Cach-cadian's Once A Month Club

Patudles

I didn't...I was just kidding. B)

But seriously, a cache in a Neighborhood watch area...where suspicious activity may get reported to the police. You won't find me there at night with a flashlight..no way.

egg on my face I was so shocked I didn't read on down! <_<

Might be safer and less likely to be noticed at night. :blink:

I heard by the grapevine that there was almost a pedistrian, car collision at one of the waypoints. B) I can see it in the papers now. . . . One geocacher runs over another one while trying to be "First To Find" in a high tech scavenger hunt. :blink: There is possibly one other vehicle involved but there is no proof of that at this time. <_<

I heard by the grapevine that there was almost a pedistrian, car collision at one of the waypoints. <_< I can see it in the papers now. . . . One geocacher runs over another one while trying to be "First To Find" in a high tech scavenger hunt. :tired: There is possibly one other vehicle involved but there is no proof of that at this time. B)

Only because certain people can't stay out of the street at night, probably deserved it... Would never happen to me...I'm an excellent driver :blink:

I heard by the grapevine that there was almost a pedistrian, car collision at one of the waypoints.  <_<  I can see it in the papers now. . . .  One  geocacher runs over another one while trying to be "First To Find"  in a high tech scavenger hunt.  :tired:  There is possibly one other vehicle involved but there is no proof of that at this time.  B)

Only because certain people can't stay out of the street at night, probably deserved it... Would never happen to me...I'm an excellent driver :blink:

True story! fun was had, cache was found. Thanks for the company, Robinego.

I don't stand in the middle of roads, talking, in the middle of the night.  B)  :blink:

REALLY? Hey Xy, we must be having mass paranoia with hallucinations, because you were there, Patudles was there and AMBROSIA was definately there....I even saw deer and people looking out windows! Wait, there was even a little xy! <_<

I just got FTF on Patudles new cache!!  Thanks Patudles for the fun.  Where was everyone else?

just kidding  :)

I saw your post last night and kicked myself. I hadn't checked for a few hours. Good one, Nav. You had me going.

Is that a bad sign? Might I possibly be a cacheaholic?.... Naw. A cacheaholic is a cache freak who goes to meetings. I've only gone to one.

Edited by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy

Better fill up the gas tank before heading out on Patudles new one. <_<

How long did it take for others to complete the route? Patudles I think your 1/2 hour estimate is too short. After returning home I entered all of the coordinates on Streets and Trips and it showed nearly 30 miles from start to finish. The only way to do that in 1/2 hour is to fly through non-stop at 60 mph. :ph34r: Streets and Trips estimates 1 hr and 20 minutes, but again, that would be without stopping. After 2 hours, I didn't finish. I'll complete the last two waypoints and the final cache location some other time.

Nice idea for a multi. :lol:

Edited by The Navigatorz

How long did it take for others to complete the route?  Patudles I think your 1/2 hour estimate is too short.  After returning home I entered all of the coordinates on Streets and Trips and it showed nearly 30 miles from start to finish.  The only way to do that in 1/2 hour is to fly through non-stop at 60 mph.  :ph34r:  Streets and Trips estimates 1 hr and 20 minutes, but again, that would be without stopping.  After 2 hours, I didn't finish.  I'll complete the last two waypoints and the final cache location some other time.

Nice idea for a multi.  :lol:

Took us about 2 hours. I had the coords already entered before I left the house. We did a fair amount of standing in the middle of the street talking, but it was close to midnight so traffic was not an issue. Waypoint 2 is the one that takes you the furthest out, but of course I had an advantage since I knew what waypoint 2 was and didn't have to "backtrack". It probably saved at least 20 minutes. :lol:

BTW, we would have looked in your windows and played ding dong ditch, but there was a cop car parked on the side street... <_<

I don't stand in the middle of roads, talking, in the middle of the night.  ;)  :o

REALLY? Hey Xy, we must be having mass paranoia with hallucinations, because you were there, Patudles was there and AMBROSIA was definately there....I even saw deer and people looking out windows! Wait, there was even a little xy! ;)

:o

Boy, did I ever mess up my first cache of the month. :D I am so sorry to all of you who tried it. Especially the Barnibirdy(s). It is fixed now with the help of Navigatorz. Seems Robinego and XY were able to figure out the little joke I was playing on the locals and figured out the end inspite of my errors. :D ~ Tudles

Seems Robinego and XY were able to figure out the little joke I was playing on the locals and figured out the end inspite of my errors. :D ~ Tudles

Yeah, we got stuck on solving for A, so we punted. We found a sign that matched the longitude coordinates and figured we must've totally blown our transcription for B. Golly, we had a good time though.

