Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Congratulations to Trickworm on his 100th find at Indian Spirit Quest #195--Hanging Rock. It took him numerous tries, but persistence pays off. To those of you who found the cache at Hanging Rock on the Wabash River (When it was called "Just Hanging Around"), it is now re-hidden in the same spot, and we will grant smilies to previous finders who want to visit again and sign the new log, but ONLY repeat ONLY if you take a pic of yourself at the summit and post it with your log...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b6-6ec27174606e

:lol::lol::unsure::)

Yeah , We have been there , we have stories about that one .. and now you want us to do it again ! I have issues with high places don't you know .. But of course that is not gonna stop us from going back again ! :D:D

Star

I was thinking a Team Shydog shirt was in order for the Geobash, might have to put my time and effort into a ISQ shirt. Maybe the ISQ logo on back and a "No Lame Cache Pages Allowed" on front. just a thought.

Anyone else scared of phantom dog? :laughing:

Or how bout a gang of us with ISQ T-shirts on , ... I beleive I spied one on our Grand Exaulted Leader at the InGeo Picnic .... But I love what you wanna say on the back ....

Star

Puts me to mind of a song as well ... "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" .....

:)

hehehe ... new signal just had to share !

Star

He must be watching episode three--Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith--now in our opinion the Original Star Wars, in 1977, is a classic that's on our list of top ten films of all times, which includes Casablanca at number one and every movie Angelina Jolie Voight was ever in...Having said that--This new movie makes all five previous Star Wars films pale in insignificance--THe special effects are awesome--Now the Epic Saga of Darth Vader's fall to the dark side and eventual redemption is complete!! May the force be with you, Signal! ( I know Wulf will disagree with me, since his all time favorite movie is Ernest Goes to Camp, which I must agree is a respectable Number 42 on our list...). :laughing::drama::D:o:D

flag_memorial_day.gif

For you LeadDog , My Dad , My Uncles and most recently a couple of my co-workers (they made it back alive).

Thank you for your service.

(I'd give you another hug LeadDog if I were close by )

Star

Thank you. Patrick and I went caching in your neck of the woods, did one of your Cemetery caches, Star, there were a lot of people in the cemeteries today decorating Vets' graves...

:lol:

they gave us sandwiches

I hope they were Liverwurst on rye with sweet onion and miracle whip with little toothpicks with red frilly things on them stuck in them!--with a kosher dill on the side and a few sour dill kettle chips... (Drool!!)

Anyway, here is the never-before published list of double-digit ISQ seekers. If you discover an error, let me know and I will correct. Note that the Pig and the Sled Dogs didn't make the list...

