Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

The only acceptable crying will be about how much you spend in gas to find them.

Gas around here was $1.16 this weekend, then shot up to $1.39 this morning! I'd hate to see what it is in the cities... The crooks! and we've been notified that propane will be a buck and a half next heating season--that's a FIFTY PERCENT INCREASE from just a couple of years ago! <_< So we're going back to burning wood and riding our mountain bike--so all our future cache hides will be within 5 miles of the house! B)

so all our future cache hides will be within 5 miles of the house! B)

What you going to add to the other 15 thats with in 5 miles fo your house???? <_<

Actually, we own 16 hides within 5 miles of the house, and Trickworm has 8, for a total of 24! This area is one of the most cache dense places in the state--a veritable mecca for geocachers--all the cemetery and bridge micros, the boat ramp hides, and all the long walk deep woods reservoir illegals...what a paradise for Geocachers of all types!! B):)

The only acceptable crying will be about how much you spend in gas to find them.

Gas around here was $1.16 this weekend, then shot up to $1.39 this morning! I'd hate to see what it is in the cities... The crooks! and we've been notified that propane will be a buck and a half next heating season--that's a FIFTY PERCENT INCREASE from just a couple of years ago! :( So we're going back to burning wood and riding our mountain bike--so all our future cache hides will be within 5 miles of the house! :(

I WISH it were only $1.39! .... Round here it is around 2.39 per !

Do you have your own personal Gas station there someplace LeadDog ! If you do we will be down searching for those caches near your house in the hopes of finding your place !

We will bring Precious along as well because she is still on about Patrick this and Patrick that ...

Plus we do agree , Huntington area has some of the most senic areas in the State if Indiana ! We do thank you for all the caches you have placed for us to find !

Star

mY DAFFODILLS or whatever they are have bloomed, I've got a nesting pair of sparrow hawks somewhere on the property and the big dogs are panting, so spring is here! Stoopid grass will need mowing next week if this warm weather and rain keeps up--People have started searching for our reservoir caches--Time to do some cache maintenance....Patrick let me touch him the other day without baring his fangs and growling, so things are looking up! :)

People have started searching for our reservoir caches--Time to do some cache maintenance

We might have to road trip from Valpo to check out your caches this summer. :D

I'm still not sure whether or not to do any maintenance, because I don't know what the DNR Cache Storm Troopers are going to do... I've got dozens of outlaw caches out there now, as do many others; Huntington lake is full of them,--and I'm not about to beg for any any stinkin' licenses... The way I look at it is this--If you pay a kid ten bucks a week to mow your yard, and he does a good job, it's OK. But if he gets smart alecky and starts telling you what to do with your lawn, you FIRE him. Only the city can tell you what to do with your lawn (If it gets too high it becomes a rat's nesting place, hazardous to the public welfare, that sort of thing) and we ELECT the city officials that make the lawn rules and we can UN-elect them). Now it seems to me that the State Parks are like our lawns: As long as we don't do anything that would be detrimental to the public good, we should be able to use our lawns/parks as we see fit. We don't need a Park Gestapo to push us around...JUST KIDDING :D:):D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHCAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE?????

We might have to road trip from Valpo to check out your caches this summer.

I dare you to beat Prairie Partners one day record on the ISQ caches. :D

bgf

OOOOOOHH!! Is that a double-dog-dare, BFG? Are you suggesting some sort of competition? :D

I looked it up, and talked to the wife. A couple of years ago, we would have taken that challenge on, but now we are hauling a 19-month old team member around. Twenty-plus caches in a day? Yeah right! Maybe of we leave Solana with a sitter.

Hey Lead Dog,

I ran into the DNR person in charge of approving caches for the Salamonie State Forest a few months ago while hunting for your most excellent waterfall caches there. He was out doing some caching of his own that day. We helped him find one and had a good long talk with him. Very friendly person. He gave the impression that the caches in the Salamonie area would be "grandfathered" in and should not be a problem. If you want his screen name I will email it to you if you have any quetions about your caches out in that area. Later, Chris

We might have to road trip from Valpo to check out your caches this summer.

I dare you to beat Prairie Partners one day record on the ISQ caches. :D

bgf

OOOOOOHH!! Is that a double-dog-dare, BFG? Are you suggesting some sort of competition? :D

Nah! Not for me. I'd be happy to cheer the runners on though! I just gotta admit my limitations. I'm still recuperating from my last little run on 'em. Don't know whose tail was draggin' the ground most, mine or Abigails. And to think, she didn't help drive, got naps inbetween, and even sat a few out. She still looked bad though, so I can imagine what I looked like. :D

bgf

Hey Lead Dog,

I ran into the DNR person in charge of approving caches for the Salamonie State Forest a few months ago while hunting for your most excellent waterfall caches there. He was out doing some caching of his own that day. We helped him find one and had a good long talk with him. Very friendly person. He gave the impression that the caches in the Salamonie area would be "grandfathered" in and should not be a problem. If you want his screen name I will email it to you if you have any quetions about your caches out in that area. Later, Chris

That sounds like Good News to me ShyDog !

