Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

From ISQ NEWS CENTRAL in beautiful downtown Bippus:

WEEKLY INDIANA SPIRIT QUEST STATISTICS REPORT:

378 Geocacher Teams have logged 4,101 finds.

Rupert2 has hidden his 50th ISQ!!

Mystery Dog has hidden a new ISQ, really cool, keyword SULTANA

Film at 11:00

I Heart Precious.

Earth Dog out.

:lol::(:D:D

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

As much as we like wandering around Auto Salvage Yards looking for parts, in the summer it's not so fun--the high weeds, sweat,blood, bees etc. -hmmmm, it's a lot like Geocaching! AND speaking of geocaching, the Dancing Schnauzers hit #100 at ISQ #204. Aint life grand? <_<

Oh no! It's the day before The Dance, and I've got a pimple!!! AAAAgggggghhhhh!

:angry:

Late one night last month, deep in the woods of an old-growth forest somewhere in Northern Indiana, a strange procession was witnessed only by the woodland creatures of the night. As they passed thru a clearing, the full moon cast its eiery light on eight tall robed and hooded figures silently moving single file, followed by two very small and short four legged robed figures. The forest was silent except for the occasional tree frog calling to his mate and the chorus of crickets singing lullabies to their young. The roaring sound of of a spring waterfall gradually got louder.. Heads bowed and hands together in front of them, they glided effortlessly behind the dripping sheet of water, seemingly disapearing into the limestone rock. Presently torchlite shown thru the water, and the group, huddled in a circle in the cavern, began a low chant. Suddenly the serenity of the scene was cut by the BOOM!! of a crash of thunder and a series of lightening flashes. And a new Neophyte was initiated by ancient rites into the Grand Exalted Order of the Indiana Spirit Quest.

(No animals were harmed during the ceremony with the exception of one roasted hog.) :angry:

To visit the first ISQ by the new GEOISQ member go here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a6-3c5f9d3f158c

And, speaking of firsts, YCL PADDLERS found their first cache--ISQ #69-"The Real Hatfields". <_<:mad:

And now, a word from our "It's Not About The Numbers!" department:

As of right.......NOW! there are ten members of the elite ISQ Triple Digit Find Club (Grand Masters), ninety members of the Double Digit Find Club (Knights) and 285 members of the Single Digit Finders group (Apprentices)

Leader Board Find Rankings of GEO-ISQ Inner Circle Grand Wizards (Hiders) are as follows:

XXX. THE SHADOW (Classified)

5. Team Tigger International

32. Cache Commando

48. Kodiak Kid

52. Team Shydog

97. Rupert2

177. Earthdog Patrick

184. SixDogTeam

XXX. Mystery Dog (Classified)

379. Torry (6th from bottom)

:mad:

Late one night last month, deep in the woods of an old-growth forest somewhere in Northern Indiana, a strange procession was witnessed only by the woodland creatures of the night. As they passed thru a clearing, the full moon cast its eiery light on eight tall robed and hooded figures silently moving single file, followed by two very small and short four legged robed figures. The forest was silent except for the occasional tree frog calling to his mate and the chorus of crickets singing lullabies to their young. The roaring sound of of a spring waterfall gradually got louder.. Heads bowed and hands together in front of them, they glided effortlessly behind the dripping sheet of water, seemingly disapearing into the limestone rock. Presently torchlite shown thru the water, and the group, huddled in a circle in the cavern, began a low chant. Suddenly the serenity of the scene was cut by the BOOM!! of a crash of thunder and a series of lightening flashes. And a new Neophyte was initiated by ancient rites into the Grand Exalted Order of the Indiana Spirit Quest.

(No animals were harmed during the ceremony with the exception of one roasted hog.) :D

To visit the first ISQ by the new GEOISQ member go here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a6-3c5f9d3f158c

And, speaking of firsts, YCL PADDLERS found their first cache--ISQ #69-"The Real Hatfields". :D:mad:

And we Welcome Cache Commando into the fold !

Star

As of right.......NOW! there are ten members of the elite ISQ Triple Digit Find Club (Grand Masters), ninety members of the Double Digit Find Club (Knights) and 285 members of the Single Digit Finders group (Apprentices)

Leader Board Find Rankings of GEO-ISQ Inner Circle Grand Wizards (Hiders) are as follows:

32. Cache Commando

48. Kodiak Kid

52. Team Shydog

97. Rupert2

177. Earthdog Patrick

184. SixDogTeam

XXX. Mystery Dog (Classified)

379. Torry (6th from bottom)

:P

Leader Board Find Rankings of  GEO-ISQ Inner Circle Grand Wizards (Hiders) are as follows:

32.  Cache Commando

48.  Kodiak Kid

52.  Team Shydog

97.  Rupert2

177.  Earthdog Patrick

184.  SixDogTeam

XXX.  Mystery Dog (Classified)

379.  Torry (6th from bottom)

OMG!

