Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

OK, EVERYBODY, start posting so we can get to a new page, and I'll post a nice head and shoulders picture of Academy Award ® winning actress Angelina Jolie Voight, with her hair messed up, on the top of the page! Make sure the next to last post on this page is late at night or early in the morning so Buddaman won't know. We never sleep.

;);):D

Hey there Lead Dog!  Is it my imagination or do we have a new 1-day record for ISQ finds?  I know that my inbox was full of logs from one person...

It appears that we do! Altho I didn't read all the logs since they were all similar (Thank goodness), it looks like ** JPLUS14** found, by my count, 88 Indiana Spirit Quests this weekend, and an astounding

64 in one day!

SO THAT MEANS THEY HAVE RIPPED THE RECORD FROM PRAIRIE PARTNERS AND ALSO UNSEATED PRAIRIE PARTNERS FROM THE COVETED TOP OF THE ISQ LEADERBOARD.

THE CURRENT LEADERBOARD:

JPLUS 14 151

PRAIRIE PARTNERS 142

BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 112

SWEETIE PIE 106

TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 103

WOW!!! B):oB)

Hey there Lead Dog!  Is it my imagination or do we have a new 1-day record for ISQ finds?  I know that my inbox was full of logs from one person...

It appears that we do! Altho I didn't read all the logs since they were all similar (Thank goodness), it looks like ** JPLUS14** found, by my count, 88 Indiana Spirit Quests this weekend, and an astounding

64 in one day!

SO THAT MEANS THEY HAVE RIPPED THE RECORD FROM PRAIRIE PARTNERS AND ALSO UNSEATED PRAIRIE PARTNERS FROM THE COVETED TOP OF THE ISQ LEADERBOARD.

THE CURRENT LEADERBOARD:

JPLUS 14 151

PRAIRIE PARTNERS 142

BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 112

SWEETIE PIE 106

TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 103

WOW!!! B):oB)

Congrats to JPlus14 ! ....

Once one gets hooked on these ISQ caches , one just cannot stop !

Star

Dang it! Don't go making me change my cache page any more! The last couple of times when I hit the "Edit Listing" button I got a blue screen that read, "Not again you stupid goof! Give it a break!"

What you on about Piggy ? :unsure:

Star

I think I finally got my ISQ submission written right. I never claimed to be the brightest pig in the sty. ... If I've gotta change it again I think the servers will send some muscle to my house to straighten me out.

JPlus14 visited mine over the weekend. Woo-woo!

Star

I think I finally got my ISQ submission written right. I never claimed to be the brightest pig in the sty. ... If I've gotta change it again I think the servers will send some muscle to my house to straighten me out.

You don't have to change your page, Torry--each ISQ cache page is a history of the stats at the time the cache was placed... Ya'll can visit the Porker's ISQ cache which is Indiana Spirit Quest #177-Torry's Addition, here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...eb-8a81bcb2ff7c

:unsure:;):D

I'm on the team! Thanks guys!

Now you guys will have to teach me the secret handshake. When will I get my membership card? Does it really get me a 10% discount at TSC?

Whoa, Grasshopper! Your GEOISQ membership card will arrive in four to six weeks--and as for the handshake, we don't discuss that in public forums.

As far as the Tractor Supply discount card, it's 15%, not 10%, but it's good for purchases over $100.00 only.

Torry, with *ONE* ISQ hide, you are still a neophyte: Your week-long hazing/initiation dance-around-the-bonfire in monk's robes ceremony is still in the future.

ISQ Cache hides by GEOISQ brothers stand like this:

SIXDOGTEAM (Lead Dog & Patrick) --117

RUPERT2 (Rupert 2 & New Puppy) --31

THE SHADOW (Lamont Cranston & Margo Lane) -- 14

KODIAK KID (Kodiak Kid & Sunny) --12

TEAM SHYDOG (Shydog & Parents) --3

TORRY (The Wonder Pig)--1

:lol::):)

I'm on the team! Thanks guys!

Now you guys will have to teach me the secret handshake. When will I get my membership card? Does it really get me a 10% discount at TSC?

Your on a Great Team with some Great People and their Dogs ....

So now Piggy when you gonna get a doggie to ?

Star

Torry has lots of dogs and cats. If he would post a pic of his dog and its name here, then we could see what a Schwinehunt (sic) looks like...

:)

Edited by SixDogTeam

BTW, GEOISQ (Grand Exalted Order of the Indiana Spirit Quest)--the Secret Society that hides ISQ's-- is still accepting membership applications.

