Wow !

It is rare indeed that I visit these portals, however, a distressing post elsewhere prompted me to do so.

Firstly, many thanks to our UK admins. They do a terriffic job against all odds often trying to mediate between the opposing forces of TPTB and the UK cachers. It is a fine and difficult line to walk. As ex-admin, June and I know this from bitter personal experience.

The UK cachers really do need to support and understand Lacto and Eckers in their task. We all need to also say thank-you to them once in a while because there is nothing more disheartening than thinking you are stuck in the middle and nobody appreciates you. Thanks for your work guys.

On a separate note, June and I are particularly proud and flattered that a cacher is auctioning some of our T&J Bears on Ebay. MK2, 3, 4 and 5. :rolleyes:

We have kept one of each version of our bears for posterity, but as it's for a good cause and if they raise enough, we will also auction our only and very rare MK1 bear for the same reason. So get bidding.

Here are the links :

MK2 CLICK

MK3 CLICK

MK4 CLICK

MK5 CLICK

Happs cachin

Tim

Edited by Tim & June
It is rare indeed that I visit these portals, however, a distressing post elsewhere prompted me to do so.

Firstly, many thanks to our UK admins. They do a terriffic job against all odds often trying to mediate between the opposing forces of TPTB and the UK cachers. It is a fine and difficult line to walk. As ex-admin, June and I know this from bitter personal experience.

The UK cachers really do need to support and understand Lacto and Eckers in their task. We all need to also say thank-you to them once in a while because there is nothing more disheartening than thinking you are stuck in the middle and nobody appreciates you. Thanks for your work guys.

Here Here

Cave Troll & Joan

It is rare indeed that I visit these portals,  however,  a distressing post elsewhere prompted me to do so.

Firstly,  many thanks to our UK admins.  They do a terriffic job against all odds often trying to mediate between the opposing forces of TPTB and the UK cachers.  It is a fine and difficult line to walk.  As ex-admin,  June and I know this from bitter personal experience.

The UK cachers really do need to support and understand Lacto and Eckers in their task.  We all need to also say thank-you to them once in a while because there is nothing more disheartening than thinking you are stuck in the middle and nobody appreciates you.  Thanks for your work guys.

Here Here

Cave Troll & Joan

Yep agreed.

Hi guys,

I am holding the auctions in aid of the Tsunami appeal, as I was clearing out and realised I didn't really do anything with my T&J bears.

The bidding currently stands:

Mk2: 10.50

Mk3: 10.00

Mk4: sold - BuyItNow for £20.00

Mk5: 0.99

I suggest you good chaps go out there and bid on the little critters if you want to complete a bear collection or even start one!

I'm particularly impressed with the cacher who paid £20 for the Mk4 - well done!

We have kept one of each version of our bears for posterity, but as it's for a good cause and if they raise enough, we will also auction our only and very rare MK1 bear for the same reason. So get bidding.

Darn, I've always wanted one of those Mk1 bears...

The Mk2 is up to £16... :rolleyes:

But the Mk5 is languishing on 99p - come on guys, you can do better than that!

Darn, I've always wanted one of those Mk1 bears...

The Mk2 is up to £16...

But the Mk5 is languishing on 99p - come on guys, you can do better than that!

Took some doing but I have moved the mk5 up to £10.50 (can't give my money away these days!! :rolleyes: ), keep bidding you may eventually get above my max bid !!

I would love a mk1 as well to complete the set, so go on Tim let it ride !!!

Regards, Mike

And to think that I created a special cache some time ago which was originally stocked with about a dozen of these wee beasties that I had collected in my travels. I thought they deserved better than languishing in bag in my spare room and ought to go to new homes. I missed a trick there ;)

However I'm delighted to see where the proceeds of these bears are going. How appropriate that a UK geocaching item will be helping this cause now. ;)

A great way to raise money for a good cause.  :lol:

What's the story behind these bears? How did they become so collectable?

