Enduring Love

EyeD10T

Here is the mint artwork for a coin that I have been working on. I will be calling it "Enduring Love".

enduringlove.jpg

The front of the coin is an artist rendition of a tattoo that I have. I actually got the idea for the tattoo from a friend of mine that had a similar tattoo that I always liked. The tattoo that I have is encircled by vines very similar to the ones that are shown on the front of the coin. In the tattoo, the couple in the middle of the vines represents my wife and me. The symbolism of the vines and the couple represent the fact that no matter what we have to deal with in life our love will help us through it. In my tattoo, there are 5 oak leaves that hang from the bottom of the heart. Each of the oak leaves has the name of 1 of my children. As time goes on, from each of the oak leave will hang oak leaves for my grandchildren. All of this forming a family tree that also will symbolize the fact that families formed with love can forever remain together...no matter what - an enduring love.

For the back of the coin, I chose a compass rose design. During the age of exploration, a common standard of horizontal lines being drawn to represent compass headings came into being. The four main points of these drawings displayed the orientation of cardinal directions (North, South, East, and West). The next four points represented NE, SE, SW, and NW, and so on. The name for these drawings became compass rose because the points on the drawings were similar to the points of the flower.

The traditional compass rose had 32 points, but in the middle ages, this changed to 16 points because it was widely believed that many sailors did not understand how to read the previous design of 32 points. Compass roses can have as little as 4 points, representing the cardinal directions, but the more points in the compass rose the more accurate the reading is.

The front of the coin is meant as inspiration to us all to remember the importance of loving your fellow man and the fact that enduring love lasts forever – no matter what!

The compass rose was chosen for the back of the coin to pay homage to the history of navigation, to remember how far it has come, and to dream about the possibilities of the future.

Take care and have a great day!

Edited by Eartha

any thought about adding a ring at the top so the coin could be used as a pendent?

You know I'm in for one...it is my hope that love endures

ILYK

Thanks for the idea. I checked with my vendor and unfortunately, the dies are already made and they cant add this to the existing die. Something that I will have to keep in mind for the future. ;)

I received word today that the samples are being shipped to me. They sent along a few photos, but the pictures were not the best, so I only have one to share.

This is the Antique Bronze Sample of the Enduring Love coin

elantbrnz2.jpg

The rest of the samples are as follows:

1 - Antique Silver and #7 green

1 - Antique Silver no color

1 - Antique Bronze and no color

1 - soft Gold with #7 green

1 - Black nickel no color

All of the backs are the finish without color. I will post more pictures when the samples arrive, but feel free to offer any thoughts/opinions/advice you may have.

Thank you! Have a great day all!

What a gorgeous coin! I really shouldn't torture myself with looking through all the coins people are making! I want them all! This one is of course especially special- Love is such a precious thing, and we don't take care of it, or sometimes even recognise it nearly enough in our lives! This coin is a lovely reminder of that.

I have a feeling this one will sell like hotcakes! I have a few ideas of my own for some coins- I might have to chat with a maker!

Great looking coin. How did you do the initial design? Is it a pencil drawing on a piece of paper or is there some software that you use to design a coin?

Mike

I sent a picture of the tattoo to the vendor and they had one of their artists draw it. The back of the coin was hand draw and then the same artist drew it up with the detailing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you everyone for the nice words. I am glad you like the coin. I received the rest of the samples today, so I am working on getting some better pictures to post.

Here are pictures of the samples that I received. I am thinking about have 3 versions of the coin made. The ones I like are the ones with the color added. My wife and daughters also liked the solid Antique silver, while I prefered the antique bronze. The Black Nickel version is going to be the only one in existence (I am partial to black nickel, so I had to try it. It doesnt wow me like I hoped it would) :rolleyes:

The Antique Bronze

antbrnz.jpg

The Antique Silver

antsilver.jpg

The Soft Gold

sftgld.jpg

The blech...er..uh...Black Nickel ;)

blacknickel.jpg

Which ones do you like? Should I consider another color instead of all green? Any feedback is appreciated.

WOW!! These turned out awesome!!