Membership is open to any geocacher, age 17-88, that will agree to our three guiding Principles: Attractive cache pages with photos, Local History if possible, and Respect for our Departed Veterans.

The only other requirements are that you cache with a dog, and be able to post a $200.00 bond that will be used for bail in the event you are arrested (Just Kidding--about the bond, not the dog).

Email SixDogTeam for details. We are an equal opportunity Secret Caching Society.

BTW, GEOISQ (Grand Exalted Order of the Indiana Spirit Quest)--the Secret Society that hides ISQ's-- is still accepting membership applications.

Membership is open to any geocacher, age 17-88, that will agree to our three guiding Principles: Attractive cache pages with photos, Local History if possible, and Respect for our Departed Veterans.

The only other requirements are that you cache with a dog, and be able to post a $200.00 bond that will be used for bail in the event you are arrested (Just Kidding--about the bond, not the dog).

Email SixDogTeam for details. We are an equal opportunity Secret Caching Society.

Would you allow geocaching Dogs to join the order ?

Ya see I am thinking about hiding a couple or so ..

Hi Patrick ! :lol::):) your so handsome you make my little legs quiver !

66379f5d-68be-496f-9307-fce9a17a0a55.jpg

Hi Torry! Hey Torry. Feed me. Pet me. Whatcha doin'? Can I walk on the keyboard? Hi Torry. Pet me. Let's eat. I pooped in your shoe. Can I see? What's 'caching'? I will NOT wear a leash. Want a mouse head? Fluffy sprayed your boots. Hi Torry! Wanna smell my butt? Feed me.

Hi Patrick ! :laughing::unsure::yikes: your so handsome you make my little legs quiver !

Mystery Dog, we would be glad to welcome you into our brother--er sister in your case-- hood. If you can do cache pages as well as Team Tigger's "Crissy the Skunk Woman", you would be a valued addition to our cause. If you're serious, e-mail Sixdog team via their profile to learn how to proceed...BTW, all new order members receive as a bonus , a DATE with the Dashing PATRICK, heh, heh. :lol::lol::lol:

Yogi57

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:01 am Post subject: Indiana Invaded

Good Dog and I went caching in Indiana, and we left a new cache for them to find. SQ-Hoagland I don't how they would like Northwest Ohio SQ cache in their Indian Spirit cache area. Like the saying. "You snooze, You loose"

http://nwogeo.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=104

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...05-41a3cf40de34

Alright, all you ISQ people! Quit your "snoozin". You gotta hurry up and fill all those holes, anything will do just fine. As long as something's there.

I know, instead of taking countless photos and on-site evaluation & cache placement, you're "snoozin". Instead of countless hours of on-line research, you're "snoozin". Instead of doing all the painstaking work of organizing the information into an appealing and informative cache page that displays our history and heritage, you're "snoozin".

:laughing:

COMMENTS? Guess I better duck, huh?

Edited by bluegillfisherman

Aw, come on Noob! You're a VIRGIN! What part of Fly-over country are you from? Go out and find that first cache! Then come back and tell us about it! If it's one of ours, you get to go to Red Lobster for Shrimp! (you have to pay, tho...) And, MOST IMPORTANT, do you have a DOG?

:yikes::laughing::unsure:

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DOG!!!

Yep, I got a dog.

I live out in the sticks about 8 miles west of Mitchell.

There are at least 4 or 5 caches with in a mile of my house. I have enough trouble finding my shoes in the morning and I put them here somewhere.

Edited by Jack Ryan

Aw, come on Noob! You're a VIRGIN! What part of Fly-over country are you from? Go out and find that first cache! Then come back and tell us about it! If it's one of ours, you get to go to Red Lobster for Shrimp! (you have to pay, tho...) And, MOST IMPORTANT, do you have a DOG?

:lol::unsure::yikes:

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DOG!!!

Yep, I got a dog.

I live out in the sticks about 8 miles west of Mitchell.

There are at least 4 or 5 caches with in a mile of my house. I have enough trouble finding my shoes in the morning and I put them here somewhere.

Well, Jack, pulling hard on Jack's teeth, does the Dog have a name? Or do you just do like we do here in the Dog Yard. "Hey white dog! STOP that!"or " Hey, little Red Dog! Get your arse over here!" or "NeXt one of you fools who growls at his neighbor goes to beD without his supper, I MEAN IT!!!!!"

What's all this about SHOES? We don't need no stinkin' shoes! What are you, one of them CITIFIED people? :laughing::lol::lol:

hEY DON'T YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE BEING KIDDED....

