Cach-cadian's Once A Month Club

Patudles

I just hid two caches today. Going to submit them for approval this evening.

By the way, I heard through the grapevine that someone hid a cache up above the saddle, but may relocate it. Guess I'm going to have to save the hike to Saddle Up for later and get two in one hike. :(

By the way, I heard through the grapevine that someone hid a cache up above the saddle, but may relocate it.  Guess I'm going to have to save the hike to Saddle Up for later and get two in one hike.  :D

Screw the grapevine, hear it from the horse herself. :D I don't care for its current location so I have to find time to go back up and move it before someone takes the new spot I spied! <eyeing all the rest of you very suspiciously> :( Now there, I've tipped my hand too far! :( Unfortunately, with my schedule constraints, I won't be able to get up there until Monday AM. :D

-R-

Hid my May hide today up on Saddle Rock: Saddle Down It was approved in about 10 minutes. Thanks Team Misguided! 61d3ec02-7688-42c4-a99c-405074abddd6.jpg

Before any of you think me a scoundrel, I called Robinego and asked her to describe the location where she wanted to do a hide. She trusted me enough to describe it to me in pretty good detail. Silly girl. Good guy that I am, I managed to avoid the temptation of stealing her location and I also made sure it was more than .1 mile away.

Before any of you think me a scoundrel, I called Robinego and asked her to describe the location where she wanted to do a hide. She trusted me enough to describe it to me in pretty good detail. Silly girl. Good guy that I am, I managed to avoid the temptation of stealing her location and I also made sure it was more than .1 mile away.

Well, good thing you said that, cause you had me a bit worried... :laughing: But I knew you were a nice guy. :laughing:

We want to be there to watch the cache machine take the direct route from Valley View to Rainbows. :blink: K&A

My team seriously considered doing that (GeoRoo can be persuasive), but it was close to dinner time. :unsure: So, we saved Robe for our return trip this past week, and drove sedately to a newer, closer parking spot and only had to tramp .2 mi up the hill.

Our biggest disappointment was that after hauling it up to Balloon Drop and Bighorn Sheep, we didn't realize that Ha Ha Ha and Ohme's Backyard were just a bit further down that lovely path, so we missed them. Ask xy, he broke the bad news to us after we were back down. ;)

Double Dang! I just returned from Spokane and saw there is a new one in Quincy. I drove through Quincy not more than 45 minutes ago. Now if they provided email notification of new caches near your home area, I would have known about this cache. I checked my email on my Verizon phone as I was passing through Quincy.

Geoslacker? I hid 20 this year. One of them was a cache generator that produced an additional 11 new hides. Geoslacker? Bah Humbug. :unsure:

What is.. a cache generator? How does that work? Is it like a mystery cache where before you can get the coords you have to make a cache?

Luna

What is.. a cache generator? How does that work? Is it like a mystery cache where before you can get the coords you have to make a cache?

Luna

A cache generator is a regular cache containing smaller caches, usually micros. A finder who takes one of the smaller caches is usually required to hide it within a specified radius (50 miles for example) and post its location online as a new cache. Its a way of breeding new caches in a specified area. Here are some examples in our area (mine is now archived).

Navigatorz Cache Generator

Free Parking

The Incubator

I'm looking forward to seeing the graph at the end of the month.

Ok here it is. This chart compares the cache hides of Jan-May for 2004 and 2005. Looks like May 2005 was one of our best months, tied with June 2004. If we want to beat the number of hides for June 2004, we're going to have to hide at least 28. Do I hear 29?..........30?

23dffc83-1ded-45ed-b21d-185f458d144f.jpg

June is off to a good start with Georoo hiding two up in the Table Mt. area, two new ones being approved by the Wenatchee Confluence State Park Ranger, and the Chicks Kick Butt series place Saturday on the Beehive to Bluett Freeway :D. The goal is 30 or more to beat last years 27 caches in June.

That should be 15 for June so far we are half way there!    :P :

I just did a query and there are 17 new cache hides in June within 20 mile radius of Wenatchee and its now June 15. If this pace is kept up, we should have 34 new hides this month...a new record, beating the old record of 27 caches by 7 caches. Go Cache-cadians, Go!!

Edited by The Navigatorz
Just to say Hi from Fresno. We are finding traveling a whole new experience now that we are cachers. Tough to make much progress. :D K&A

I understand the problem. I just added three travel days to my upcoming trip to California. I need the time to find all those caches along the coast.

I dropped another June hide this afternoon up Burch Mtn Rd. If anybody has yet to do the Cashewunuts hide out at the end, let me know. My wife vetoed the idea of going further than we did today in the van.

Wanna go some evening this week? or wait until the weekend? I still have yet to do the one by Cachewunut and Robinego up there (plus your new one).

I dropped another June hide this afternoon up Burch Mtn Rd. If anybody has yet to do the Cashewunuts hide out at the end, let me know. My wife vetoed the idea of going further than we did today in the van.

Wanna go some evening this week? or wait until the weekend? I still have yet to do the one by Cachewunut and Robinego up there (plus your new one).

Slow down Hot Rod, I dropped another one up there today so you may want to give it a few days to pop up. I know Xy is itching to get up there and needs a high clearance so you two will probably go together. BUT, my new one is off a seldom used road and has some over growth. :lol: Not ideal for your Navigator unless you are in the market for a new paint job... or have the need to practice your paint buffing prowess.

I think we all need to chip in and buy a Jeep!!! :mad::lol::lol:

I think we all need to chip in and buy a Jeep!!!  :lol:  :mad:  :lol:

DITTO! Does white show the scratches as much as the darker colors?

Hmmm, who gets to drive it? Not me just ask Navigatorz about my 4-wheelin expertize. Besides I want to sit in the back so I can hop out quick and be first to find. :lol: (Now wouldn't that be a sight!)

Edit: Ooooops

Edited by Patudles

Wednesday evening is definitely out for me. Something about our 19th anniversary. Not that I'd forgotten, I just wan't completely thinking when I considered it a possibility. And now we need to wait for Robinego's to be posted. Should we take our bikes for the skinny little road? I'm itching to try my new bike mount for my new GPS.

Wednesday evening is definitely out for me. Something about our 19th anniversary. Not that I'd forgotten, I just wan't completely thinking when I considered it a possibility. And now we need to wait for Robinego's to be posted. Should we take our bikes for the skinny little road? I'm itching to try my new bike mount for my new GPS.

Well now I'm offended. Here I get stood up by a caching buddy, who would rather spend time with his wife on their anniversary!!. What is this world coming to??

Edited by The Navigatorz

You people are MERCILESS!!! We thought we had seen enough of Burch Mountain for the summer [:laughing:].

We are in AZ for a GOOD (REALLY GOOD) friend's birthday (60, Nav, how about that?) Otherwise you would never catch us here in June!

Caching here is rough, die of the heat and everything has thorns, but it was great on the way down! K&A

Put out two more yesterday, and hopefully will put two more in the same general area on the 30th (technically still in June).

One

Two

That's great! With the four new ones that popped up today, the number of new hides (within 20 mile radius of Wenatchee) for June is now at 26. That's just one shy of the record (27) set one year ago, June 2004. There's still 6 days left this month too. Thanks to everyone who help to keep our area active and a fun place to geocache.