Warn %

Wow. I can't believe how very offensive I am.

I have 5 warn blocks and only 33 posts. ;)

I wonder if those warn blocks age off or if I'm marked forever?

The link on my profile for viewing my posts is broken so I can't look back and review my bad behavior. I guess I just have to accept it on faith.

Let me just say "Bye Ya'll" now before I get totally banned.

See you in the funny papers!

-Doodlecat.

Wow. I can't believe how very offensive I am.

I have 5 warn blocks and only 33 posts. ;)

I wonder if those warn blocks age off or if I'm marked forever?

The link on my profile for viewing my posts is broken so I can't look back and review my bad behavior. I guess I just have to accept it on faith.

Let me just say "Bye Ya'll" now before I get totally banned.

See you in the funny papers!

-Doodlecat.

your 'warn blocks' are blank. They turn a dark color when checked and if you check your % it should say 0 because you haven't been warned.

your 'warn blocks' are blank. They turn a dark color when checked and if you check your % it should say 0 because you haven't been warned.

UMC, those little warning boxes are ominous in their own little way. Maybe they were prominently placed to act as a little reminder to think before you speak.

Anyway, could you please explain just how that works? Is there one box per warning? And then what happens if they all get used? ;)

;)

It can be used in several ways. Its a way for tracking who has been warned and such and the reason for the warning. As you see there is a plus and minus sign, the warning level can be increased and decreased letting you and us know where you stand. This is also where you can be set to a moderated status for a period of time so that your posts go to a queue first before being submitted for everyone to view.

It also allows us to put notes on those accounts so that in the future a different moderator can view the offense and such.

So, in a sense its the same as me sending you a pm or email warning you of certain behavior.

This is a pretty robust tool and we are still working out the details of how to best use it but those are some of the options.

Oh geeze, I feel left out now, I want to be cool and have a warning too! Well.... wait, I'm a good girl and having a warning could harm my reputation. Ack! now I have a complex because I both want a warning and don't want one. Maybe I should earn one, yeah that's the ticket! Well.... no, because then I would have intentionally been bad for the wrong reasons. If I earn one I have to intentionally (or maybe not?) be bad for the wrong reasons (I think). I want to be good. But how can I be cool without at least one warning? Ack! The complex just got worse! ;)

Oh forget it.... I'll just go sleep now instead. That always solves everything. ;)

Edited by carleenp

This looks like a good place to start. If we're good, do we get little brown rings instead of the dark squares? Or are those reserved for the mods? It's probably best not to anal-eyes this too much, but rather worry about covering my a**. ;)

The little blue boxes, now gone, provided a graphic representation of your volume of posts. The more posts, the more blue boxes. Since everyone's number of posts is shown below their name, title and avatar, the redundant blue boxes were eliminated shortly after the new forums launched.

The warning boxes are brown. You can only see your own warning level. They are still here.

The little blue boxes, now gone, provided a graphic representation of your volume of posts.  The more posts, the more blue boxes.  Since everyone's number of posts is shown below their name, title and avatar, the redundant blue boxes were eliminated shortly after the new forums launched.

The warning boxes are brown.  You can only see your own warning level.  They are still here.

We should get to see everyones warning boxes. Then when they get close to the end we could do the "poking a bear with a stick thing" to push them over the top. ;)

It would add some excitement to it all. ;)

Edited by Chris&Cindy
The little blue boxes, now gone, provided a graphic representation of your volume of posts. The more posts, the more blue boxes. Since everyone's number of posts is shown below their name, title and avatar, the redundant blue boxes were eliminated shortly after the new forums launched.

There goes my plan to get 5 blue boxes for posts....