here to make enemies and fight with people... I'm just trying to educate everyone on why the state of things are they way they are now, and how to properly use the site. Each site feeds alot of new users to the other, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Example GC bill: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/report.php?key...c7f5a57831be098

I understand the whole "using the bill as a travel bug" but I think we are talking two different things. . .If I take an item from a cache and leave a WG$ my intent is for the person to spend it not take it to another cache, actually that never occured to me until this thread (but I am new to this). I can see how using a WG$ for a travelbug is violating the rules of WG but just leaving a dollar instead of yet another McToy with intent for the person to spend it I don't get. Isn't that still natural circulation just like if I walked up to a stranger on the street and gave them a dollar because they asked? Just curious.

I started this thread because I thought it was very odd that Where's George had something against Geocaching.  Heck, Geocahing.com has a web link to Where's George on their site.  I really thought they sponsored each other.

Every bill on WG that is tagged as a GC bill has a link and icon to geocaching.com.

I might not agree with it all, but like I said, I'm not going to ruin everyone elses day by competely banning the practice and deleting all traces of GC Bills on WG. I'm not here to make enemies and fight with people... I'm just trying to educate everyone on why the state of things are they way they are now, and how to properly use the site. Each site feeds alot of new users to the other, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I understand the whole "using the bill as a travel bug" but I think we are talking two different things. . .If I take an item from a cache and leave a WG$ my intent is for the person to spend it not take it to another cache, actually that never occured to me until this thread (but I am new to this). I can see how using a WG$ for a travelbug is violating the rules of WG but just leaving a dollar instead of yet another McToy with intent for the person to spend it I don't get. Isn't that still natural circulation just like if I walked up to a stranger on the street and gave them a dollar because they asked? Just curious.

Hey DD-

Can I have a dollar? :)

Hey DD-

Can I have a dollar? :lol:

Looks like the WG rules allow me to give a Where's George dollar to a stranger on the street but I can't give it to my buddy to pay off the bet we made on football, put one in the birthday card I'm sending to my nephew, or spend it in a store where I know the clerk by name. Looks like I can leave a bill in a geocache, so long as it is subsequently "found by a Geocacher unknown to the previous Geocacher who placed the bill in the Geocache". So if I leave a bill, all my geocaching friends are prohibited from taking the bill I left because that would be unnatural circulation. Seems easier just to not put Where's George bills in a cache.

Looks like the WG rules allow me to give a Where's George dollar to a stranger on the street but I can't give it to my buddy to pay off the bet we made on football, put one in the birthday card I'm sending to my nephew, or spend it in a store where I know the clerk by name. Looks like I can leave a bill in a geocache, so long as it is subsequently "found by a Geocacher unknown to the previous Geocacher who placed the bill in the Geocache". So if I leave a bill, all my geocaching friends are prohibited from taking the bill I left because that would be unnatural circulation. Seems easier just to not put Where's George bills in a cache.

You can give a WG bill to anyone you want... it all depends on what they do with it.

If it's friends/family that you directly handed a bill to, they can't enter it. Or they can enter it if you haven't entered it first.

Just ask yourself this question: "Do I need Where's George? to tell me where this bill goes next?". If it's obvious, then the answer is "No, I don't.. I gave this bill to my brother as part of a bet." If you are curious how natural circulation works and where your bill might end up, the anwer is "Yes.. I spent this bill having no idea where it will end up next.. I'd like WG to let me know the next time it surfaces".

Common sense, people. Common sense.

If it's friends/family that you directly handed a bill to, they can't enter it. Or they can enter it if you haven't entered it first.

Just ask yourself this question: "Do I need Where's George? to tell me where this bill goes next?". If it's obvious, then the answer is "No, I don't.. I gave this bill to my brother as part of a bet." If you are curious how natural circulation works and where your bill might end up, the anwer is "Yes.. I spent this bill having no idea where it will end up next.. I'd like WG to let me know the next time it surfaces".

OK Hank this is really where you start to loose me.

I understand your point about moving WG bills from cache to cache not being part of natural circulation. I think people can make a reasonable argument on both sides of that issue. I am not trying to argue that point.