Sometimes when I'm designing something I can just feel that they are going to turn out really nice, but these just beat all expectations!! Of course, I had a good idea to start from. :D

(If U didn't know, I did the original concept art to send to the mint :) )

My choice would definitely be the Antique Bronze & Green! ;)

Congrats on some truly awesome looking coins!!! :wub:

D-man B)

if available, please figure me for a green on gold.

ILYK

I have a feeling that this will be one of the versions I will do. I will put you down for one if it is. Thank you

...Maybe add some color to the BN as well

I asked, but they are unable to add color to this coin in the black nickel. I forget why, but there is a reason.

WOW!! These turned out awesome!!

Sometimes when I'm designing something I can just feel that they are going to turn out really nice, but these just beat all expectations!! Of course, I had a good idea to start from. :D

(If U didn't know, I did the original concept art to send to the mint :) )

My choice would definitely be the Antique Bronze & Green! ;)

Congrats on some truly awesome looking coins!!! :wub:

D-man B)

Thank you so much - You brought the vision that I had in my head to life...great work!

There will be 3 versions of this coin.

1. Soft gold with Green on the front

2. Antique Silver with Green on the front

3. Antique Bronze with Green on the front

Here are the coin details:

1.5” x 3mm coins

3D front and back

Imitation hard enamel on front

Trackable with Icon

I am asking $11.00 + shipping for these coins. Shipping will be $2.00 for US, and $2.50 for International. If you order more than one coin, then add .50 per coin.

I am taking reservations if you are interested. You can email me via my profile or leave a message in this thread. I will contact those that have already expressed interest to confirm reservations.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not good about keeping secrets, so I will go ahead and spill the beans. 10% of these coins will be unique. I will explain how, but first I have to give a little background about my geocaching name, EyeD10T.

For years I have used the username "nestsdad" when I needed an website username. This is because NESTS contained the first initial of each of my kids’ names (Nick, Emily, Shaun, Tash, Samantha). The kids are growing up and I now have grandchildren, so I decided it was time for a change. I chose EyeD10T - here is the story behind that name choice,

I work in technical support and there is a running joke in this career field. The gist of the joke is - a guy calls in to get technical assistance, but is unable to follow the instructions given by the technician, so the technician tells the guy that his problem is an "I-D-10-T" problem.

I-D-10-T = IDIOT ;)

I started writing my biography about a year ago and I right away wanted to title it I-D-10-T, which ended up being EyeD10T. I chose this title because as I get older I realize how little I knew when I was growing up and how lucky I am to have survived many of the dumb mistakes I have made in my life.

So that is how EyeD10T became my geocaching user name.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how does that story have any thing to do with the 10% of the coins being unique? That is because 10% of each version will have the following engraved on the side:

EyeD10T Proof

Just think...the coin you get may be Idiot Proof! :)

When I get the coins, I will check them to make sure that the 10% are engraved...then my wife will put them in the box so I cant see the engravings. When I select them to ship them I wont be looking so the EyeD10T Proofs will be sent at random..luck of the draw.

Thank you everyone and have a great day!!

1.5” x 3mm coins

3D front and back

Trackable with Icon

I am asking $11.00 + shipping for these coins. Shipping will be $2.00 for US, and $2.50 for International. If you order more than one coin, then add .50 per coin.

I am taking reservations if you are interested. You can email me via my profile or leave a message in this thread. I will contact those that have already expressed interest to confirm reservations.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not good about keeping secrets, so I will go ahead and spill the beans. 10% of these coins will be unique. I will explain how, but first I have to give a little background about my geocaching name, EyeD10T.

For years I have used the username "nestsdad" when I needed an website username. This is because NESTS contained the first initial of each of my kids’ names (Nick, Emily, Shaun, Tash, Samantha). The kids are growing up and I now have grandchildren, so I decided it was time for a change. I chose EyeD10T - here is the story behind that name choice,

I work in technical support and there is a running joke in this career field. The gist of the joke is - a guy calls in to get technical assistance, but is unable to follow the instructions given by the technician, so the technician tells the guy that his problem is an "I-D-10-T" problem.