I only need one more (I have 9) to jump to the next level!!

:D:D:P

I'm lazy. Where can I find the complete up-to-date ISQ rankings. :P

You can't. It's not on the Internet, and it's too long to post here. Anyway, it's only available to members of the Supreme High Council of the Inner Circle of GEO-ISQ. I can tell you it's a lambskin scroll hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar on Funk & Wagnell's porch. The security level is DEF-CON 2 --Top Secret Cryto Logic --For Eyes Only. However, having said that, we have you at #172 with six finds. If that's innacurate let us know, and we'll audit your account and send any corrections to the ISQ Grand Inspector General for review... :D

Thanks Leaddog and Patrick for keeping all the GEOISQ paperwork safe and sound.

I really enjoy the weekly updates. I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks and I hope to move up on the ISQ find list. Keep up the good work.

Chris-Team Shydog

GEOISQ

P.s. I got some mud on my robe because I was the one going OVER that darn waterfall AGAIN! When will I learn? :ph34r:

For those of you who who haven wondering about ISQ #200, it is now up and running:  Indiana Spirit Quest #200 Founder Seeker

Watch your fellow geocachers compete for fabulous prizes!

ok, there is only one prize...

This one looks like a real winner folks! Visit the cache page for our #200 by Rupert2.

Also,

4DamFam has found their 500th cache!! Congratulations. It came on ISQ #46 "Too Tall Soybeans"

I heart Mystery Dog.

(edited html)

PS ** Lead dog just told me a woman was just awarded the Silver Star--(only given for Galantry) -- the first woman to receive since WWII...

For those of you who who haven wondering about ISQ #200, it is now up and running:  Indiana Spirit Quest #200 Founder Seeker

Watch your fellow geocachers compete for fabulous prizes!

ok, there is only one prize...

This one looks like a real winner folks! Visit the cache page for our #200 by Rupert2.

Also,

4DamFam has found their 500th cache!! Congratulations. It came on ISQ #46 "Too Tall Soybeans"

I heart Mystery Dog.

(edited html)

PS ** Lead dog just told me a woman was just awarded the Silver Star--(only given for Galantry) -- the first woman to receive since WWII...

Thanks...we've loved the ISQ caches and wanted to make sure we hit one for our milestone at #500. Keep up the awesome work and we'll keep hitting 'em. :lol:

I just heard it thru the grapevine that some hearty soul is fixin' to make an assault on the ISQ one day find record, which, if I'm not mistaken stands at 102... :lol:

Most excellent! I know it can be beat. We learned quite a bit on our trek and there are a few things we would do differently. In fact, if it weren't for the stinking little ziplock bags that all the logs are in, we think we could have hit 10 more caches!! :D Those bags were driving us nuts! We also killed 30 or 45 minutes for lunch...and a SERIOUSLY needed restroom stop for HoleN1. We hit a few benchmarks and a couple locationless along the way and we had 7 DNFs, which I think most if not all were missing caches (mainly due to cemetery maintenance). Nevertheless, it was a long day and we were pretty beat by the end, at which point we still had an hour and a half drive home. It took every once of willpower and strength to make it home.

If someone is willing to go for it, then I wish them all the best in breaking it. It was one of my most memorable caching days ever and I know it will be for them too. Be safe, enjoy, and "cache on!"

there are a few things we would do differently.

If someone is willing to go for it, then I wish them all the best in breaking it. It was one of my most memorable caching days ever and I know it will be for them too. Be safe, enjoy, and "cache on!"

What are the few things you would do differently? Surely you don't mean eliminating bathroom breaks? Eat in the car, no other caches, set the cruise at 85 mph, or what? Others can benefit from your experience. :lol:

Not to change the subject, but we have noticed that the "Yogi Dog" cache "SQ Hoagland" ( that infamous self-styled invasion of Indiana) continues to remain persona non grata to Indiana cachers. It's been out there for two months now and has only three find logs, none of which are by Hoosier cachers... meanwhile the response ISQ-OC caches have proved popular. Hmmm..... :D

I'm so lonely. I wish Precious was here to cheer me up. :D

Lead Dog has yet to take me anywhere in his new truck. I'm getting scared.

What are the few things you would do differently? Surely you don't mean eliminating bathroom breaks? Eat in the car, no other caches, set the cruise at 85 mph, or what? Others can benefit from your experience. :lol:

Out of the entire experience, one of the things learned most was that you could not do very well unless you planned out everything in advance. Our ISQ Rampage (for the Kennel Club) was about a month's worth of planning and prep. 4damfam and LoLoLoco collaborated on routes trying to find the best one. WilliamsFamGC worked on which caches were still active (thereby causing our routes to change consistently) while HoleN1 continued to make the support preparations based on our route (food, stops, "Gas", etc). While enroute on the rampage, 4damfam drove, LoLoLoco navigated, WilliamsFamGC advised on next cache and HoleN1 began prep on GPSrs for next cache.

It'll require planning. Oh, and did I mention insanity? Otherwise, it was great. I am almost sure we would do it again if there were enough ISQs that have not been hit by any portion of the Kennel Club.

I'm so lonely. I wish Precious was here to cheer me up. :D

Lead Dog has yet to take me anywhere in his new truck. I'm getting scared.

:lol: I wish I were to Partick ! :lol:

As far as the new truck thing goes ... I know what you mean ... Star has had her new truck since Feb.... and I only got to ride in it one time so I could scout out my new ISQ cache " The Sulatana"

Her excuse has been "its to far for you to go .... you would get bored , and what about your friend Min " :D

I tell you its tough being a weiner dog! So many responsibilities , so little time for fun for myself ! :lol:

there are a few things we would do differently.

If someone is willing to go for it, then I wish them all the best in breaking it.  It was one of my most memorable caching days ever and I know it will be for them too.  Be safe, enjoy, and "cache on!"

What are the few things you would do differently? Surely you don't mean eliminating bathroom breaks? Eat in the car, no other caches, set the cruise at 85 mph, or what? Others can benefit from your experience. :D

A record-breaking attempt of this magnitude can not be attempted alone. We think four people is probably ideal. You need a driver, a navigator, a cache-announcer, and a guy who makes the sandwiches. So I don't think we missed the mark there.

If we were to attempt this again (and who knows what next year might hold... :D ), I think we would:

1) Get up a little earlier. Who knew that it started getting light at 4:30 AM?

2) Shorten the food stops. We had a cooler in the car, and we could have kept driving while HoleN1 made and distributed sandwiches.

3) Shorten the potty breaks. (We spent about 45 minutes on our last food/potty break, and we could have found 2-3 more caches, based on our averages, had we cut that down by 20-30 minutes.)

4) Find caches that weren't sealed in plastic baggies. When those baggies work, they're great. When you're going for the record, they're an obstacle.

5) Follow Daggy and Deermark, who replaced several caches that we wouldn't have been able to find otherwise.

6) Plan on about a 10% falloff due to DNFs or missing caches. We felt lucky to have about 7%, but that's only because Daggy and Deermark were nice enough to replace some of the caches that we stopped at.

7) Have a time limit. We spent much too long searching for some caches (the one at the Dead End street, for example) Had we cut that visit down, we could have hit another couple ISQs on the way home.

8) Plan your route to hit more ISQs than you can possibly visit in a day. When going for the record, it's better to run out of time before you run out of ISQs.

9) Stick to where the highest concentration of ISQs are. (So SixDogTeam will get most of the "FOUND" emails--and here's a challenge for Rupert2 to get 150 more caches placed near Central Indiana so we have something to find next year!)

10) Have fun and don't give up. Many times during the day we would look at the time and our cache count and wonder if it was even possible. The record was 64, so hitting number 65 was thrilling. Number 85 was intoxicating, and 102 was hardly bearable (partly because we were too tired to care).

11) (and most important) Understand that you will say, do, and hear things that you will NEVER want repeated. :lol:

GOOD LUCK! We'll be watching.

Well, the only thing left is to help the next person plan out there route!! Any takers?!?! I was purposely leaving it up to those attempting to do a little work. lol

I hadn't really thought that anyone from our team would just spell out most of the details. LOL But hey, the prep work is just half the battle. :yikes:

9)  Stick to where the highest concentration of ISQs are.  (So SixDogTeam will get most of the "FOUND" emails--and here's a challenge for Rupert2 to get 150 more caches placed near Central Indiana so we have something to find next year!)

GOOD LUCK!  We'll be watching.

150 more...GULP!

Hang on, if I put another one up near you, a road race would break out between the four of you to see who will be FTF :yikes: .

I will try to push east and south a little more. Does anyone have a gross of 35mm cannisters laying around?

Lead Dog found and corrected a formula glitch in his ISQ spreadsheet--corrected stats are as follows:

390 cachers have posted 4,556 Found It Logs on Indiana Spirit Quest caches.