I know, instead of taking countless photos and on-site evaluation & cache placement, you're "snoozin".  Instead of countless hours of on-line research, you're "snoozin".  Instead of doing all the painstaking  work of organizing the information into an appealing and informative cache page that displays our history and heritage, you're "snoozin".

Yeah, what he said! I just may sic THE SHADOW on these reprobates--see how they like it.... :laughing:

Hi Patrick ! ;):D:D your so handsome you make my little legs quiver !

Mystery Dog, we would be glad to welcome you into our brother--er sister in your case-- hood. If you can do cache pages as well as Team Tigger's "Crissy the Skunk Woman", you would be a valued addition to our cause. If you're serious, e-mail Sixdog team via their profile to learn how to proceed...BTW, all new order members receive as a bonus , a DATE with the Dashing PATRICK, heh, heh. :D:D:D

Consider it Done ! E-mail is on its way !

Looking forward to our Date you handsome Dog you ! :P

I even talked Team Tigger into making a couple of there caches into ISQ's as well . Including Crissy the Skunk Woman..

They love me what can I say .

Yogi57

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:01 am Post subject: Indiana Invaded

Good Dog and I went caching in Indiana, and we left a new cache for them to find. SQ-Hoagland I don't how they would like Northwest Ohio SQ cache in their Indian Spirit cache area. Like the saying. "You snooze, You loose"

http://nwogeo.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=104

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...05-41a3cf40de34

Alright, all you ISQ people! Quit your "snoozin". You gotta hurry up and fill all those holes, anything will do just fine. As long as something's there.

I know, instead of taking countless photos and on-site evaluation & cache placement, you're "snoozin". Instead of countless hours of on-line research, you're "snoozin". Instead of doing all the painstaking work of organizing the information into an appealing and informative cache page that displays our history and heritage, you're "snoozin".

;)

COMMENTS? Guess I better duck, huh?

Thats just pure RUDE ! At least we can take heart that a Lot of Thought and Information goes along with a TRUE Indiana SPirit Quest Cache ....!

I think them BUCKEYES need a lesson in manners ... and he calls himself Good Dog ! :D

Alright I will give GoodDog a break he does have some fine caches out there in Ohio Land , plus he didn't exactally make the snide remark either I take it ...

You don't see us Hoosiers venturing into Buckeye land to place caches now do we . At least not the Coveted ISQ hiders anyway ...

I think you should sick the Shadow on em LeadDog them varmits done need a lesson or two !

Star

You don't see us Hoosiers venturing into Buckeye land to place caches now do we . At least not the Coveted ISQ hiders anyway ...

I think you should sick the Shadow on em LeadDog them varmits done need a lesson or two !

Star

Remember in Star Wars ® when Luke was learning the Jedi ways from Yoda in preparation to fight the Dark Side? He told Yoda, he wasn't afraid. Remember Yoda's answer:

"YOU WILL BE. YOU WILL BE."

If those buckys think they can outquest us, they're in for some Shock and Awe!

you don't see us Hoosiers venturing into Buckeye land to place caches now do we . At least not the Coveted ISQ hiders anyway ...

Star

Remember in Star Wars ® when Luke was learning the Jedi ways from Yoda in preparation to fight the Dark Side? He told Yoda, he wasn't afraid. Remember Yoda's answer:

"YOU WILL BE. YOU WILL BE."

If those buckys think they can outquest us, they're in for some Shock and Awe!

ABSOLUTLY !

Plus its already been established .... Hoosiers DO IT BETTER !

;):D:D

Star

There is an art in placing a ISQ, what i mean by that is the background and the history of the person or persons or the site on which you want to place it. me I'm too lazy to do all the background and i don't have a dog :D (just three cats)But the Ohio placement in indiana is just not right, so I think we should boycott it or if the cementery is big put about 6 ISQ's around it (500ft right)And let them know who the Lead Dog is!! ;)

Plus OSQ just sounds like girlyman talk to me. :D

There is an art in placing a ISQ, what i mean by that is the background and the history of the person or persons or the site on which you want to place it. me I'm too lazy to do all the background and i don't have a dog :ph34r: (just three cats)But the Ohio placement in indiana is just not right, so I think we should boycott it or if the cementery is big put about 6 ISQ's around it (500ft right)And let them know who the Lead Dog is!! :rolleyes:

Plus OSQ just sounds like girlyman talk to me. :ph34r:

Whoa, back up there, Buddaman! I feel your pain, but...let's not blow this whole thing out of proportion. Let's not get into a "my turf-your turf" situation---anybody can place a cache anywhere they want to in our book--but don't worry.