I-D-10-T = IDIOT ;)

I started writing my biography about a year ago and I right away wanted to title it I-D-10-T, which ended up being EyeD10T. I chose this title because as I get older I realize how little I knew when I was growing up and how lucky I am to have survived many of the dumb mistakes I have made in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how does that story have any thing to do with the 10% of the coins being unique? That is because 10% of each version will have the following engraved on the side:

EyeD10T Proof

When I get the coins, I will check them to make sure that the 10% are engraved...then my wife will put them in the box so I cant see the engravings. When I select them to ship them I wont be looking so the EyeD10T Proofs will be sent at random..luck of the draw.

just confirming my order for a gold/green..thanks!

ILYK

And I thought you only had 2 daughters :o Sorry I sent you only 2 little cows the other day :huh:

Very nice coin by the way!

LOL - No worries. My 2 youngest are the only cachers - the rest of the kids are adults now. I was very nice of you to send the cows...the girls love them. ;)

And I thought you only had 2 daughters :o Sorry I sent you only 2 little cows the other day :huh:

Very nice coin by the way!

LOL - No worries. My 2 youngest are the only cachers - the rest of the kids are adults now. I was very nice of you to send the cows...the girls love them. ;)

Glad to hear that ;)

Here are pictures of the samples that I received. I am thinking about have 3 versions of the coin made. The ones I like are the ones with the color added. My wife and daughters also liked the solid Antique silver, while I prefered the antique bronze. The Black Nickel version is going to be the only one in existence (I am partial to black nickel, so I had to try it. It doesnt wow me like I hoped it would) :rolleyes:

The Antique Bronze

antbrnz.jpg

The Antique Silver

antsilver.jpg

The Soft Gold

sftgld.jpg

The blech...er..uh...Black Nickel ;)

blacknickel.jpg

Which ones do you like? Should I consider another color instead of all green? Any feedback is appreciated.

1.5” x 3mm coins

3D front and back

Trackable with Icon

~~~~~~~~~~~

I-D-10-T = IDIOT ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~

EyeD10T Proof

I would like 1 of the soft gold "OR" antique silver. Thank you!

Received word that the mint will be shipping the coins to me the 1st week of March. We still have all 3 versions available for reservation, although there are only a few of the gold version left.

The price is $11 per coin. Shipping is $1.50 (not $2) for U.S. and $2.50 International. If you are ordering more than one coin, then add .50 for each coin.

Just let me know if you would like to reserve one, and thank you to all that have reserved one so far.

I received confirmation that the coins have shipped. I am due to receive them by Thursday of next week and will be shipping them as long as they check out. The pictures look good, so I am excited to see them. I sent out an update email/message to everyone that reserved one (or more) of these coins. If you placed a reservation and did not receive an update from me, please let me know.

Have a great day everyone! :)

The coins arrived today and they look great!

:)

all-1.jpg

The final mint numbers are:

Antique Bronze - 100

Antique Silver - 50

Soft Gold - 50

10% of each is an EyeD10T Proof:

eyed10tproof.jpg

I will be fulfilling reservations this week. If you do not hear from me by Sunday, please contact me and let me know.

To thank you for reserving a coin, the reservation price will be less than the regular sale price The reservation price is $10/ coin + $1.50 shipping (US). International shipping will be $2.50. I will add .50 to the shipping for additonal coins.

If you did not reserve one, you can still order them at the reservation price. I will honor that price until Sunday the 20th. After that, the coins will be available online - here.

The coins arrived today and they look great!

:)

all-1.jpg

The final mint numbers are:

Antique Bronze - 100

Antique Silver - 50

Soft Gold - 50

10% of each is an EyeD10T Proof:

eyed10tproof.jpg

I will be fulfilling reservations this week. If you do not hear from me by Sunday, please contact me and let me know.

To thank you for reserving a coin, the reservation price will be less than the regular sale price The reservation price is $10/ coin + $1.50 shipping (US). International shipping will be $2.50. I will add .50 to the shipping for additonal coins.

If you did not reserve one, you can still order them at the reservation price. I will honor that price until Sunday the 20th. After that, the coins will be available online - here.

Oh, I REALLY want one of these. Antique silver, if possible.

This is one of the most gorgeous geocoins I have ever seen.