Cinco De Mayo

Yo tengo dos examenes en la mañana. El primero a las 8. Después de los examenes, mis compañeros de la clase y yo vamos a ir a una restaurante para cenar. Voy a beber una cerveza o dos.

Jaime

Edited by Jamie Z

Y, también, debemos estar enterados que éste es el día del fith del mes del fith del quinto año. Y los quinto segundos después de los quinto minutos después de la quinto hora (en 5-5-05) son occurance. Es raros solamente 90 minutos de ahora (en Indianapolis).

Legend has it that mayonnaise was invented by French chefs in the early 1900's. It was unknown in the New World, until very some rich travelers brought back some small samples from their visits to Europe on ocean liners. One of them, history isn't clear if it was the Vanderbuilts or the Astors, arranged for several thousand pounds of the rare and delicious condiment to be shipped to NYC aboard the Titanic when it made the maiden voyage across the Atlantic. We all know what happened on that fatefull night, and now it is memorialized as:

(yup here it comes :laughing: )

Cinco de Mayo! :):D:D:D

Translation of the first few posts for the non-spanish speaking readers.

To celebrate May Five, I plan to drink five shots of tequila and to find five geocaches.  Which are its plans?

I work

Poor I cite!

I have two exams in the morning.  The first one at 8 o'clock.  After the exams, my companions of the class and I we are going to go to a restaurant to have dinner.  I am going to drink a beer or two.

Good for you! 

And, also, we should be aware that this is the day of the fith of the month of the fith of the fifth year.  And the fifth seconds after the fifth minutes after the fifth hour (in 5-5-05) are occurance.  Is rare only 90 minutes of now (in Indianapolis).

Is five in the morning in some part! 
Para celebrar el Cinco de Mayo, planeo beber cinco tiros de tequila y encontrar cinco geocaches.

¿Cuáles son sus planes?  :D  :laughing:

Shouldn't this be in the Spanish Speaking forum? :)

Please show me where in the forum posting guidelines it says that this forum is for speaking English only?

Quite easily. The "Geocaching Topics" forum is for all threads that don't fit in any other forum. Since there is a forum specifically for "Spanish Speaking", this thread is off topic here.

Likewise, threads about geocaching do not belong in the Off Topic forum, and threads about benchmarks do not belong in the Travel Bug forum. It think it's a pretty simple concept.

Quite easily. The "Geocaching Topics" forum is for all threads that don't fit in any other forum. Since there is a forum specifically for "Spanish Speaking", this thread is off topic here.

Likewise, threads about geocaching do not belong in the Off Topic forum, and threads about benchmarks do not belong in the Travel Bug forum. It think it's a pretty simple concept.

Uh, unless I am missing something here, Spanish speaking is not a topic nor is it the topic of this thread. I believe (and my spanish is bit rusty) that it is about celebrating cinco de mayo, drinking beer and geocaching.

Who cares if its in Spanish, English or Rot-13...

I'll be celebrating with some chips and beer tonight! Doubt I'll get any caching in today though... darn work.... always getting in the way!

Hey. I just ran this through the Babblefish language thingie.

It seems that Cinco De Mayo actually means the Fifth of May. In case you all haven't noticed, that is today!!!! What a coincidence that we are discussing this on this very day. What are the chances :laughing: .

Whether they are speaking Spanish, French, Chinese, Swahili or any other language, they are still discussing geocaching so seems like the prefect fit to me but you may feel free to report this thread to the moderators if you like.

Likewise, threads about geocaching do not belong in the Off Topic forum...

If someone posts a thread about geocaching in the Off Topic forum it's off topic there. Because it's off topic, it then belongs in the Off Topic forum :laughing::laughing: - I think.

Para celebrar el Cinco de Mayo, planeo beber cinco tiros de tequila y encontrar cinco geocaches.

¿Cuáles son sus planes?  :yikes:  :laughing:

Shouldn't this be in the Spanish Speaking forum? :laughing:

Please show me where in the forum posting guidelines it says that this forum is for speaking English only?