Star

Prairie Partners, on the wings of a marathon caching weekend, have Surged Past BGF to capture the top spot on the ISQ Leaderboard with an amazing 121 finds... <_<

For the Record as well... They are very Nice people and have a lovely daughter !

We got to meet them that day , on ISQ #100 ! ... Oh Buddaman ... Where were you ?

Star

oH, bUDDAHAMAN, WHERE ARE YOU? :ph34r:

Ah yes the people wonder were i was at??

1.first nice weekend.

2.wife with a spring clean up the yard bug.

3.take weekend off for that.

yes i know I have been bugging LD about ISQ.#100 I will get to it.

thank you all for your concern :anicute:

Plus I put it off from last weekend to get all of trickworms hides.

1.first nice weekend.

thank you all for your concern ;)

Ah, Grasshopper--with age and experience you will gain wisdom. Wives will divorce you, houses and yards will crumble, children will grow up and leave you, employers will fire you, your profession will become obsolete, your health will fail you, your friends will die...your government will break its promises to you--but thorugh it all the one thing that will remain, the one constant in your miserable existence of quiet desperation is your spirit to explore and discover strange new worlds, your yearning to go where no man has gone before, the wanderlust that filled the hearts of your Scotch-Irish pioneer ancestors as they cleared the forest primevil to create our beloved Indiana--all embodied in the noble endeavor of

GEOCACHING! :blink:

Lead Dog is getting all cranky, running around gathering up receipts for his tax return. He's been getting all preachy giving me speaches on the evils of government. He's been waxing elequent about Abe Lincoln. He said Lincoln died at 7:22:10 a.m. EST 15 April 1865 of a gunshot wound inflicted on him by an actor. I don't know what the big deal about Lincoln is--he was born in a log house and had a luxury car named after him--you know this was before the days of air conditioning and under arm deoderant-- and this guy was out in the hot sun all day chopping wood--I bet he smelled really, really bad!!

1.first nice weekend.

thank you all for your concern :huh:

So how come you don't get the wife interested in Caching then ?

It might save you some Work ! :laughing::lol:

Lead Dog is getting all cranky, running around gathering up receipts for his tax return. He's been getting all preachy giving me speaches on the evils of government. He's been waxing elequent about Abe Lincoln. He said Lincoln died at 7:22:10 a.m. EST 15 April 1865 of a gunshot wound inflicted on him by an actor. I don't know what the big deal about Lincoln is--he was born in a log house and had a luxury car named after him--you know this was before the days of air conditioning and under arm deoderant-- and this guy was out in the hot sun all day chopping wood--I bet he smelled really, really bad!!

So Patrick ... Why did you let LeadDog wait till the last minute to do his Taxes ?

Lead Dog always mails his tax check in on April 15th--I don't want the government to have my money one minute sooner than it is owed. And of course, I won't allow them to have any more up-front than will be owed, then send me a refund of my money that they have been collecting interest on--This is based on my belief that our total tox burden--which for the majority of the middle class is now one third of what they earn--is so excessive as to border on slavery--and to compound the sin, is akin to communism in that it is a redistribution of wealth--and LEad dog fought in a war against communism and he hates it-- :laughing: and--

The cost of batteries for your GPSr is deductable, right? :lol:

Also, Patrick and I did maintenance on five caches, so all 6DT Huntington Reservoir caches with the exception of Ellie should be good to go--There are lots of good caches on this lake. If you had your choice of going geocaching with Angelina Jolie or Hillary Clinton which would you go with? Nevermind, excuse it, stoopid question.

Edited by SixDogTeam

1.first nice weekend.

thank you all for your concern :laughing:

So how come you don't get the wife interested in Caching then ?

It might save you some Work ! :D;)

She don't really care for it. she'll go once in a while when we are out of state on a trip.and as for the work :D:huh::D:lol: I here ya.

Yeah, and Rupert2 is back in-country so I know he'll be back hidingISQ's; I wonder if THE SHADOW, Kodiak Kid, and Team Shydog have risen from their long winter's nap and will be hiding some more soon? Because when I invade their territories this summer I want lots to hunt!!! ( that is, if I like them--I've never found one, so how would I know?) :rolleyes:

Still here as well. Just been busy planning the Spring Picnic at France Park. Been walking the trails there looking for some good hiding places. Will we be seeing the great SixDog Team there? Hope everyone has it on their calenders. After that is over I will be scouting some more old bonneyards. Chris......

I am back and ready to roll. Unfortunately I did not get to any caching while I was gone other than annual maintenance. I did however pick up several new additions to the series of Rupert2 banknotes. Look for the new ones in a cache near you!

As of Tuesday I also have a new caching partner (that is other than my three kids). My wife was responsible for this one...

4914d3fc-c78e-4f7b-8914-730300b82ce4.jpg

Hey ya'all!

Just a noobie cruz'n through.

Aw, come on Noob! You're a VIRGIN! What part of Fly-over country are you from? Go out and find that first cache! Then come back and tell us about it! If it's one of ours, you get to go to Red Lobster for Shrimp! (you have to pay, tho...) And, MOST IMPORTANT, do you have a DOG?

;);):D

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DOG!!!

Edited by Earthdog Patrick