As Otter said in Animal House:

"This situation calls for a senseless and futile gesture on somebody's part"

And We're just the guys to make that gesture. Rest assured, our meAsured response is in the works. After all we are GENTLEMEN (AND WOMEN). Patrick is walking around growling under his breath and bearing his teeth at the cats, but that will pass. When we strike, they'll know it--after all, we have a far superior arsenal--their one line description caches can't hold a candle to a full blown nuclear ISQ!!! Not only that, we have recruited one new for sure I think ISQ hider and one maybe.

BTW, Buddaman, a dog can be provided to you at no charge...All you have to do is hide the caches, take the photos--all the rest, the cache page make up and the Resear :unsure: ch can be handled at our brand new fully stafffed three story ISQ HEADQUARTERS facility in Indianapolis...

:laughing::blink::blink::laughing:

There is an art in placing a ISQ, what i mean by that is the background and the history of the person or persons or the site on which you want to place it. me I'm too lazy to do all the background and i don't have a dog :ph34r:  (just three cats)But the Ohio placement in indiana is just not right, so I think we should boycott it or if the cementery is big put about 6 ISQ's around it (500ft right)And let them know who the Lead Dog is!! :rolleyes:

Plus OSQ just sounds like girlyman talk to me. :ph34r:

Whoa, back up there, Buddaman! I feel your pain, but...let's not blow this whole thing out of proportion. Let's not get into a "my turf-your turf" situation---anybody can place a cache anywhere they want to in our book--but don't worry.

As Otter said in Animal House:

"This situation calls for a senseless and futile gesture on somebody's part"

And We're just the guys to make that gesture. Rest assured, our meAsured response is in the works. After all we are GENTLEMEN (AND WOMEN). Patrick is walking around growling under his breath and bearing his teeth at the cats, but that will pass. When we strike, they'll know it--after all, we have a far superior arsenal--their one line description caches can't hold a candle to a full blown nuclear ISQ!!! Not only that, we have recruited one new for sure I think ISQ hider and one maybe.

BTW, Buddaman, a dog can be provided to you at no charge...All you have to do is hide the caches, take the photos--all the rest, the cache page make up and the Resear :unsure: ch can be handled at our brand new fully stafffed three story ISQ HEADQUARTERS facility in Indianapolis...

:laughing::blink::blink::laughing:

Yes you are right old and wise grand ISQ master, My daughter might have a couple of softball games in Ohio this summer and I'll help spread the love of the Isq to thoes resting in Ohio soil.

thank you again Old man for calming down a smelly Buddaman. :huh:

Well, Jack, pulling hard on Jack's teeth, does the Dog have a name? Or do you just do like we do here in the Dog Yard. "Hey white dog! STOP that!"or " Hey, little Red Dog! Get your arse over here!" or "NeXt one of you fools who growls at his neighbor goes to beD without his supper, I MEAN IT!!!!!"

What's all this about SHOES? We don't need no stinkin' shoes! What are you, one of them CITIFIED people? :laughing::laughing::rolleyes:

hEY DON'T YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE BEING KIDDED....

Teeth like these ain't cheap ya know. We old dogs need to hang on the ones we got left.

Yep, he's got a name. We use it sometimes, along with a few interchangeable ones.

They say I gotta wear shoes all the time now 'cause I'm a lot sweeter guy than I use to be.

Hmmmm....wonder why the name of Jack Ryan's dog is such a big SECRET? Witness protection, I'll wager... :laughing:

Oh by the way, please welcome TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL and ~ MYSTERY DOG~ to the brotherhood of ISQ hiders... :blink: Check out Crissy the Skunk Woman! We'll be looking forward to their first new ISQ hides-- hope they're not in OHIO, heh, heh, heh!! I'm a little leery of letting a DOG hide caches by herself (We'll probably have to stoop down to find them!) but Star assures me she will help...

:blink::laughing::ph34r::unsure::rolleyes:

I see a lot has been happening during my brief absence. .....yawn.......... Man, that was a good nap!

First and foremost, Welcome Team Tigger International. Welcome Mystery Dog.

Fine additions to the ISQ gang if I say so myself.

I see there are a couple of things that need a tiny bit of attention.

No problem.

:laughing:

Hmmmm....wonder why the name of Jack Ryan's dog is such a big SECRET? Witness protection, I'll wager... ;)

Oh by the way, please welcome TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL and ~ MYSTERY DOG~ to the brotherhood of ISQ hiders... :D  Check out Crissy the Skunk Woman! We'll be looking forward to their first new ISQ hides-- hope they're not in OHIO, heh, heh, heh!! I'm a little leery of letting a DOG hide caches by herself (We'll probably have to stoop down to find them!) but Star assures me she will help...

