Stationary?

L337 H4X0Rz

We were trying to purchase our first GPS unit the other day and thought we would see what Wal-Mart had in stock. We did not find any in electronics (the electronics guy had never heard of GPS) or sporting goods (no employees in sight to ask), so we asked someone at the customer service desk to direct us to where they might be found. This employee had never heard of GPS either and when we tried to explain it to her, she said, "Oh, that sounds like stationary...try looking there." ;) Needless to say we got quite a chuckle out of that, and thought you might as well. We ended up just ordering one online and are now eagerly awaiting its arrival so we can find our first cache :blink:

LOL :):blink:

Reminds me of a few years ago: Mattel Toys came out with a Mars Rover Set, We looked and looked for it. Several employees of Targets, Wal-Marts and K-Marts wouldn't believe us when we asked about the toys that looked like the Mars lander. They all didn't believe we had sent anything to Mars. Either that or were unaware of the current mission. That is why it remains easy to seat a jury in high profile cases...... ;)

We were trying to purchase our first GPS unit the other day and thought we would see what Wal-Mart had in stock. We did not find any in electronics (the electronics guy had never heard of GPS) or sporting goods (no employees in sight to ask), so we asked someone at the customer service desk to direct us to where they might be found. This employee had never heard of GPS either and when we tried to explain it to her, she said, "Oh, that sounds like stationary...try looking there." ;) Needless to say we got quite a chuckle out of that, and thought you might as well. We ended up just ordering one online and are now eagerly awaiting its arrival so we can find our first cache :blink:

Hrm, did you mention geo-stationary orbit? Pretty obvious it should be with paper and pens then...

:)

We were trying to purchase our first GPS unit the other day and thought we would see what Wal-Mart had in stock. We did not find any in electronics (the electronics guy had never heard of GPS) or sporting goods (no employees in sight to ask), so we asked someone at the customer service desk to direct us to where they might be found. This employee had never heard of GPS either and when we tried to explain it to her, she said, "Oh, that sounds like stationary...try looking there." :) Needless to say we got quite a chuckle out of that, and thought you might as well. We ended up just ordering one online and are now eagerly awaiting its arrival so we can find our first cache :blink:

My MeriPlat is stationary. At least, it is when I'm not carrying it around. ;)

From what I hear, things like this happen all the time. It's sad. Employees are moved from department to department, or are assigned based on WalMart's staffing needs and not the employee's knowledge, and there's almost no training so the service is generally subpar. I've been in WalMart a grand total of 3 times I think, all with my ex-wife. I have issues w/ their practices and would never shop there, no matter how good the prices.

I always order via internet for electronics, Ordered my Garmin GPS through Best Buy and had it in 3 days. Is no different that looking or buying it through Groundspeak, I like it because I can see the product and do not have to talk to the salespeople that do not know what we look for., AMEN Joel

bickhart814

I bought my first one at Walmart. It broke after a week. I carried it back to the service desk. The woman told me I needed to take it to the cell phone store. I told her t is not a fone but a GPS and she looked at it and then at me and back at the gps and said You need to take that to the cellfone place. I told her it came from sporting goods and tried to explain it to her. She never did know what it was but was sure I was telling turth

LOL :(:blink:

Reminds me of a few years ago: Mattel Toys came out with a Mars Rover Set, We looked and looked for it. Several employees of Targets, Wal-Marts and K-Marts wouldn't believe us when we asked about the toys that looked like the Mars lander. They all didn't believe we had sent anything to Mars. Either that or were unaware of the current mission. That is why it remains easy to seat a jury in high profile cases...... :(

thats funny all the empoyees of my stores were taking all these mars rovers out of the cases and buying them for themselves. they were at one time bring $20+ at flea markets.

I buy all electronic on line also. that way i don't get mad at non-educated employees :lol:

We were trying to purchase our first GPS unit the other day and thought we would see what Wal-Mart had in stock. We did not find any in electronics (the electronics guy had never heard of GPS) or sporting goods (no employees in sight to ask), so we asked someone at the customer service desk to direct us to where they might be found. This employee had never heard of GPS either and when we tried to explain it to her, she said, "Oh, that sounds like stationary...try looking there." :( Needless to say we got quite a chuckle out of that, and thought you might as well. We ended up just ordering one online and are now eagerly awaiting its arrival so we can find our first cache :blink:

as long as Wallmart pays as little as they do they will never have any employees that have any real product knowledge, for what Wallmart pays I would not expect to fine any that knows much in their stores. you get what you pay for, low priced staff = low priced staff.