Ignore Posters?

There is no current ignore feature. I often ignore posters, but I do it by just scrolling by their posts. Even more often I ignore entire threads. I suppose an actual ignore feature could be useful for some. I doubt I would use it though because the holes in reading or references to blocked out posts could make things hard to read.

Is it possible, or should it be possible, to ignore particular posters on the forums?

Or maybe just a filter that replaces every sbell111 message with "I'm right and you're wrong"?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't think that this feature will catch everything. For example, someone may have you on ignore, but they'll see a quote of your information in my post, right?

It also might make it more confusing to follow a thread if you can't see a key point made by someone you're ignoring.

Best thing to do for ignoring is scroll really fast.

Boy did I have a hard time with my selfactuated visual stimulii ignore feature when some posters :unsure: decided to have a little fun with avatars on 4/1/05.

Sheesh, I even did a double take when I saw mine in a thread I hadn't even replied to yet.

So how much you and fizzy got riding on this one Mr. Snazz? :D

This should only be put in place if we could track this. I am talking stats here folks.

Who has the most number of people on their ignore list?

Who is being ignored by the most number of people?

But I can see some of the threads would just be nothing because all of the people posting on the thread would be on people's ignore list.

I could see this causing a lot of problems. Someone gets mad and in the heat of an argument ignores somebody but doesn't want to really ignore them then GC has to step in and help people out because they got someone on the list but weren't smart enough to take them off it.

Grizzly, you're kidding right? Because who has the most people would piss people off because that people would be looked at as an elitest. Who's on the most people would get those people even more ignored because noobs who can't think for themselves would ignore those people automatically.

Is it possible, or should it be possible, to ignore particular posters on the forums?

Or maybe just a filter that replaces every sbell111 message with "I'm right and you're wrong"?

Thanks!

Wouldn't we just want to ignore POSTS(i.e. not posters) where the Troll Flag is set to TRUE?

There is no current ignore feature. I often ignore posters, but I do it by just scrolling by their posts. Even more often I ignore entire threads. I suppose an actual ignore feature could be useful for some. I doubt I would use it though because the holes in reading or references to blocked out posts could make things hard to read.

Carleen, you're forgetting that too many people around here aren't mature enough to skip a thread they don't want to participate in. They'd rather challenge the the thread starter's right to post. :unsure:

Hmmm...I usually ignore some posts in especially long threads...well, actually I didn't wanna read all the posts in this one, so I just scrolled down a bunch, like carleenp suggested. I usually do that a little bit most posts I read anyway, but especially the long ones. ...short attention span?...hmmm...maybe...oh well, maybe I'll try to read a whole thread another time. :blink:

I've seen forums that have used this feature. What usually ended up happening is people who have a fit, put someone on their ignore list... then follow them around trying to see if they were making fun of them and thought they were on an ignore list... Very... weird. I'd recommend a healthy dose of self-restraint and orange marmalade.

I've seen forums that have used this feature. What usually ended up happening is people who have a fit, put someone on their ignore list... then follow them around trying to see if they were making fun of them and thought they were on an ignore list... Very... weird. I'd recommend a healthy dose of self-restraint and orange marmalade.

I saw something like that on an anime forum once. People spent a bunch of time and angst trying to figure out who was ignoring them and why. It was a mess. I thought it was a rather amusing mess to read, but it was still a mess that likely should not be introduced here.