HH

T&J leave normally leave a bear in each cache they visit (cache size permitting). I think I'm correct in saying each 'mark' consists of 100 bears thereby making them somewhat 'limited'. Each 'mark' is also a different style of bear - and very cute they are too :huh:

OK guys, bidding on my 3 remaining bears is going well, BUT NOT WELL ENOUGH! If people don't bid more I shall be very upset! This is for charity, y'know :rolleyes:

There's less than 24 hours left on the auctions for my T&J bears Mk2, Mk3 and Mk5. So get over to eBay and bid - if the bids reach over £100 collectively, I'll even post for free! Can't say fairer than that, right? :ph34r:

So go on, what are you waiting for?

Mk2: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Mk3: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Mk5: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

I have just been called a 'dipstick'by my lovely wife, I was wondering why I was bidding on a mk1 and being told I had the highest bid, when it wasn't showing, found out there are two mk1's up for auction, duh...

so now am going for both :o

may the force be with you lol

stay safe

Bill

So far the bidding is as follows:

MK2 auctioned by Huga sold for £50.27

MK3 auctioned by Huga sold for £26.00

MK4 sold by Huga on "buy-it-now" for £20.00

MK5 auctioned by Huga sold £33.25

MK3 auctioned by Billy Twigger currently at £30.00

MK1 (no1) auctioned by Gary & Jane currently at £85.00

MK1 auctioned by Tim & June currently at £56.00

Taking the current total to £300.52

keep bidding guys.

So far the bidding is as follows:

MK2 auctioned by Huga sold for £50.27

MK3 auctioned by Huga sold for £26.00

MK4 sold by Huga on "buy-it-now" for £20.00

MK5 auctioned by Huga sold £33.25

MK3 auctioned by Billy Twigger currently at £30.00

MK1 (no1) auctioned by Gary & Jane currently at £85.00

MK1 auctioned by Tim & June currently at £56.00

Taking the current total to £300.52

keep bidding guys.

Wow! What an incredible amount!

MarcB

yesss, got tim and june's mk1 :D:unsure:

thanks for everything guys, well done :o

stay safe

Bill

Well done that man and thanks for bidding on our bear.

Thanks also to everybody else who has done their bit either by auctioning bears or bidding for them. Many thanks to Huga who was the inspired person who started the ball rolling.

We know that had it not been for such a good cause, the bids would have been much lower but June and I are flattered that our bears can do so much for other people.

Just goes to show there are some very generous cachers out there.

We also paid the funds via http://www.dec.org.uk/. here is a copy of the recipt.

4a2f5262-c45d-4e47-8b4f-aa602c863343.jpg

PS. Please remember to tick the "Gift Aid" box. This means that the government will pay into the fund the tax that you would have paid on the donated amount. In this case that amounts to an additional £15.68.

There are now just 24 hours to go before the auction for our Mk1 No1 bear ends.

Tim & June have sent us a very nice signed certificate confirming that the bear was the first one that they ever placed to celebrate their 100th cache find at Windmill Hill (GC4453) on April 20th 2002. The winner of the auction will receive this certificate along with the bear.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to own the bear that started it all!

Gary & Jane

We've also decided to auction our Tim & June Mk1 bear. This is a particularly special bear as it's the very first one that T&J placed all those years ago.

The auction for it can be found here : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Gary & Jane

This is your last chance to bid on the original T&J Mark 1 Bear! The auction ends in just over an hour. Don't forget he was the first bear ever released from Tim and June's captivity and that all the proceeds go the appeal!

Congratulations to Laughalot on winning the auction. What an exciting finish!

The money has been donated via www.dec.org.uk and a copy of the receipt is shown below.

84a00514-4398-4af5-9986-d1ce13fbc37e.jpg

We ticked the Gift Aid box so an extra £35 has been donated. That makes a total donation of £161!!

Thanks to all those who bid during the auction and especially for being so generous.

Gary & Jane

My Bear arrived safely today - thank-you very much - A handsome chap he is too.

Dave - The Gecko's - great news about the donation. Well done

Hope the bidding goes well for the other Mk 1 on e-bay - great move Team Slytherin - at £26.50 now....

Keep the bids going folks.....

Laughalot :D