:rolleyes:  :(  ;)  :D  ;)

No secret. He is in "lock down" though. If there is something specific a person wants to know, all they need is a specific question? ;)

Welcome Team Tiger.

The vet never forgets his name, now that she's learned why he's named that.

OK, ok, Squirt. Half shepard and half sneaky neighbor dog.

Before him was Odie. Half G-Shepard and half coon hound, who thought he could out run the train and tested the theory by running straight down the line between the rails.

Befor him was Oreo, a black Lab with a white stripe down his belly.

Before him was the best dog I ever owned, Smokey. He had blue eyes and looked just like your avatar.

Edited by Jack Ryan

We had a German Shepherd Dog , a rescue, here at the Dog Yard for about a year, 'til we got him adopted out. He was a good 'ol boy. So post a pic of Squirt so we can see him, Jack. Are you going to take him caching with you? Smokey was a Siberian Husky I take it? But how can a husky be a best dog? They've got brains the size of bb's.... heh,heh,heh! :rolleyes:

P.S. our current avatar is Bandit, a registered Sib we resued from a home in Laketon.

Not sure if I got any pics of Squirt. Doubt he'll be doing any cacheing. He got a life sentence in the slammer for those covert "caches" he was planting on the neighbor's porch and driveway.

Smokey was a Siberian, full blood AKC. Don't let them fool you, at least he was smart as a whip. Just almost as stubborn as I am.

Odie was the one with a brain the size of BB. Trouble was every once in a while it would bounce around enough to hit on a good idea and get your hope up.

So Jack ... When you gonna hit the road and find some Caches ?

Come on you know you want to .... and you should you really really should !

Star

Edit to add helpfull linky for Jack Ryan :

Nearest Caches to the Benchmark you found

I went looking for 3 or 4 of them. DNF. Just started to seem like a big waste of time to tell ya the truth.

I found that bench mark and about a dozen others before I ever heard of GeoCaching. Looks like most people just walk down the railroad picking off all the easy ones. The ones I thought interesting enough to flag on my GPS are all out in the woods.

I went looking for 3 or 4 of them. DNF. Just started to seem like a big waste of time to tell ya the truth.

Ahhhh...after prying most of the molars out of Jack's skull we get to the meat of the situation. Something's amiss here, Jack, and I think you know it. There are a lot of experienced geocachers lurking on this forum that would be glad to help you out. If you want, we can probably set you on the right path (pun intended). Specifically, if you can tell us which 3 or 4 caches you DNF'd we may be able to figure out what's going on... :lol:

Ahhhh...after prying most of the molars out of Jack's skull we get to the meat of the situation. Something's amiss here, Jack, and I think you know it. There are a lot of experienced geocachers lurking on this forum that would be glad to help you out. If you want, we can probably set you on the right path (pun intended). Specifically, if you can tell us which 3 or 4 caches you DNF'd we may be able to figure out what's going on... :lol:

The meat?

The only meat of those 3 or 4 was they were "stale". They hadn't been logged as found in quite a while except for the one in Spring Mill Park and I didn't find it because the property manager removed it.

It's a personality trait that it drives me up a wall when stuff isn't where it's suppose to be. I'm not going out of my way for nor searching all day for something the size of a film can hidden in the woods.

I just like orienteering my way around to hunt and fish. It's a challenge always know exactly where I'm at, blah blah, probably about the same as ya'all. I just don't have the patience to search around for something that may not even be there unless it's gold or diamonds, not a hand full of fungus and not just to put my name on a paper. I got a few marked on my GPS and if I'm in the area I may look around a little just to see what the attraction is.

Who knows, I may get hooked. I do get a little thrill out of happening on those survey markers. They are where they are suppose to be.

It sort of peaked my interest to see a few cachers had evidently been pretty close to some of my "secret" hunting spots. It would be wise not to wear blue, white or red in the woods for about the next month and I'd consider it a personal favor if possible to wait past noon to cache or hunt mushrooms.

I know all about "the I got every right.... blah blah" but I got every right to be blasting with my shot gun all the way until dark too, but the absolute crack of dawn to 9 or 10 is magic time. If I had the power I'd take the turkey hunting rules back to the "out by noon" rule and add a no mushroom hunting rule until after noon. The way it is now is chaos and everybody gets screwed up.

Edited by Jack Ryan