Since the Spanish speaking forum is for geocaching in Mexico and Spain:

Spanish Speaking

Geocaching in Mexico, Spain

Forum Led by: Equipo Geocaching Hispano

and I do not think Septic is talking of going there for his May 5th celebration: But as I see it they were speaking about geocaching, okay I didn't under stand it as the only language I know is Ancient Greek. But none the less Septic was telling us how he was going to celebrate his heritages, I assume, celebration of May 5th and then other chimed in why they could not. So as I see it is ON TOPIC.

Again we are a community and if some are more gifted and speak Spanish then go for it. We can all celebrate together.

cheers

Edited by AtoZ
But none the less Septic was telling us how he was going to celebrate his heritages, I assume, celebration of May 5th and then other chimed in why they could not. So as I see it is ON TOPIC.

Other than the original post, and even that is stretching it a bit, this thread is not about geocaching.

Yo tengo dos examenes en la mañana. El primero a las 8. Después de los examenes, mis compañeros de la clase y yo vamos a ir a una restaurante para cenar. Voy a beber una cerveza o dos.

Jaime

Mmmm cerveza.... Me gusta cerveza, me gusta mucho. :laughing:

Edited by carleenp

For those that are attempting to derail this thread please stop. If there is a problem use the "report this post" button and let the forum moderators do their jobs. But debating it in the topic is not appropriate.

Now back to a lighthearted discussion about what geocacher's plans are to celebrate Cinco De Mayo.

La cerveza y la mayonesa son dos cosas que no se deben poner en un geocache.

Sí, la cerveza conseguirá caliente y la mayonesa apestará. ¡Pero los pequeños roedores están frescos! :laughing::yikes:

Deviled Hampster salad with Beer?

I'm in. :laughing:

For other spanish challanged cachers,Free Translation provides almost inteligible translations.

La cerveza y la mayonesa son dos cosas que no se deben poner en un geocache.

Sí, la cerveza conseguirá caliente y la mayonesa apestará. ¡Pero los pequeños roedores están frescos! :laughing::yikes:

Deviled Hampster salad with Beer?

I'm in. ;)

For other spanish challanged cachers,Free Translation provides almost inteligible translations.

Hmmmm! "Almost" intelligible?"

The translation is interesting . . . :laughing:

Yes, the beer will obtain hot and the mayonnaise will infect.  But the small rodents are fresh! 

;)

La leyenda lo tiene que la mayonesa fue inventada por los cocineros french en el 1900's temprano. Era desconocida en el mundo nuevo, hasta muy algunos viajeros ricos trajo detrás algunas muestras pequeñas de sus visitas a Europa en revestimientos marinos. Uno de ellos, historia no está claro si era el Vanderbuilts o el Astors, arreglado para vario mil libras del condimento raro y delicioso ser enviado a NYC a bordo del Titanic cuando hizo el viaje virginal a través del Atlántico. Todos sabemos qué sucedió en esa noche del fatefull, y ahora está memorialized como:

(yup aquí viene) :laughing:

¡Cinco de Mayo! :laughing:

Other than the original post, and even that is stretching it a bit, this thread is not about geocaching.

LOL. O'well I hope Septic has a good May 5th and I'll drink a Taquila to him. But it seems manything are not on topic. We just like to be a community. So why can't we and most post were on topic going back to the orgional post. I would have liked to gone geocaching to day but duty calles. But I can say "Via con Deius" to those that can.

cheers

Edited by AtoZ
du denkst es ist zu spät, aha. Und du meinst, dass nichts mehr geht, aha. Und die Sonne wandert schnell, aha. Ich lieb dich nicht .du liebst mich nicht. Ich lieb dich nicht.

Du liebst mich nicht Fünftel von kann

(you think it are too late, aha. And you mean that nothing more goes, aha. And the sun moves fast, aha. I dear you du do not love me not. I dear you nicht.Du do not love me fifths of can)? :o:huh::huh:

Originally I had wanted to make another attempt at making tamales for Cinco de Mayo, but then I got to thinking. Ya see, because it was Cinco de Mayo the logical thing to do would be to make those tamales, but that's just what they'd be expecting. So I decided to throw a curve ball and I made burgers. See, that way they wouldn't know what to expect next time.

:huh: