Forum Suicide Practice

Dear Geocaching:

Please don't be angry with me. I know you will survive without me and be better off, in the long run.

I just can't take this anymore. My love for you has been dying a little every day since we first met. There is nothing left to do but put both of us out of our misery.

I remember the joy I felt when I first met you. There you were, hiding behind emotional 'leaves and sticks'. Then I came along and you opened up to me. What I found inside you was truly amazing. I signed the 'logbook' of your heart and I was hooked on you. At that moment, I was convinced that our love affair could only strengthen with time.

For a long time, our love grew. I would go out every day to try and find you. Sometimes you were hiding, sometimes you were right under my nose. I thought the happiness I felt during our 'secret meetings' would never fade. Then the worst happened...

I went out looking for you today so we could have a nice talk and I wanted to see the new McToys you got. When I found you, you were filled with nothing but junk. There were no new toys, none of your usual 'signature items', your log book was full. You have really let yourself go and I can't stand to see this happen to you.

I went out later that night to try to find you again. I now know that other people have been having secret meetings with you. I saw their names. You cannot lie to me. Names like Carleen, Mopar, CoAdmin, GPSaxaphone....I know now that I can't compete with them. I know I am nothing to you. I saw the nice new toys they left for you. I guess my brand new pack of Air Force playing cards MEANT NOTHING TO YOU!

I tried to find you again, thinking maybe we could make this work out. I walked for hours through the snow, only to find that you were gone. Maybe you ran away with a pirate...I know you always liked adventure.

So now I find that I must commit geocide. I think this is the only answer for both of us. I have tried to hang on but I just can't take this anymore. Just remember you always hold a special place in my heart. Please give my GPS and cache bag to Sparky. Maybe he will have better luck with it than I did.

So this is it. After being tortured by you, I am logging my final DNF.

I'll miss you.

-Imajika

(LOL! This is a PRACTICE NOTE. It's not that easy to get rid of me!) :D

Dear Geocaching:

Please don't be angry with me. I know you will survive without me and be better off, in the long run.

I just can't take this anymore. My love for you has been dying a little every day since we first met. There is nothing left to do but put both of us out of our misery.

I remember the joy I felt when I first met you. There you were, hiding behind emotional 'leaves and sticks'. Then I came along and you opened up to me. What I found inside you was truly amazing. I signed the 'logbook' of your heart and I was hooked on you. At that moment, I was convinced that our love affair could only strengthen with time.

For a long time, our love grew. I would go out every day to try and find you. Sometimes you were hiding, sometimes you were right under my nose. I thought the happiness I felt during our 'secret meetings' would never fade. Then the worst happened...

I went out looking for you today so we could have a nice talk and I wanted to see the new McToys you got. When I found you, you were filled with nothing but junk. There were no new toys, none of your usual 'signature items', your log book was full. You have really let yourself go and I can't stand to see this happen to you.

I went out later that night to try to find you again. I now know that other people have been having secret meetings with you. I saw their names. You cannot lie to me. Names like Carleen, Mopar, CoAdmin, GPSaxaphone....I know now that I can't compete with them. I know I am nothing to you. I saw the nice new toys they left for you. I guess my brand new pack of Air Force playing cards MEANT NOTHING TO YOU!

I tried to find you again, thinking maybe we could make this work out. I walked for hours through the snow, only to find that you were gone. Maybe you ran away with a pirate...I know you always liked adventure.

So now I find that I must commit geocide. I think this is the only answer for both of us. I have tried to hang on but I just can't take this anymore. Just remember you always hold a special place in my heart. Please give my GPS and cache bag to Sparky. Maybe he will have better luck with it than I did.

So this is it. After being tortured by you, I am logging my final DNF.

I'll miss you.

-Imajika

(LOL! This is a PRACTICE NOTE. It's not that easy to get rid of me!) :D

Have you done this before?

Dear Geocaching:

<snip>

...Names like Carleen, Mopar, CoAdmin, GPSaxophone....I know now that I can't  compete with them. I know I am nothing to you. I saw the nice new toys they left for you. I guess my brand new pack of Air Force playing cards MEANT NOTHING TO YOU!

