The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hey Now!

I've had a few questions about how to get color text into you online log, so I thought I'd put a link here about the UBB Code.

Also good for bold, italics, underlined text, centering, etc..

Although, if you're already in the forums, you're probably already familiar with it...

D!

Edit: Having said this, the UBB code seems to be a little different.

For example, text [/color} doesn't seem to work for online logs, but [bLUE] text [/bLUE] does.

Anybody know why? I'm sorta still figuring this out.

PS- used wrong bracket up there on purpose

Edited by Duncan!
Hey Now!

I've had a few questions about how to get color text into you online log, so I thought I'd put a link here about the UBB Code.

Also good for bold, italics, underlined text, centering, etc..

Although, if you're already in the forums, you're probably already familiar with it...

D!

Edit: Having said this, the UBB code seems to be a little different.

For example, text [/color} doesn't seem to work for online logs, but [bLUE] text [/bLUE] does.

Anybody know why? I'm sorta still figuring this out.

PS- used wrong bracket up there on purpose

If you go into "My Controls" and then click on "Board Settings" you can enable the Rich Text Editor, which will allow to to change Font Size, Style and Color:

4c4ac982-1766-4043-8f65-57e121de8649.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

Hey! I was checking out the caches between Santee Lakes and the dump (hmm, hmm, lovely breeze that comes off that dump... :D ), e.g. "Standing Still" and "Blame It on JonnyA" and I noticed that all the trail entrances are marked with the following signs:

5161a7e3-2f36-4882-9c8d-a3a6888b0bb0.jpg

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if these have always been there or are they a relatively new addition? Anyone know? (Regardless of the answer, the trails that they mark seem to be used on a regular basis by foot and bicycle traffic.)

Hi everyone. I am taking a friend caching for the first time. He has two little girls. I was wondering if anyone could provide a list of kid friendly caches and caches that have stuff to trade (ie no micros).

I've put out a couple of caches that were specifically intended to appeal to kids (of all ages) -- "All Aboard" and "Pirates Treasure". They may be a bit far to come for a Chula Vista based cacher, though. Another in this area (Poway) is "Sea Monkey Central". It doesn't have swag, but I think kids will really enjoy it (What other cache involves naming your own sea monkey?). The "Spy Kids" series is also a good set of caches for kids.

Ok...On Friday Sumrall and I will be going on vacation.

We go from here to Showlow Arizona then on to Oklahoma City...while in OKC we will be heading down to Dallas and over to Tennessee. When we depart OKC we will be heading up to Chicago then across the top of the US/bottom of Canada....hitting the Dakotas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana etc.. We will spend a bit of time at a friend's house in

Washington state...then head down the cost...to NoCal...for a brief stay....Then back to San Diego.

Soooooo if you have any coins or bugs that want to see other states or need a good start East...let us know.

PS We will only be gone for a little over a month... :grin:

PPS Harmon you are welcome to come along.

Edited by GoBolts!

We go from here to Showlow Arizona then on to Oklahoma City...while in OKC we will be heading down to Dallas and over to Tennessee. When we depart OKC we will be heading up to Chicago then across the top of the US/bottom of Canada....hitting the Dakotas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana etc.. We will spend a bit of time at a friend's house in

Washington state...then head down the cost...to NoCal...for a brief stay....Then back to San Diego.

Soooooo if you have any coins or bugs that want to see other states or need a good start East...let us know.

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go, but wait, shouldn't I stay behind to capture and post your webcam shots?

Between $kimmer and you I may become the World's leading webcam cacher.

Edited by SD Rowdies

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go, but wait, shouldn't I stay behind to capture and post your webcam shots?

Between $kimmer and you I may become the World's leading webcam cacher.

LOL As you wish...

Gobolts! I'm envious. I would love to be able to travel like that! :grin:

Are you aware of this. I don't know which ones might be in the works right now, but who knows, a couple might get placed while you guys are on your trip. You might want to check it out.

Have a great time!

Edited by Miragee

Hey, let us know how that new caching-along-a-route feature works! Sounds like they got it together just in time for you!

