feedback tab

I haven't logged into geocaching.com for a while and was recently unpleasently surprised to see a facebook button/tab/whatever right in the middle of the page I was trying to read - requiring me to shift the page up and down to uncover the contents. I do not use facebook but I do pay for my Premium membership here so I hope someone can help me get rid of that obtrusive "in my face" obstacle.

Thanks.

I haven't logged into geocaching.com for a while and was recently unpleasently surprised to see a facebook button/tab/whatever right in the middle of the page I was trying to read - requiring me to shift the page up and down to uncover the contents. I do not use facebook but I do pay for my Premium membership here so I hope someone can help me get rid of that obtrusive "in my face" obstacle.

Thanks.

Can you post a screenshot of this eyesore? I see a small section at the bottom of the threads but nothing to the degree your describing.

The only Facebook presence on this site are the "share" links at the bottom of the Forum screen, and the small link on the main Geocaching.com homepage to take followers to the official Geocaching.com page on Facebook. Both link images look like this:

facebook.png

Just a thought... I wonder if you mean the Feedback tab on the left side of each page? When I first saw it I thought it said Facebook. It is kinda annoying, in my opinion.

DING. I think we have a winner. It also moves as you scroll, and he was having issues with the scrolling too.

Just a thought... I wonder if you mean the Feedback tab on the left side of each page? When I first saw it I thought it said Facebook. It is kinda annoying, in my opinion.

DING. I think we have a winner. It also moves as you scroll, and he was having issues with the scrolling too.

Actually the stupid thing doesn't move. The whole page moves but that tab stays right there. Why? Why is that the one thing that stays right there on your screen at all times?

Thanks.

There's a Feedback tab on the left side, but I don't see anything in the middle of the page.

Actually the stupid thing doesn't move. The whole page moves but that tab stays right there. Why? Why is that the one thing that stays right there on your screen at all times?

Oh, I'm seeing that thing pop up on many websites I use lately, not just this one. And it doesn't move on any of them, either. I don't know, I'm out of the loop here, it used to be the vendor "Get Satisfaction" that was behind the whole feedback thing, but a troll brought that down. I assume this is a different vendor now? I don't know, someone help me out here.

If you use AdBlock:

1. Open AdBlock Preferences

2. Click Add Filter button (lower left)

3. Enter this : geocaching.com#div(id=uservoice-feedback)

4. Press ENTER

5. Click OK

Now, can someone tell me how to AdBlock the irritating favorites status box everytime I log a find? I tried, it should have worked, but it doesn't.

Edited by Chrysalides

If you use AdBlock:

1. Open AdBlock Preferences

2. Click Add Filter button (lower left)

3. Enter this : geocaching.com#div(id=uservoice-feedback)

4. Press ENTER

5. Click OK

Now, can someone tell me how to AdBlock the irritating favorites status box everytime I log a find? I tried, it should have worked, but it doesn't.

ive seen code for that favs thing posted before for adblock. I don't use it or block ads at all[that breaks many sites functions i use(not this one)

Until UBB comes here i probably won't either.

Yes. The feedback button used to be off to the side of the page, in the background. With whatever was done to the page sizing, it now shows up on the edge of the listing, obscuring the first few letters. It's incredibly annoying.

Sorry, I missed that. It is much more prominent, and annoying than it used to be.

geocaching.com#div(class=span-10 FavoritesStatusWidget)

I hate this tab covering up the letters on the left side. Makes reading a cache page no fun at all. But I have a small monitor (as I never needed a wide screen big one). I'm guessing this is more of a problem for people with small monitors versus the larger ones judging by all the comments about white space on other topics.

The feedback tab is a little annoying, but it doesn't seem to be covering up anything on the cache pages... A 1600 x 1200 screen must be large enough that that's not a problem

That's right. Try resizing your browser window smaller and you'll see why some people are unhappy.

Thanks for the edit.

I tried to do that but couldn´t figure out how to alter the title so I resigned myself to permanent shame.

Don't worry about it. I submitted a topic with two misspelled words. They were real words used in our language, but they were not the right words.

That darn hound dog chased me around the tree three times.

:laughing:

Yes. The feedback button used to be off to the side of the page, in the background. With whatever was done to the page sizing, it now shows up on the edge of the listing, obscuring the first few letters. It's incredibly annoying.

This is truly embarrassing - yes it is a ¨Feedback¨ tab, not a facebook one.

Nevertheless it blocks text and doesn´t need to occupy so much valuable space.

i am guessing you see it on the way due to your screen size and resolution because for me is totally out of the way on the left not interfering with anything

"feedback" button is that little thing to the far left

Untitlednewsite.jpg

i am guessing you see it on the way due to your screen size and resolution because for me is totally out of the way on the left not interfering with anything

Untitlednewsite.jpg

Yep, in fact with my preferred window size, the feedback tab is so far off to the left I basically never even noticed it was there!

Bad interface design on both ends.

Thanks to all of you who have supported my displeasure at the feedback tab.

I am on vacation with my Acer Aspire One netbook. It has quite a small screen so that must be the reason the feedback tab is so obnoxious on my computer. I could resize the landscape but it would be ¨robbing Peter to pay Paul¨ on this tiny laptop. Therefore I´ll stick with my complaint that Feedback should not occupy any more prime real estate on my personal geocahing pages than many of the other functions relegated to the sidebar.

This is truly embarrassing - yes it is a ¨Feedback¨ tab, not a facebook one.

Nevertheless it blocks text and doesn´t need to occupy so much valuable space.

Untitlednewsite.jpg

For those of us who cannot afford the newest spiffy stuff, ad/or who are visually impaired and find that 1024x768 is the screen size that we can read best, the feedback button looks like this:

dbc93e0b-d3de-4cd5-b373-4932cf82279c.jpg

Rather sad when 'improvements' cause problems for the visually impaired.

For those of us who cannot afford the newest spiffy stuff, ad/or who are visually impaired and find that 1024x768 is the screen size that we can read best, the feedback button looks like this:

Rather sad when 'improvements' cause problems for the visually impaired.

that is annoying indeed

It is somewhat ironic to be complaining about the Feedback tab and then to have to use it to submit feedback.

I have already submitted and hope others will also.

It is sort of like when email is down at work, you need to send the IT support folks an email informing them the email is down.

Well, then - submit something to the Feedback area...

How do we get to the Feedback area?

<ducking!>

I just posted the feedback topic on a wing and a prayer and screwed it up in the process. Was surprised that anyone found it and voted on it. lol

Hey!! Who you calling "anybody"?!? I'll have you know I'm a Charter Nobody thankyouverymuch!