I tried to find you again, thinking maybe we could make this work out. I walked for hours through the snow, only to find that you were gone. Maybe you ran away with a pirate...I know you always liked adventure.<snip>

WooHoo! She mentioned my name :D I'll have to give this one a 9 and say that it's the best I've seen in this thread (except for the one from that Smurfy sax player) :D

Hi all I'm new here and not staying!!!!

You all suck! Especially the mods...and what the hell is up with that smurf thing?????

Out

Pssst!!! Hey Stealthbob ... you are supposed to deliver a geocide in this thread. You started off with a great insult, but then let us hanging. Yes, the Smurf thing is a very good reason to commit geocide (or suicide for that matter). Please string together many insults and try again. :D

Damm newbs, eh?

Oh well I guess that means I'm still here...for now :D

Geocide! I wouldn't geocide for you sons of a guns! Ha! No! I'm gonna lurk and read your miserable trashy, off-topic comments and just once in a while comment (always about me, me, ME!!!! AND NEVER about you!). And those mods! Ha! They'll never know what I'm thinking, oh, NO! GEOCIDE? Me?

edited for a really stupid error of spelling.

Edited by ATMousebusters90

This is the 149th time I have spoken to you from this forum, where so many decisions have been made that shaped the history of this sport. Each time I have done so to discuss with you some matter than I believe affected the sport/hobby/interest of geocaching.

In all the decisions I have made in my caching life, I have always tried to do what was best for Geocaching. Throughout the long and difficult period trying to get my Virtual approved, I have felt it was my duty to persevere, to make every possible effort to complete my duties as a geocacher and forum poster.

In the past few days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough political base in the forums to justify continuing that effort. As long as there was such a base, I felt strongly that it was necessary to see the process through to its conclusion, that to do otherwise would be unfaithful to the spirit of that deliberately difficult process and a dangerously destabilizing precedent for the future.

But with the disappearance of that base, I now believe that the forum mods' and TPTB's purpose has been served, and there is no longer a need for the process to be prolonged.

I would have preferred to carry through to the finish whatever the personal agony it would have involved, and my family unanimously urged me to do so. But the interest of cachers everywhere must always come before any personal considerations.

From the discussions I have had with Forum Mods and other leaders, I have concluded that because of the Virtual cache matter I might not have the support of the community that I would consider necessary to back the very difficult decisions and carry out the duties of this cache in the way the interests of the sport would require.

I have never been a quitter. To leave the forums and the sport before my "historical marker" virtual is approved is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as a scorned and hurt cacher, I must put the interest of geocaching first.

To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of both the myself and TPTB in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of things like permission, travel bugs, cache machines, and trading up.

Therefore, I shall resign from these forums and from geocaching effective at noon tomorrow.

:blink:

Edited by mozartman

I was thinking of quitting over on abject silliness.

My badgercide:

BADGERS! I don't hafta mushroom mushroom take your inbadgertolerance! This is just an argh! snake game and you badger people are mushroom mushroom destroying badgercaching by not mushroom mushroom being silly enough! SO GOODBADGERBYE you argh! snake badger haters! I'm mushroom mushroom outta here!

Sn :huh::huh:gans

Well what do you think? Too harsh?

Shove it!

Don't you mean, Take this job and ...

Possibly I do, possibly I don't! But, having committed geocide, I am not here on the site so I can neither see what you replied with nor can I respond myself.

hehehe ... I hear ya. I must say, this is probably the shortest message ever delivered in a geocide ... brevity is underrated, IMO. :huh:

edit - clarity

Edited by clearpath
I was thinking of quitting over on abject silliness.

My badgercide:

BADGERS! I don't hafta mushroom mushroom take your inbadgertolerance! This is just an argh! snake game and you badger people are mushroom mushroom destroying badgercaching by not mushroom mushroom being silly enough! SO GOODBADGERBYE you argh! snake badger haters! I'm mushroom mushroom outta here!

Sn :huh::huh:gans

Well what do you think? Too harsh?

I'm all for a badgercide.

And a mushroomcide.

And an AARGH! Snake-a-cide as well!

You have my blessing! :o

To Whom it may concern,

I have reached an inevitable conclusion. The geocaching society is heading toward total homogenization. In order for harmony to rein in the world of geocaching strict rules must be established. A proposed set follows:

1 - Only traditional caches will be allowed. This is because they are the only types everybody agrees are acceptable.

2 - Only official ammo cans will be allowed as cache containers. Again everybody agrees they are the best.

3 - Only one brand and model of GPS will be used. The exact type of GPS will be determined in open combat since nobody agrees on this point. *

4 - Specific brands of shoes and apparel will be worn when participating in any geocaching activity. Brand and types will be determined as in rule #3.*

5 - No caches will be placed in any undeveloped area.

6 - No caches will be placed in any urban area.

7 - No caches will be placed where anybody not involved in the geocaching activity will observe the geocacher accessing the cache.

*Items # 3 & 4 will be determined in a melee style open combat. Combat will continue until a consensus is established or only one combatant is left standing.

Because of the foregoing inescapable developments in the geocaching society I must leave the forums, and geocaching forever. Firstly because the restricted areas that caches will be allowed would not provide many opportunities to participate in the sport, hobby, activity, !!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need another rule here. Secondly I have a strong aversion to being whacked in the head with clubs, axes, swords or any other implement of destruction and so would not be willing to "go to the mat" for my preferences. It is my strong personal belief that any opinion worth having should be worth fighting for.

In closing I would like to add that all the inconsiderate boobs who couldn't tolerate opinions other than their own, or at least admit that condition vary and what is true for them may not be true for all should take a running jump at a rolling doughnut.

Goodbye forever,

rusty_tlc

oops

Nice! Brief, kind of like saying "I should never have been here in the first place."

And yet letting us know they were...

As for your note Rusty, that just took too much thinking on my part. You got to grab em by the guts and make them a believer in your pain. Besides I'm convinced it's just a divirsion so you can re-load.

Edited by Renegade Knight

After spending a little over 3 months here as an active cacher, I have come to a conclusion. Groundspeak is one big scammy company.

Shoes are stupid too....

Umm, I don't really know why I'm leaving other then that too, but let me just tell you THIS...

..Wait a second, why does my post say ringbone?

sheesh!! i'm getting so sick and tired of all the whining going on in the forums. "they approve virts", "they don't approve virts", "micros are lame", "micros are cool", "my ammo box was blown up", "premium members are special", premium members aren't special", "someone sunk my battleship". boo hoo hoo!!

my current life span is 5 to 10 years tops. other cachers don't even have the ability to walk. IT'S TUPPERWARE PEOPLE. go out and look for it and shut-up, or call the wambulance. i'll keep caching as much and as often as i can, but these forums are making me increase the dosage of zoloft i've been taking. except for the AS thread, the one bright spot in this whole mess. buh-bye. by the way, the door already hit my tush on the way out. i can't move fast enough to avoid it. the only body part on me that isn't in pain and still works is my trigger finger. if that starts to go, watch out world. :bad:

Two weeks later, after returning the day after posting the original geocide....

Geocaching is a lame sport for dorks, and I wish I would have never wasted the time and money I put into it.

And shoes still are pretty dumb...

Wait, crap, why does my post still say ringbone?

What is this crap? I just had another of my virtuals shot down! Every time I try to do a new cache these freakin' cache nazis refuse to approve it!

I've had it with this CRAZY sport!

I'm archiving all of my hides and I want all of my posts removed IMMIDIATELY!

If you need to contact me, I can be found at my NEW HOME (where my efforts and my input happens to be APPRECIATED!)... www.virtualneedlepoint.com

;):bad:

Steve

sheesh!! i'm getting so sick and tired of all the whining going on in the forums. "they approve virts", "they don't approve virts", "micros are lame", "micros are cool", "my ammo box was blown up", "premium members are special", premium members aren't special", "someone sunk my battleship". boo hoo hoo!!

my current life span is 5 to 10 years tops. other cachers don't even have the ability to walk. IT'S TUPPERWARE PEOPLE. go out and look for it and shut-up, or call the wambulance. i'll keep caching as much and as often as i can, but these forums are making me increase the dosage of zoloft i've been taking. except for the AS thread, the one bright spot in this whole mess. buh-bye. by the way, the door already hit my tush on the way out. i can't move fast enough to avoid it. the only body part on me that isn't in pain and still works is my trigger finger. if that starts to go, watch out world. :bad:

Would you like to buy a capital letter? ;)

What is this crap? I just had another of my virtuals shot down! Every time I try to do a new cache these freakin' cache nazis refuse to approve it!

I've had it with this CRAZY sport!

I'm archiving all of my hides and I want all of my posts removed IMMIDIATELY!

If you need to contact me, I can be found at my NEW HOME (where my efforts and my input happens to be APPRECIATED!)... www.virtualneedlepoint.com

;):bad:

Steve

The virtualneedlepoint reference was cute, but the rest seemed to lack the required anguish needed for you to be taken seriously.

sheesh!!  i'm getting so sick and tired of all the whining going on in the forums.  "they approve virts", "they don't approve virts", "micros are lame", "micros are cool",  "my ammo box was blown up",  "premium members are special", premium members aren't special", "someone sunk my battleship".  boo hoo hoo!! 

my current life span is 5 to 10 years tops.  other cachers don't even have the ability to walk.  IT'S TUPPERWARE PEOPLE.  go out and look for it and shut-up, or call the wambulance.  i'll keep caching as much and as often as i can, but these forums are making me increase the dosage of zoloft i've been taking.  except for the AS thread, the one bright spot in this whole mess.  buh-bye. by the way, the door already hit my tush on the way out.  i can't move fast enough to avoid it.  the only body part on me that isn't in pain and still works is my trigger finger.  if that starts to go, watch out world. :bad:

Would you like to buy a capital letter? :bad:

i don't do capital letters very often because my hands hurt from lupus and they are hard to do. ;)

Edited by uperdooper

The virtualneedlepoint reference was cute, but the rest seemed to lack the required anguish needed for you to be taken seriously.

A 3? That is such crap! What a biased rating system! You only gave me a 3 'cause I'm a noob...

I'm outa here! This place sucks!

Steve

It's a multi-suicide :bad:

A 3? That is such crap! What a biased rating system! You only gave me a 3 'cause I'm a noob...

I'm outa here! This place sucks!

Steve

It's a multi-suicide ;)

Playing the n00b card gets you an extra point... :bad:

You all don't get it. If someone actually wrote the perfect geocide note that was obviously a 10 we would never get to read it. The language used in this note would be seen as such an obsenity by the moderators that it would be deleted before anyone got a chance to read it. For all we know the perfect geocide note has already been written, but we never saw it and the poor author was so distraught that he commited real geocide..... :rolleyes:

You all don't get it. If someone actually wrote the perfect geocide note that was obviously a 10 we would never get to read it. The language used in this note would be seen as such an obsenity by the moderators that it would be deleted before anyone got a chance to read it. For all we know the perfect geocide note has already been written, but we never saw it and the poor author was so distraught that he commited real geocide..... :rolleyes:

^%&% you and your ^%&&%@# opinions about my ^&* ^**% Language! Nobody %%^% asked you anyway %*&%*(%*#$#!

<_<

Why does my post say ringbone?

Well, my virtual was rejected once and for all. It was at _least_ 10 feet from a nearby physical cache, and it had the additional challenge of being in the middle of the interstate. Fine, if you all want to do your stupid easter-egg hunts on the sidewalk, go ahead. You all suck. I hope a satellite falls on the reviewer's lawn.

Well, my virtual was rejected once and for all. It was at _least_ 10 feet from a nearby physical cache, and it had the additional challenge of being in the middle of the interstate. Fine, if you all want to do your stupid easter-egg hunts on the sidewalk, go ahead. You all suck. I hope a satellite falls on the reviewer's lawn.

Falling satellites: Nice.

The rest: Eh.

...You all suck. I hope a satellite falls on the reviewer's lawn.

Good line. But why lawn when there is a handy head to land on? A good forum suicide is no place to self edit!

Exactly, why not have it crash through the roof onto the reviewers head. Maybe throw in a metor shower for good measure.