Geocaching

PILTY

I found out about it while browsing. Just kind of stumbled into it through the wheresgeorge website. I've never looked back. I love to see the out of the way places. I am from England and I'm sure that my countrymen don't see as much of the wonderful backwaters that I do. Just yesterday my wife and I were out caching and we startled some deer! She was so excited that she almost screemed to get my attention. I'm glad that she did because as I turned I saw 8, maybe 9 deer prancing through the forest. Price of this sight - nothing. The memory of this sight - priceless! :D

Edited by PILTY

News story on our local FOX affiliate about 'treasure hunting'. 10 minutes later I was finding my first cache. :D

With gas prices scraping $2/gal. even though caching is a relatively inexpensive sport/hobby/game, when you get raped at the pumps, it suddenly becomes a very expensive sport. Factor in the fact that I already dump 2 tanks/week in just driving to/from work, and it becomes prohibitive. :D

News story on our local FOX affiliate about 'treasure hunting'. 10 minutes later I was finding my first cache. :D

With gas prices scraping $2/gal. even though caching is a relatively inexpensive sport/hobby/game, when you get raped at the pumps, it suddenly becomes a very expensive sport. Factor in the fact that I already dump 2 tanks/week in just driving to/from work, and it becomes prohibitive. :D

Come to the UK, we're paying about $6.27 a gallon and prices keep going up :D . As to how I got into caching, saw a article in Computer Active Magazine, which mentioned a UK cacher and Geocaching. Went straight to GC.COM and the rest is history as they say. Had to wait 4 months before playing with my Etrex, as my wife bought it in September, but wouldn't give it to me until xmas day.

Dave

I was looking for downloadable waypoints for Street Atlas and found a news story about Geocaching. I've downloaded several nearby caches and plan to go out tomorrow for the first time. In addition when talking to a couple of my co-workers about what I'd found they said they were also GPS enthusiasts and would I please send them the link to Geocache. Looks like the Indy area is going to get busier than it is. The first page of caches closest to my apt are all within 3 miles. :D)

Thanks for the new hobby. : :D

David N.