I am so sorry to all of you who tried it. Especially the Barnibirdy(s). :D ~ Tudles

Not to worry, the Birdy(s) figured it out, along with xx,5xy's great hide and snatched a FTF to top it off. That's the good news.

The bad news is we carried two ready to place, regular caches around with us. Drove back roads, hilly roads and roamed in cemeteries but didn't find a place we wanted to put them. AND we have fiendish puzzles to go with them.

We'll be back at least for the day on February 7, meanwhile location suggestions are welcome.

Barnabirdy(s)

Impressive. I hope I make it the the cache machine in your area.

Hope you can too!

What a great day. Found four new caches FTF on two of them. Saw two Bighorn Sheep within 450 feet of me while doing this cache Take a Hike. They were standing right where my gspr showed the cache should be. The view from the cache is really nice also.

Well Patudles I think the Cache-cadian Once a Month club was a good idea. There were 13 new hides in January (7 Regulars, 2 Multis, and 4 Puzzles). It seems the FTF fever is high here, but that just added to the fun.

FTF champion for January is Robinego with 4 FTFs, followed by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy with 3, and Barnabirdy, Patudles, and Navigatorz all tie for 2.

We all were outdone by Georoo however: 16 new hides in January. That's like one new hide every other day. Pretty amazing.

Looking forward to the new February caches. Robinego, you're going down. :P

Edited by The Navigatorz

FTF champion for January is Robinego with 4 FTFs, followed by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy with 3, and Barnabirdy, Patudles, and Navigatorz all tie for 2.

<bowing, gracioulsy> Thank you, it was a lot of fun running people down to get to the caches...you Ok Patudles? That was a nasty spill... :P

Looking forward to the new February caches.  Robinego, you're going down.  :P

Uh huh. BRING IT ON! :P

Only Feb 2nd and the count thus far...

I have 2 FTF's,

Patudles has 2,

Xy has 1

I'm feeling the pressure! :rolleyes:

Actually, there's been only one FTF of a February cache so far...Patudles - at Take a Hike. The other FTFs you refer to are for December and January hides.

So the score so far for February once a month caches:

Patudles 1, the rest of us, a big fat zero.

??? Wait a minute, I'm cornfused. :rolleyes: The cache that I was FTF on today was planted in November, so theoretically that one doesn't count because it's not a once a month cache and was placed a while ago? :ph34r: FTF only matters during the month the caches were placed? :ph34r: The caches may have been placed the last day of January, but they didn't pop up until the 1st and were found within hours...on the 1st. I was simply going by a calender month.

Help me out here...it's a clear as mud.

-R-

It's all a matter of how you want to crunch the numbers. On my first post, I stated you had 4 FTFs for January, that included the FTF on Feb 1 (Hampton's Folly). I counted it toward the January total, because it was hidden on January 31. If you're tallying by the month, then your January FTF count drops from 4 to 3, and Xys drops from 3 to 2.

I just thought it easier to count by month cache was hidden, so I wouldn't have to read every log of every cacher to make sure I didn't miss any non-January caches.

Oh my goodness what are you all doing up so early? This is my best sleeping time but I had to get up early to go take care of the grandkids so their mom and dad could go on a business trip. Besides I couldn't sleep well last night, my mind was to busy thinking up caches. :rolleyes: I have to many containers to use up. Ammo Cans, lock n locks, and assorted other plastics. :ph34r: More than 12 months worth.

Sure is nice weather we've been having lately, huh?  :blink:

Deleted FTF list.  Thought it would add to the spirit of the FTF competition.

Thank you for rethinking your post and deleting the list. Instead of "spurring on" the FTF competition, it had quite the opposite effect for me. In fact, I was rather taken aback when I saw it because I felt like my nose was being rubbed and it seemed to me you were saying "neener neener neener, look how much better I am". I know there is a certain amount of pride involved this sport, and I am impressed by the number of FTF's you have. Someday, I may be close. Heck, someday I may have as many as Patudles does...

BTW, I'm in B.C. skiing for the weekend so you all have 3 days to skunk me all you want!

Edited to add awesomly great news about my awesome weekend ahead... <_<

Edited by robinego
Heck, someday I may have as many as Patudles does...

Now, now, there are a couple of things to think about. I have been caching longer than either of you. About two years longer than you, Robinego. When I started caching there were only a handful of caches locally and they were quite spread apart. So a group of us started hiding them. I just happened to to get addicted and have a competitive nature. :blink: Now there are lots of caches and more competitive people to share the fun with. Which to me makes it more fun to be FTF than before, it is more of a challenge. But also requires watching the site more than I really should do. :huh: Soooooo, get out there and hide those caches so I can go find them. <_<

Edit: making proper use of grammer.

Edited by Patudles