It's That Time Again...

Pyewacket

Yep...just me again, letting you know that October's issue of Today's Cacher is ready for your perusal. This is our first holiday theme, Groundhog Day. Wait, that's not right...oh yeah, Halloween. :)

Our biggest issue ever, there are articles addressing the spooky factor of some caches, such as one in the area frequented by briansnat . Those of you cachers who are Criminal's groupies will be happy to know that he has not one, but two articles this month; be prepared that one is not for the faint-of-heart or younger audiences.

Take part in our first official poll; vote for "The Cacher Most Likely to...", find out why Zartimus caches in costume, and admire the poetic prowess of Planet.

Heck, I don't want to give it all away, so check it out!

hey pye, i don't want to write, because, well i don't like to write nonfiction ... but do you need any help with copyediting? i was copy chief at the college newspaper (read: paying job) and i really love to do it ... it would help me stretch my mental muscles ....

Oh, be still, my beating heart! We really need someone with good editing skills and a fairly decent knowledge of html to assist in putting up pages. It's not difficult, but it's a time-consuming, laborious task. If we could spread out the work load, I'd be a lot less cranky. :)

Please email me through the magazine, through my profile, or leave me a pm here in the forums and we'll talk. :ph34r:

That article scared the **** out of me.

Actually is a real good issues,

But I made one typo on my recipe for Tahosa Juice. I forgot The lite salt which is a key ingredient in this concoction. Try it and you will really like Lite Beer. Actually this stuff works when its hot and you're pushing yourself.

• 1 qt. Water
  • 3 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt
  • 1/4 Tsp Lite Salt

Edited by Tahosa and Sons
That article scared the **** out of me.

I agree; S4C's article is the scare the begeebers outta ya type article that fits perfectly into this month's issue. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a wonderful piece. :)

My thanks to everyone who contributed this month...you're the ones who made this issue what it is.

Very good issue. I especially liked the first section with the scary stories from cache hunts. The Wildman cache story is really spooky! I wish someone would post a little more info on this cache. What's the story behind it? Whoever placed the cache has to know more!

--RuffRidr

I guess it would depend a bit upon how large the magazine was and how it was printed and stuff.

I'll begin the bidding at $24 per year...$2 bucks an issue. I might even go higher if it looked like a "Backpacker Magazine" type of thing.

If it was smaller and on that softer kind of paper stuff, maybe $15-$16.99 per year...?!

Anyone else have an opinion on this one?

Good question...

As always, great job ! I liked the Zartimus article, but was almost disappointed to have him "de-mystified". I was also hoping to see mention of his sometime companion who wears the giant horned helmet and carries the axe. Talk about muggle proofed !

Anyone get a little teary-eyed over "Wilson McGroff" by Criminal ? I'm not saying I did, mind you, but I could see how somebody might get a little choked up over that. Really nice article Crim. We need more McGroffs in this world...... And his daughter.