1 PRAiRIE PARTNERS 153

2 J PLUS 14 151

3 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 129

4 SWEETIE PIE 126

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 110

6 BUDDAMAN 98

8 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 87

9 ITZME 83

10 JUST MEE 80

11 AWSOME EV 70

12 TRICKWORM 65

13 TWO NUT CACHES 60

14 SASSYKAT 53

15 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 51

16 TEAM SALBEN 45

17 GENIUS LOCI 41

18 HUTT 41

19 MATTSTER 40

20 STOHEM 34

21 CAR 54 33

22 OLDTIMERS 33

23 TEAM RAMFIRE 33

24 BBSURVEYORS 30

25 PAWSITRACTION 30

26 DR. BOB 29

27 FLYIN' SQUIRREL 27

28 INDIANA HERRING 27

29 KAYLIZGENE 27

30 CACHECOMMANDO 26

31 ROSE & THORN 26

32 TEAM EARTHQUAKERS 25

33 PINESTRAIL 23

34 BUTEO 22

35 BESBART 21

36 EASYRN1 21

37 KODIAK KID 21

38 SANDVB 21

39 GENOIST 20

40 TEAM SHYDOG 20

41 BARNABY JONES 19

42 KWBACH 19

43 VIRTUAL MOORE 19

44 JOHN A/O BETH 18

45 EBERFAM 17

46 GRIZZFLYER 17

47 MOMMA BEAR & BABY BEAR 17

48 PIPANELLA 17

49 roc49028 17

50 DJG24 16

51 GERBIL MAFIA 16

52 GREEN GECKO 16

53 INDYMAGICMAN 16

54 COOKS CREW 15

55 CORWIN 19 15

56 LOSTVERMONTERS 15

57 CBHENDERS 14

58 MARINE 52 14

59 PANDORA & CORKSCREW 14

60 TWOGOPHERS 14

61 DANCING SCHNAUZERS 13

62 FLOATINGSPOTS 13

63 GARY & MARY ADVENTURERS 13

64 KB9TFZ 12

65 LOIS & CLARK 12

66 STONERS 12

67 YOGI 57 12

68 BIG MAMA D 11

69 BIRDHUNTER1 11

70 CINNAMONGLOW 11

71 LOS LACOS 11

72 QUIDDLER 11

73 SEARCHOSAURUS 11

74 TEAM J&K 11

75 TEAM PRETORIOUS 11

76 4DAMFAM 10

77 CACHINGCOURTNEYS 10

78 CHIEF_STAN77 10

79 GATORDAN 10

80 GOOD DOG 10

81 JASON 10 10

82 JEEPSTAFF 10

83 LGM 10

84 MIGHTY MULES 10

85 NIGHTCACHERS 10

86 NOMADS, THE 10

87 RUPERT 2 10

88 SEEK4FUN 10

89 SHOW ME THE CACHE 10

90 WILLIAMSFAMGC 10

:o:D:D

HEY YALL

I am still alive, contraty to beliefs. <g> Just poping in to say hello and it looks like everything is going well and Ma told me that she had a wonderful time with Patrick at the picnic. I am sorry that I havent been in for a while. And it looks like i have to come back to reclaim my position with Ma on the ISQ caches.

so Happy Memorial day to everyone.

Awsome Ev

the amish geocacher

Oh my goodness it looks like I've gone MIA!! lol But noone has found me yet...........

breaking news!breaking news!

From the ISQ News Service in West Bippus, Indiana:

kidCraZy and Pharoah's Man and Eagle Eye have set a One-Day Record for finding Indiana Spirit Quest caches on Saturday, May 28th, 2005 with an astounding 70 smilies, bettering Jplus14's one day record by six!! They visisted five counties and traveled 240 miles in their Quest.

They cached for Fourteen hours, twenty six minutes, for an average of 12.37 minutes per cache. Congratulations, Champions!!!

Wait, hold on, more breaking news, just coming in:

4damfam, WilliamsFamGC, HoleN1 and LoLoLoco have just reported that they found, on Monday, May 30th 2005:

102 ISQ caches!!!

They spent 18 hours 15 minutes at the task, for an atounding 10.73 minutes per cache average! Unbelievable!!!! ?They broke kidCraZy's record by 32!!

Did they leave an American Flag at each cemetery--you bet they did!!!!

CONGRATUALTIONS TO ALL YOU INSANE GEOCACHERS!!!

AND -- more impressively--SixDogTeam and Earthdog Patrick found an amazing TWO ISQ's to bring their total to (ta-dah) FOUR!!!

:ph34r::lol::(:huh::huh:

Edited by SixDogTeam

Great job to all the cachers that found an insane amount of ISQ caches this weekend. i had thought about making a run at the record on my vacation, but the bar is set to high for me now. I will just have to settle for trying to get as many as I can. Thanks for taking the pressure off. :o

Wow! I was getting ready to comment on how quite my ISQs were over the holiday weekend. It sounds like things were very active up in the northlands! Congratulations all.

We will all have to go out and hide some more to give these guys something to chase...

Well, this certainly was a banner weekend for ISQ seekers. We have literally hundreds of email logs to sift thru...Thanks to all Geocachers who visited our cemeteries this Memorial Day weekend, and a special thanks to those who left American Flags. The Indiana

Spirit Quest series of caches pays special homage to those Americans who have served their country in time of war. We try to point out these veterans to you, especially those of the older wars such as the American Revolution, War of 1812, Indian Wars and Civil War. But these veterans, who served their enlistments and were mustered out of the service, From the Revolution to Iraq,have their day in November. Originally Armistice Day, to commemorate the ending of World War I, it is now called Veterans day to honor the service of all Veterans.

