This is my in-town geocaching ride,,in the works.

Well I have a nice ride I have been building-RIDES LIKE A DREAM-

Just got all the parts in and put on, just waiting a long weekend so I can paint her...I am painting it gloss white with black accents.

photos840.jpg

photos775.jpg

here it is after the new fenders.. all that is left if the paint.... :laughing:

photos796-1.jpg

what do you think???

Edited by rockhoppernc

well the paint is going to be all gloss white with black accents,

and the ex-sprocket is the help take the slack out of the chain,,,the chain holds it in and spins with the chain..

the rear wheel is a 2 speed kick back...you kick it back to change gears. I went inside the hub and took a few things out to make it go in a smaller gear for going up hills....works very well...

on the colors I was also thinking fire truck red with white accents....what colors to you people think i should paint it?????

well it is funny you might ask that. I do have a thing to hold my RAM mount to the handle bars and I think I did see someplace a tracker bug sticker to put on your car...I was going to put on on the rear fender..OR

I was going to ask if it was ok to buy one of the dog-tag tracker bugs and put it on the rear fender??? :laughing:

Itake this bige all over the usa going to bluegrass fests and people allways stop to look at this bike

Cool, I had a bike like that when I was a kid. I hated it. It was old and all my friends had those hip, new Stingrays and I was jealous. What did I know, I was 9.

I soooo coveted a Stingray when I was a little kid of 5 or 6. Never achieved one, but I DID get a chrome 36/36 Scrambler (The first BMX bike) when I was 9. :laughing:

Don't leave that laying around while doing the drunk bee dance. Some jerk will likely think they need it more than you do.

And don't chain it up without looping the chain through both wheels. Too often I see someone going down the street with a whee or two in their hand. It doesn't take much imagination to figure where they keep getting these.

Don't leave that laying around while doing the drunk bee dance. Some jerk will likely think they need it more than you do.

And don't chain it up without looping the chain through both wheels. Too often I see someone going down the street with a whee or two in their hand. It doesn't take much imagination to figure where they keep getting these.

Whithout quick release wheels, it is unlikely that they will get stolen while you are searching GZ. If you leave it parked outside of work, or at WP1 of a 6 leg multi, maybe.

I have to agree about getting a good lock for it. The last time I took my bike out to do some riding, and to find a cache or two with my daughter on father's day, the lock was no match for bolt cutters, even on a rack with twenty other bikes surrounding it and lots of other people nearby. We were not that far away and back in a half hour or so. They at least left my daughter's bike, which was chained together with mine. But I have much better (and unfortunately much heavier) security in place for the replacement.

Edited by mulvaney

Whithout quick release wheels, it is unlikely that they will get stolen while you are searching GZ. If you leave it parked outside of work, or at WP1 of a 6 leg multi, maybe.

Most of our bike-part thieves carry a wrench. :laughing:

Well I have a nice ride I have been building-RIDES LIKE A DREAM-

Just got all the parts in and put on, just waiting a long weekend so I can paint her...I am painting it gloss white with black accents.

photos840.jpg

photos775.jpg

here it is after the new fenders.. all that is left if the paint.... :P

photos796-1.jpg

what do you think???

Tell me again. How did you put these pictures in here.

Hey, MR57, to post a picture like this you can upload your images from your computer on any free image hosting site, such as imageshack. Once your photo is uploaded (will only take a minute or so) they will give you different htmls/codes for whatever purpose you need.

To post in the forums you will choose the link that states I believe, "For Forum Use:"

Now regarding this awesome bike! Growing up in the 90s I was never around any bikes like these, but heard stories from my parents. This looks awesome and I am jealous!