Hey, let us know how that new caching-along-a-route feature works! Sounds like they got it together just in time for you!

Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?

Here's how you access the feature. There's a whole thread on it in the forums too.

PS We will only be gone for a little over a month... :rolleyes:

You gonna make it to the Midwest GeoBash 8605b683-cae2-4ad8-b7b1-47deff238032.jpg event cache in Michigan? (July 7th.)

In case anyone is interested in learning more about our rocket:

Lockheed Martin Atlas rocket on The History Channel

LOCKHEED MARTIN NEWS RELEASE

Posted: June 26, 2006

A new show on The History Channel's Mega Movers series follows the transport of the powerful and large 191-foot Lockheed Martin Atlas V rocket from production facilities in Denver, Colo., to the launch site at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS), Fla. The show is scheduled to air July 4 at 10 p.m. EDT (check local listings).

Mega Movers follows the relocation of the biggest, heaviest and least mobile structures imaginable. Episodes have shown the move of a 500-ton oil rig, giant locomotives and an historic Victorian mansion.

The Mega Movers film crew was given close access to the delivery of Atlas vehicle components for the most recent launch of the Astra 1KR commercial satellite April 20. The show begins with packing of the Atlas booster at Lockheed Martin Space Systems in Denver, loading onto a Russian Antonov An-124 transport aircraft at Denver International Airport and unloading at the CCAFS Skid Strip. A second trip is required to transport the Centaur upper stage.

The film crew follows the major processing milestones as the Atlas team prepares the vehicle for launch including stacking operations and rollout to the launch pad. Throughout the program, interviews with Lockheed Martin employees describe the careful planning and extraordinary attention to detail that goes into the handling of complex flight hardware.

The program culminates in the ultimate mega move - a successful Atlas V launch of Astra 1KR on April 20.

I know I like to bust GoBolts! chops about his cut-and-paste logs...but THIS is going too far! :D

I went to log this find today, and he was the last two finders! :P

Have fun on your big trip!

If you knew how to read :blink: you would have seen that the second log (yes i did log it twice :P) was for another cache Diane Kay

and both caches had more then just cut and paste they had a cache specific note under the cut and paste.

All of you "haters" are just jealous of my numbers! :P:D:D

However comma thanks for letting me know so I could get the right log with the correct cache.

In case anyone is interested in learning more about our rocket:

Lockheed Martin Atlas rocket on The History Channel

LOCKHEED MARTIN NEWS RELEASE

Posted: June 26, 2006

A new show on The History Channel's Mega Movers series follows the transport of the powerful and large 191-foot Lockheed Martin Atlas V rocket from production facilities in Denver, Colo., to the launch site at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS), Fla. The show is scheduled to air July 4 at 10 p.m. EDT (check local listings).

Mega Movers follows the relocation of the biggest, heaviest and least mobile structures imaginable. Episodes have shown the move of a 500-ton oil rig, giant locomotives and an historic Victorian mansion.

The Mega Movers film crew was given close access to the delivery of Atlas vehicle components for the most recent launch of the Astra 1KR commercial satellite April 20. The show begins with packing of the Atlas booster at Lockheed Martin Space Systems in Denver, loading onto a Russian Antonov An-124 transport aircraft at Denver International Airport and unloading at the CCAFS Skid Strip. A second trip is required to transport the Centaur upper stage.

The film crew follows the major processing milestones as the Atlas team prepares the vehicle for launch including stacking operations and rollout to the launch pad. Throughout the program, interviews with Lockheed Martin employees describe the careful planning and extraordinary attention to detail that goes into the handling of complex flight hardware.

The program culminates in the ultimate mega move - a successful Atlas V launch of Astra 1KR on April 20.

Update from LM Communications:

Breaking News – in spite of what I last heard from the Mega Mover producer, The History Channel changed the air date to July 11, same time – 10-pm EDT. Please notify Atlas program. Thanks.

For those of you that don't follow the other threads I ran across a thread that gave a link to really cool website that lets you generate html code for your puzzle cache page that let's people verify their coordinates for your puzzle! I tried this for one of my own puzzles and this is what it looks like! when you verify the coordinates! You can also click on the link to my cache to go see the link that I added. The website for generating this code is here. :)

Edited by TrailGators
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I just stumbled on a new feature.

I went to my query list to pull one of them up. Where it used to say "Preview", there are now two icons. One gives you the preview, one opens up your query into Google Maps. Pretty slick.

I don't recall it being there yesterday when I did a preview of one of my PQs...

Nevertheless, this is very slick! :):):)

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I just stumbled on a new feature.

I went to my query list to pull one of them up. Where it used to say "Preview", there are now two icons. One gives you the preview, one opens up your query into Google Maps. Pretty slick.

That is pretty cool! :) I wish they gave you the option to see all 500 caches in your PQ just so you could see all the borders of your PQ. But then again you can pan over to check each border so I guess it's OK! :)

In panning around my home caches, I noticed that the Google images have been updated. In the past, all of the construction in my area was about 2 years old on the sattelite imagery.

In the current pictures, one of the new shopping centers that just opened is complete. (And the truck that has been parked in front of my house for the last year is gone too! Everytime I looked at the pictures when I was at work, that same truck was in front of my house. I thought my wife had a boyfriend!) :)

In panning around my home caches, I noticed that the Google images have been updated. In the past, all of the construction in my area was about 2 years old on the sattelite imagery.

In the current pictures, one of the new shopping centers that just opened is complete. (And the truck that has been parked in front of my house for the last year is gone too! Everytime I looked at the pictures when I was at work, that same truck was in front of my house. I thought my wife had a boyfriend!) :)

:):):D:cry:

On another note, Boeing put up another bird for us to play with last night!

If you are talking about this one, it's an NRO mission (Not GPS). No one but the NRO folks will be "playing" with that one. Did anyone see it BTW? I was told that with it's southern track, it would be visible in So Cal.

That was the one! I stand corrected. :)

<edited by request (i guess it wasn't that funny)> :)

Edited by Moose Mob

PS We will only be gone for a little over a month... :)

Do you have a link?

Here's how you access the feature. There's a whole thread on it in the forums too.

Ok...this is sweet...it is so easy...Sumrall and I have made this trip several times...took hours to get my pq's set up and then filter out caches. Now it takes a few minutes to set up the first time and the routes are there for the future...all you have to do is run a pq. :):D:):cry: It's like Christmas!

Edited by GoBolts!

On another website note.

In case you missed it, the "Caches along a Route" feature is now active and is really sweet. This would have saved hours of searching for me on our long road trip!

Here is a link to step-by-step instructions on using it.

Thanks for this info., C4. It will surely help with our trip planning.

Like Gobolts! said, "It's like Christmas!" :)

On another website note.

In case you missed it, the "Caches along a Route" feature is now active and is really sweet. This would have saved hours of searching for me on our long road trip!

Here is a link to step-by-step instructions on using it.

Thanks for this info., C4. It will surely help with our trip planning.

Like Gobolts! said, "It's like Christmas!" :)

It kind of makes me want to fill the tank up at $3.30/gallon and go somewhere! :) Hmmm, I am heading up to Wisconsin in a few weeks so I could try it out along Hwy 94! But my family yells at me whenever I try stop for a cache.... :) Anyhow, thanks for the info C4! I'll use it someday! :D

Hmmm, I am heading up to Wisconsin in a few weeks so I could try it out along Hwy 94! But my family yells at me whenever I try stop for a cache....

Don't tell them that you're stopping for a cache. Tell 'em it's a potty stop. :)

"Hey kids these bushes look like a good spot to go! No wait! I think this tree looks like a good spot! No wait! I think under these rocks over here look like a good spot! Yes this is the spot! Ahhhhh! "

So I get in car and drive 20 more miles then I see another cache coming up on my GPS which is hidden between my legs....

"Hey kids you won't believe this but I have to go again! Hey! I see I nice guardrail coming up that looks like a really good spot for me to go!" :)