But Memorial Day is not a day for veterans. It is a day for those who gave the last full measure of devotion to their country.It was originally called Decoration Day, to decorate with flowers the graves of those Union soldiers and sailors who were killed in action or died of disease in the Civil War. Now called Memorial day, it is a time to refelect and honor our cherished dead from all wars.

Most of the servicemens' graves you encounter on the Spirit Quest are those of Veterans. Battle casualties from the earlier wars are usually interred near where they fell, in the case of the Civil War down south, or the World Wars in Europe, for example.

In more recent wars, Vietnam, for example, a very high percentage of the KIA's bodies were recovered, so they are buried in their home town cemeteries for the most part. Vietnam War remains are still being discovered and identified in Southeast Asia, and several have been buried in the U.S. this year, over thirty years since they were listed as MIA or KIA...

So, If you find a government bronze marker for a serviceman and it reads "Vietnam", and he died prior to 1975 and it reads "PH" for Purple Heart, it's a good bet you've found the grave of a soldier killed in Action in that war.

Anyway thanks again to all you Geocachers who honored our Nations's fallen heroes with a flag or a salute or a quiet prayer this past weekend while on the Quest!!

--Lead Dog & Earthdog Patrick

Edited by SixDogTeam

Star,

If it makes you feel any better, I was burgled too late last week (only not while caching). I was swimming with the youngest K and my locker was broken into. Not only did have to wait for an hour for the cops to get there holding a wet 2-year old but, they sent a woman cop who was not about to enter the men’s changing room. Wait another hour…

I guess it could have been worse, they could have taken my clothes. There are some DRBs out there. They got all my $ and my cell phone. Now I don't have to worry about my wife calling while I am caching!

ISQ News Service

***BULLETIN***

June 8, 2005

Servia, Indiana

Here is the updated Top Ten "Century" ISQ List:

1 PRAiRIE PARTNERS 157

2 J PLUS 14 151

3 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 129

4 SWEETIE PIE 126

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 117

6 4DAMFAM 113

7 WILLIAMSFAMGC 112

8 HOLEN1 105

9 LOLOLOCO 104

10 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 101

There are now 217 Indiana Spirit Quest Caches. Who will be the first to reach 200?

-30-

I've been offered an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new financial deal that would require my moving to Miami. Before considering the move, can anybody tell me what "thirty-five large" is? Is that HUNDRED or THOUSAND? My potential partners seem to have a lingo all their own and I don't want to seem un-hip to them. They always greet me like "Sup, dog!" :huh:

But Memorial Day is not a day for veterans. It is a day for those who gave the last full measure of devotion to their country.It was originally called Decoration Day, to decorate with flowers the graves of those Union soldiers and sailors who were killed in action or died of disease in the Civil War. Now called Memorial day, it is a time to refelect and honor our cherished dead from all wars.

One thing that I do on Memorial Day and Veterans Day is remember those that have not returned home. On each stop (and especially the War Memorial Wall ISQ) I remember the pilot whose name stays on my wrist in the form of a POW/MIA bracelet. He still has not returned home as his plane went down without a trace far inside North Vietnam while on a recon night flight.

While the Pentagon and foreign governments work together to find the remains of those that are MIA, it is an on-going process. The most recent was yesterday (10 Jun 05) where he disappeared Feb 3, 1966. But, there are about 88,000 total MIAs from all US conflicts. That is a large number of US sons (and daughters in a few cases) that still need to come home.

In most cases, MIAs are now considered to be deceased. But, at least we can bring them home for a proper burial with family and friends available to pay their last respects.

Great job to all the cachers that found an insane amount of ISQ caches this weekend. i had thought about making a run at the record on my vacation, but the bar is set to high for me now. I will just have to settle for trying to get as many as I can. Thanks for taking the pressure off.  :laughing:

TeamShydog,

No problem. :laughing: We had been planning our Memorial Day ISQ Marathon for several weeks and when we were at the Spring Picnic you mentioned that you were thinking about going for the record. I almost let our plans slip, but decided to keep the keep quiet. Half way through the day on Memorial day we still weren't sure we were going to reach our '100 ISQs' goal.