We are watching the ruruns of "Lost"--Our favorite quote, so far, from Episode #3":

Hurley: So how do you know it wasn't a dinosaur?

Jack: Because Dinosaurs are extinct!

Hurley: Oh.

:yikes:

TORRY !

So when you gonna hide a few more ISQ's ?

Star

yeah....

... or find some?

I finally got out for some caching Sunday. Visited some neat cemetaries in the area btween New Castle, Anderson and Pendleton. There have been some busy cachers around there.

I'll keep looking. Hard to find the time.

I'm lazy. Where can I find the complete up-to-date ISQ rankings. :lol:

You can't. It's not on the Internet, and it's too long to post here. Anyway, it's only available to members of the Supreme High Council of the Inner Circle of GEO-ISQ. I can tell you it's a lambskin scroll hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar on Funk & Wagnell's porch. The security level is DEF-CON 2 --Top Secret Cryto Logic --For Eyes Only. However, having said that, we have you at #172 with six finds. If that's innacurate let us know, and we'll audit your account and send any corrections to the ISQ Grand Inspector General for review... :D

Uh, thanks. I want to let you know of my ambitious plans to move up the list.....maybe to #150! Yes, alert the media as I plan to find three or (gasp) possibly 4 more of these this coming weekend. I can hardly contain myself.

***MINTAKA***

has thrown off the robes of Apprenticeship and with his tenth ISQ find becomes a Knight of The Realm. Congratulations!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:mad:;)

Thank you, thank you.

It was a long and arduous journey. Now my sights are on the next level. Only 90 more to go.

You know, I have vacation coming up. May be a run at the record?!?!?!?!? :):mad:

The Indiana Spirit Quest series of caches has reached a milestone with the

400th

Cacher Team to find one.

They are: JASNLU1006 and they found ISQ #160 Trading Spaces, and it was their FIRST FIND! Congratulations!

In other matters, Christian, here is the updated ISQ Leaderboard, as Promised:

TOP 25 ISQ FINDERS

1 PRAiRIE PARTNERS 157

2 J PLUS 14 151

3 SWEETIE PIE 137

4 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 129

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 117

6 WILLIAMSFAMGC 117

7 4DAMFAM 116

8 HOLEN1 105

9 LOLOLOCO 104

10 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 101

12 BUDDAMAN 98

13 ITZME 95

14 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 87

15 JUST MEE 80

16 KIDCRAZY 79

17 PHAROAH'S MAN & EAGLE EYE 76

18 AWSOME EV 70

19 TRICKWORM 67

20 DEERMARK 66

21 TWO NUT CACHES 62

22 DAGGY 54

23 SASSYKAT 53

24 BBSURVEYORS 51

25 TEAM SALBEN 45

:lol::lol::(:D

The Indiana Spirit Quest series of caches has reached a milestone with the

400th

Cacher Team to find one.

They are: JASNLU1006 and they found ISQ #160 Trading Spaces, and it was their FIRST FIND! Congratulations!

In other matters, Christian, here is the updated ISQ Leaderboard, as Promised:

TOP 25 ISQ FINDERS

1 PRAiRIE PARTNERS 157

2 J PLUS 14 151

3 SWEETIE PIE 137

4 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 129

5 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 117

6 WILLIAMSFAMGC 117

7 4DAMFAM 116

8 HOLEN1 105

9 LOLOLOCO 104

10 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 101

12 BUDDAMAN 98

13 ITZME 95

14 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 87

15 JUST MEE 80

16 KIDCRAZY 79

17 PHAROAH'S MAN & EAGLE EYE 76

18 AWSOME EV 70

19 TRICKWORM 67

20 DEERMARK 66

21 TWO NUT CACHES 62

22 DAGGY 54

23 SASSYKAT 53

24 BBSURVEYORS 51

25 TEAM SALBEN 45

:ph34r::ph34r::laughing::laughing:

Um, where am I on the list? I don't see my name up there.

URGENT NEWS BULLETIN FROM ISQ WORLD NEWS HQ IN URBANA, INDIANA:

All future ISQ caches by SixDogTeam will carry the following message on the cache page:

FIND LOGS INDICATING NIGHT CACHING WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE!

And, starting at midnight, this Sunday, all NEW find logs that indicate caching after dark will be deleted on ANY ISQ by SIXDOGTEAM.

These measures are being taken in response to those very few cachers who have disregarded our attribute icons indicating that our ISQ's are not available 24-7 and that night caching is discouraged. THIS IS NO DRILL. THIS IS NO DRILL. :laughing:

Thank you for your cooperation and CACHE ON!!!

:ph34r: