Logging a find on a previous logged DNF

MotorBug

Its probably covered elsewhere, but I didn't find it here or in the Getting Started forum.

What is the geo-etiquette for logging a find on a previous logged DNF? Change the previous DNF entry (a few days ago) to a find, or make a new entry?

[This message was edited by MotorBug on September 14, 2003 at 10:09 PM.]

I love my DNF's!!!

There are stories in those and when I get to come back and log it as a find it makes the story all the sweeter.

I even keep track of my "Found Did Not Finds" in my profile page. I've got a couple more that I'm looking forward to adding to that list. icon_smile.gif

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

A DNF is part of the cache history (and often they are the best stories). Leave it and log a new one. DNF's are nothing to be ashamed of and as a cache owner, I know I'd be slightly annoyed if someone started messing with the logs.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Make a second entry (or third or fourth if that's what it takes). The DNF's are part of the cache page's history, and frequently more interesting to read. I don't mind logging the DNF's but really love to clear those caches from my go get 'em list. I think I was born undr the sign of the bulldog.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

As a n00b I had my first dnf this weekend. I thought about not logging it, but I did have such a great time hiking in and looking for it that I didn't think it fair not to mention it. The fun we had hiking the trail with all the others on the trail, and the view at the top were more then worth the trip. Yes I hated logging a dnf but the trip was more then worth it and the cache owner should know our thoughts.

I see your lips moving but all I hear is blah blah blah