Wsga Campout 2005

TotemLake

Silly question maybe.. but is this

A.  a kegger

B.  Gathering of like minded geocachers

C.  Organized with seminars in the grass

D.. or something else

A. It's not planned to be a kegger, although you are welcome to byob.

B. It is a gathering of like minded geocachers.

C. There may or may not be anything organized at the site itself.

D. Something else is always bound to happen.

=-=-Edited to fix:

D. Smething else is always bound to happen.
OK?-=-= B) Edited by TotemLake

I really think ya all outta come to 25 Mile Creek State Park where the ranger is a geocacher.... (and apologizes for not hiding a cache yet in his own park)

It has reservable campsites for RV's and also a group camp area for tenters and such that can be reserved....

Reservations can be made 9 months in advance of the arrival date.

I could also take some pics and post them of the areas if anyone is interested.

Plus you could bring a boat.... hide some cache's on the lake...

Although there is a lack of caches in the area, the Wenatchee area is only 45 miles away and there's plenty there...

The Squilchuck State Park area is nice too..

I really think ya all outta come to 25 Mile Creek State Park where the ranger is a geocacher....

Quick, hide a cache there and give me an excuse to come check out the area. Haven't been up there for a long time and can't remember what the campground is like. I know the boating is good there, how about swimming? Or is it to deep?

Edit: Oooops

Edited by Patudles
Bump!  We only have had a measly 8 votes cast!  We need to get cracking on reserving camp sites, so your vote is important!

Coming down from 49 north, my vote would be either Manchester (1st) or Squilchuk (2nd).

I'd be coming with my small RV which doesn't need any hookups, just a place to park. My only other consideration would be that the location allows dogs :P

Being from Wenatchee, my vote is for Squilchuck, but would be willing to do the Easton area as discussed earlier. I LOVE HOOKUPS!

Being almost 40 and married with 4 kids, I'm not much into hookups. My vote is still with Squilchuck. Easton'd be good too. Wasn't there talk of a bike venture on the John Wayne trail. Maybe the 2 events could be tied together.

Being from Wenatchee, my vote is for Squilchuck, but would be willing to do the Easton area as discussed earlier. I LOVE HOOKUPS!

Being almost 40 and married with 4 kids, I'm not much into hookups. My vote is still with Squilchuck. Easton'd be good too. Wasn't there talk of a bike venture on the John Wayne trail. Maybe the 2 events could be tied together.

<Thwap> :P I'm talking electricity for my espresso machine! See if you get any coffee now! I do agree about possibly tying the 2 events (the bike ride and the campout) together. If that's the case, Easton is a better choice.

Wasn't there talk of a bike venture on the John Wayne trail. Maybe the 2 events could be tied together.

I think the bike event will be springtime and the campout is August! We need to start thinking on the trail ride again soon. This spring sunshine is looks great!

Re the bike in the tree:

I saw a similar picture a few years back. Apparently someone left the bike leaning against the tree -- for years. The tree grew around the bike and lifted it up several feet into the air. This looks like a different bike -- but maybe the foliage is different is all. My recollection is that the "other" picture was taken on one of the islands out in Puget Sound. Do you (or anyone) know where this bike is?

Will this be scheduled to coincide with the Wenatchee Cache Machine?  I believe I read where a W.C.M. was being planned for March or April.

I think that's an excelent idea.

There are several reasons why having the campout at the same time as the Cache Machine won't work..

The Cache Machine is April 2 - I don't know about you but I'm not sure I want to be camping in the mountains on April 2!

The selected park is closed for the winter and does not open until May 15

Or the W.C.M. could be rescheduled for August??? I don't think the date is set in stone yet. It doesn't matter either way to me, since I have found 99% of the Wenatchee caches already. I thought I'd suggest it in case those who come to the event in April, may decide against the campout since they have already found most of the caches at the W.C.M.

Or the W.C.M. could be rescheduled for August??? I don't think the date is set in stone yet.  It doesn't matter either way to me, since I have found 99% of the Wenatchee caches already.  I thought I'd suggest it in case those who come to the event in April, may decide against the campout since they have already found most of the caches at the W.C.M.

Yesterday I was looking at the area around Squilchuck SP and it seemed to me there was plenty up there on the hill that most likely won't end up on the Cache Machine route. Of course, having not seen the route I can't be sure but...

Besides... I've already reserved my room. :lostsignal:

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
Or the W.C.M. could be rescheduled for August??? I don't think the date is set in stone yet. It doesn't matter either way to me, since I have found 99% of the Wenatchee caches already. I thought I'd suggest it in case those who come to the event in April, may decide against the campout since they have already found most of the caches at the W.C.M.

That just gives the locals 4 months to place more caches before the Campout!!!

That just gives the locals 4 months to place more caches before the Campout!!!

Hmmm...let's see, the Cache-cadians are trying to outdo each other by placing at least 43,892 caches a month (ok, a little exageration but the once-a-month club is becoming like the 5-a-month club!) so there ought to be some new ones for you all to hunt. I hear you all like micros in the forest.... :lostsignal: