Can you help? Cachebusters - Swim to a Cache

hanando

Do you know of a Cache that you have to Swim to?

Ideally anywhere in the south of England or South Wales and preferably close to the M4 corridor, but very happy to travel too?

I am attempting a mystery cache called I Challenge You to Play...... CACHEBUSTERS! GC2JQNW.

The fourth row is particularly tricky and I am opting for "Swim to a Cache" as I don't fancy the alternatives.

I was thinking about swimming to this cache GC13GHQ, but I fear that the tides might be too strong.

Weather still a bit chilly for me even with my wetsuit on, but I am hoping that by posting this message I'll be able to find a suitable cache just in time for a more temperate dip come May time.

Thank you

Ideally anywhere in the south of England or South Wales and preferably close to the M4 corridor, but very happy to travel too?

I am attempting a mystery cache called I Challenge You to Play...... CACHEBUSTERS! GC2JQNW.

The fourth row is particularly tricky and I am opting for "Swim to a Cache" as I don't fancy the alternatives.

I was thinking about swimming to this cache GC13GHQ, but I fear that the tides might be too strong.

Weather still a bit chilly for me even with my wetsuit on, but I am hoping that by posting this message I'll be able to find a suitable cache just in time for a more temperate dip come May time.

Thank you

M'wahahahahahahahaha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, I swam halfway across the Rhein to Hatto's Schatz, because I didn't want to bother finding a boat. But I don't think I was supposed to, nor would I really recommend it. :grin:

You're a premium member -- the easy way to find swimming caches near you (or in any given area) is to run a pocket query for the swimming attribute.

swimming-yes.gif

(Assuming that the cache owner selected the "swimming" attribute, that is.)

edit: messed up link

Edited by hzoi

Well, I swam halfway across the Rhein to Hatto's Schatz, because I didn't want to bother finding a boat. But I don't think I was supposed to, nor would I really recommend it. :grin:

You're a premium member -- the easy way to find swimming caches near you (or in any given area) is to run a pocket query for the swimming attribute.

swimming-yes.gif

(Assuming that the cache owner selected the "swimming" attribute, that is.)

edit: messed up link

The theory is very good, but I just ran a PQ and it seems that CO's are using this attribute simply because their cache is close to water.

Edited by Nick & Ali

..and either of these might just get you ticked off, too ;)

I didn't know wading counted as swimming :P For me, swimming starts when my toes no longer reach terra firma. Heck, I was even wading for a pesky cache last Sunday <_<

I think the suggestion was that those are underground caches which would permit the OP to take a different route acoss the Blockbusters board.

I think not. There are many easier (and drier) underground caches than those two :)

I didn't know wading counted as swimming :P For me, swimming starts when my toes no longer reach terra firma. Heck, I was even wading for a pesky cache last Sunday <_<

It doesn't say it has to be a cache you can only get to by swimming.....there are thousands out there that anybody could swim to if they felt like it ;)

And if you go venture further past both of those caches you'll be up to your neck before too long ;)

Edited by keehotee

I think the suggestion was that those are underground caches which would permit the OP to take a different route acoss the Blockbusters board.

There are many easier (and drier) underground caches than those two :)

Nobody said it had to be easy <_<

Thank you

A bit further away and you would need a boat or plane ride but you could do this one in Northern Ireland GC283N8. Its also in a nice area in Northern Ireland and would make for a nice weekend break in the nearby seaside town of Bangor.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and sagely advice.

Portsmouth sound fun and being TTF on a cache that has been hidden for three years does hold a certain attraction - eek!

Only the swim and a 5 mile walk to only one cache to go now.

Hananado