Coming Back Up North!

Kealia

And the Spring Fling on the other side of the water. My guess is that's one - there's enough CITO spots in CA that he doesn't need to travel up here for that. <_<

Oh.. heh.. forgot they were the same weekend... hmmm.. well I think I'd rather attend the CITO because I havn't been to one yet. :}

Looks like I may be back up again on June 23rd (Friday) for work. If that's the case, I'll stay overnight and hopefully dop some hiking Saturday (24th).

I leave for Hawaii on Monday for 10 days (I know, cry me a river) so I may not be online much - but I'll post more when I know more.

Aloha!

Nobody loves me anymore!!!! :ph34r:

Well Kealia, ah... umm... your picture is a bit scary! Wouldn't want to run into you in the woods (or even a urban mirco for that matter) finding a geocache! <_<

Seriously, I have never met you and wish I could have. I assume you aren't as scary as your picture!

But... my "Honey Do" list is growing at unspeakable bounds for Mr WD. in June! :laughing:

Truly.... hope we can meet sometime!

Donna (WD)

Edited by Wienerdog

Well Kealia, ah... umm... your picture is a bit scary! Wouldn't want to run into you in the woods (or even a urban mirco for that matter) finding a geocache! :laughing:

Seriously, I have never met you and wish I could have. I assume you aren't as scary as your picture!

Donna (WD)

He's much better looking in person! <_<

Nobody loves me anymore!!!! :ph34r:

Ah quit yer whinin and be a man about it. :(:huh: pout! B)

And, while you're pouting, you can add us to the OOT list.

Me and the Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er are gonna be in Portland for the Tiki-Bar Crawl that weekend. <_<

And home nursing hangovers Monday. :laughing:

Well Kealia, ah... umm... your picture is a bit scary! Wouldn't want to run into you in the woods (or even a urban mirco for that matter) finding a geocache! :anitongue:

Donna (WD)

He's much better looking in person! :ph34r:

But no less scary!!! :D:(:(

We should be around - or maybe at the Poker Run. We can give you a lift there, if'n you like. Or find some other places to keep us occupied.

Only if you bring some sun with you, Kealia's supply of CA sun is running low... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but it's nice and sunny in Hawaii right now.....off to the beach!

But you still are limited on how much you can carry in your luggage. But bring what you can... (sun that is, not beach!)

Edited by The Jester

Just got back home and will catch up on work email tomorrow to see what my final plans are.

Sounds like there is a poker run in Bremerton but that may be too far away since I'll be leaving Sat evening.

@TotemLake: Is that a local Bellevue/Seattle/Kirkland hike??

Just got back home and will catch up on work email tomorrow to see what my final plans are.

Sounds like there is a poker run in Bremerton but that may be too far away since I'll be leaving Sat evening.

Probably about 30-40 from Bellevue area.

It's just outside of Monroe. That big green patch on the map. About 40 minutes from where you usually stay. If you're interested, I'll give you driving directions to the TH that we'll take off from.

Edited by TotemLake

of Monroe. That big green patch on the map. About 40 minutes from where you usually stay. If you're interested, I'll give you driving directions to the TH that we'll take off from.

If that's Saturday, I'm interested. Any details? Start time, distance, ETA for finishing, etc.?

Will need to plan my departure. If there's a link/thread somewhere on this just send me over there.

It is on Saturday the 24th and it became part of my hike of the month series due to snow on Coloenel Bob delaying my plans to overnight there. The trails are rated moderate to intermediate. Most of it is in loops, so if at any time the hike goes further than planned, turn backs are relatively easy. I'll get the coordinates to the gate along with driving directions later this evening and post them in the Hike of the Month thread. Ballparking the distance is about 10 miles but I'll map out the trails to gain a better idea of distance and time involved.

This bookmark contains the planned caches to look for. If that link doesn't work, just go to my profile and look up my bookmarks.

This year, I'm pretty much focusing on the lower Cascades with the Peninsula kicked in because I missed the hike on Colonel Bob a couple years back and a possible 2 day fer up in Boulder River to try to obtain French Peak.

This sounds good. I'm confirmed to be there. I have meetings Friday afternoon and will be staying over to join the fun. My flight out Saturday isn't until 5:30PM so I have all day to hike - woo hoo!

I'm going to go look up hotels in the area instead of staying in Bellevue. Any suggestions that y'all know of Doubletree, Embassy Suites style? If I don't get breakfast I'm more like Gollum than Smeagol :laughing:

This sounds good. I'm confirmed to be there. I have meetings Friday afternoon and will be staying over to join the fun. My flight out Saturday isn't until 5:30PM so I have all day to hike - woo hoo!

I'm going to go look up hotels in the area instead of staying in Bellevue. Any suggestions that y'all know of Doubletree, Embassy Suites style? If I don't get breakfast I'm more like Gollum than Smeagol :laughing:

There's an Embassy in Lynwood which is closer. But Everett would be directly west on Highway 2 there should be some decent hotels there.

There's a Residence Inn or a Radisson or something in the Woodinville/Bothell area that is supposed to be pretty nice.

Edit: OK, I drove by on the way to work this morning. Of the two I was thinking about, one is indeed a Residence Inn. That is the place where work sends people and I understand it's a nice place.

Edited by Allanon

Wow! It's been a long time since I've been up but I'm due for a visit.

I'm coming up on 1/25 for client meetings and it looks like I'll be staying for the Wherigo event on Saturday.

I MAY be meeting some folks for dinner, but if that falls through I'll be open for dinner/drinks Friday night if anybody is around and willing. I could likely be convinced for a Saturday morning hike (or breakfast meeting) as long as we're back for the event and it doesn't involve wading through snow (referencing TotemLake's last hike). I just got back from Lake Tahoe and had PLENTY of it myself.

It's short notice, and it's tough timing with the event but I thought I'd throw it out anyway.

Hope to see some of you (maybe meet some new folks, too) at some point on this <short> visit.

Wow! It's been a long time since I've been up but I'm due for a visit.

I'm coming up on 1/25 for client meetings and it looks like I'll be staying for the Wherigo event on Saturday.

I MAY be meeting some folks for dinner, but if that falls through I'll be open for dinner/drinks Friday night if anybody is around and willing. I could likely be convinced for a Saturday morning hike (or breakfast meeting) as long as we're back for the event and it doesn't involve wading through snow (referencing TotemLake's last hike). I just got back from Lake Tahoe and had PLENTY of it myself.

It's short notice, and it's tough timing with the event but I thought I'd throw it out anyway.

Hope to see some of you (maybe meet some new folks, too) at some point on this <short> visit.

Hey, I was just thinking about you when I drove past the T-Mobile buildings in Factoria today, wondering when we'd hear from you again. ESP!

I'd love to get together for drinks/dinner Friday evening, if that works out, and/or to meet up for the Wherigo/Colorado event at REI (I live on Eastside, so we could even carpool). Only thing I probably can't do is a Saturday morning hike before the event.

Great you're gonna come visit, and hope we can get a few folks together.