What I am not getting is about giving it to friends/family and both not being able to enter it. How is that any different than my giving it to a stranger and them entering it? Maybe they were already doing WG or maybe they started because they saw the bill I gave them (I know this has happened with some of my bills). Either way I don't know if they will and they don't know if I have. Same with friends/family, they don't know what sort of things I am up to and I don't know what they do.

Besides I see the guy I buy coffee from every day a lot more than I do members of my family. But paying for coffee or giving a family member money because they are due it for some reason all seems like natural circulation to me.

What am I missing here?

You can give a WG bill to anyone you want... it all depends on what they do with it.

OK Hank, I love WG, just got a stamp yesterday as a matter of fact. . .I love geocaching too. I have no geocaching friends (sniff, sniff) so just let me know this: If I leave a WG dollar or 3 in a cache so maybe the next cacher can get batteries, gatorade, a beer or these days a whole gallon of gas and I don't know them then that is OK??? I'm just checking because if I have to give up one hobby I have to go with the one that gets my big ole booty off the sofa. . .for the love of George I just want to be in compliance!!! :rolleyes:

OK Hank, I love WG, just got a stamp yesterday as a matter of fact. . .I love geocaching too. I have no geocaching friends (sniff, sniff) so just let me know this: If I leave a WG dollar or 3 in a cache so maybe the next cacher can get batteries, gatorade, a beer or these days a whole gallon of gas and I don't know them then that is OK??? I'm just checking because if I have to give up one hobby I have to go with the one that gets my big ole booty off the sofa. . .for the love of George I just want to be in compliance!!! :rolleyes:

Ok, I think I've explained the rules about 15 times already in this thread alone.

For the final time, it's about the SPIRIT of the rules, not specific and infinite scenarios you can dream up.

I'm only going to be repeating myself at this point.

If you're still not clear, re-read this thread a few times.

Unless anyone has a new question not already answered, I'm pretty much done with this thread.

Edited by Where's George?
For the final time, it's about the SPIRIT of the rules, not specific and infinite scenarios you can dream up.

Oh see and I thought it was about common sense. :rolleyes:

Actually, it does seem like it is about specific and infinite scenarios you can dream up where people should not be entering bills. Problem is some can't really understand where or what those scenarios are.

I am going to have to stay away from that site for fear of messing up what is your idea of natural selection ... oops ... natural circulation.

I sent out some email to get some prize donations for an event cache we are holding and I got this reply from Where's George:

------->Reply from: Hank  (Sep-10-05)

Geogcaching is a giant pain in my rear-end due to the manner in which

people use WG bills as cache items, totally screwing up my system which

was not designed or intended for that purpose.  No way in hell would I

support any geocaching activities.

What is is up with that? If seems Goecahing and Where's George should go hand and hand.

:)

Ok, I think I've explained the rules about 15 times already in this thread alone.

I'm only going to be repeating myself at this point.

If you're still not clear, re-read this thread a few times.

Unless anyone has a new question not already answered, I'm pretty much done with this thread.

I am so sorry. Look, this is your world Hank, I'm just in it. I just wanted clarification about what I do so that I could sleep at night with peace in my heart that I did not JACK up your game by doing something I thought was OK in my game. I apologize a thousand times if I offended you . . .thanks for the great advice to wade back through the 5 pages I just read to find an answer I obviously did not feel like I got. Perhaps I don't get the SPIRIT of the rules but I got the SPIRIT of your message.

DD :cry:

heres the weird thing, i FOUND geocaching because of wheres george.. i was a georger before i was a geocacher, at some point, a bill i had entered became a geocache bill, who ever noticed it was involved here and when i saw it was a "GEOCACHE" bill i became curious and found this site.. i may not be very actice but i enjoy it when i can..

I'm thinking that more people have came to Where's George? from geocaching.com than vice-versa.

Either way, the two hobbies can coexist without these silly arguments about what is "circulation" and what isn't. Where ever I chose to place MY money, I will place those dollars there, because Where's George? may have owned the stamps, but I own my money. That's what gets me, where does WG? come off telling me where to place my money. I understand their argument, but it's such a vast amount of ifs in the whole thing.

Whoa, I got on a rant. Sorry. :ph34r: